It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't call any question irrelevant...but I had a discussion recently regarding homosexuality. Besides all of the Biblical drivel and philosophical debate, I was thrown when evidence suggesting homosexuality IS in fact a choice was thrust in my face. The immediate demand was that I refute that specific argument...and I thought it would be a good idea to post my response here.

Since homosexuality is one of the great arguments among politics, it is sure to be found here...and I was not disappointed. By the way, I'm posting this in honor of parents and friends, many of whom are the subject of this discussion.

Now...the question of choice. It is my opinion (and I consider myself to be a very reliable source, having extensive background in the subject - I was raised around homosexuals. I had an open family
) that homosexuality varies...some have a choice, some do not. Sometimes it's a matter of falling in love, sometimes it's an aesthetic appreciation, and sometimes it's a subconscious message.

But the thing is, it's an irrelevant question. The only reason choice came into play is because homosexuals were viewed as lepers...except lepers were simply unfortunate. Gays are simply damned. Yes, it all came from religion. The ONLY reason it was ever considered wrong to begin with, is because of the Bible, which is STILL being questioned after centuries of existence.

If the question of morals wasn't involved, the question of choice wouldn't be necessary. People would love whomever they desired, and there would be no issue. Choice is not relevant; the question of morals is. But the thing is, the Bible's moral code and the human moral code don't exactly line up. We've been TAUGHT to demonize homosexuality, but other countries raised both with and WITHOUT the Bible have shown no consideration for the spiritual aspect of such acts.

It's a matter of taste, and if every difference of taste was treated like homosexuality is, then there would be no one left alive. Or everyone would be at war. The medical arguments could easily be replicated for heterosexual relationships...AIDS spreads just as easily through heterosexual coitus as it does through anything else.

Try to understand without the voices of society to guide you. See it through your OWN understanding of love. Variety is a blessing, my friends. It is the spice of life. Don't abhor it, for then you abhor life itself. Love the homosexuals for loving each other; don't hate them for HOW they do it.

After all, choice or not...it doesn't really matter.

Namaste
edit on CSaturdaypm222257f57America/Chicago04 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CSaturdaypm282847f47America/Chicago04 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If they are making the initial assertions that it's a bad thing, you should ask them to prove that it is before you start proving your point. I'm sure their points aren't exactly impervious either.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Though I prefer to “ cast no stones”, and have friends who are homosexual, I pose this; If all males of this subject are cut off from the rest of society and the same for the females and from each other there would be no procreation! To me this defies existance.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Though I prefer to “ cast no stones”, and have friends who are homosexual, I pose this; If all males of this subject are cut off from the rest of society and the same for the females and from each other there would be no procreation! To me this defies existance.

Who said sexuality HAS to be restricted to procreation?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This would never happen so it's quite irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Who said sexuality HAS to be restricted to procreation?

These days, it doesn't, but that clearly was the original intent. Modern science, i.e. birth control methods, has freed us from having to face the consequences. We now live in a culture where anything goes, so it's a natural to include homosexuality into the mix. The question of "choice," however, is completely political. The homosexual agenda does not allow "choice" to be a reason. The whole premis is based on the idea that homosexuals have no choice, that it is innate. If it is not innate, the whole belief structure falls apart. And the fact is, the innateness has nowhere near been proven. That means the whole thing is based on a lie.

Next up: Polygamy. Why not? Who has the right to tell me I can only have one spouse? Isn't that discrimination?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
QUEER POWER!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Please add your additional thoughts to the thread you are already participating on HERE.

Closed.

top topics

join