It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China veto UN rebuke of Syrian president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Russia, China veto UN rebuke of Syrian president

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

Amid fresh bloodshed in the Syrian city of Homs, the U.N. Security Council on Saturday failed to pass a resolution calling on the Syrian president to step down.

Russia and China vetoed the resolution endorsing an Arab League call for Bashar Assad to leave power. The other 13 council members, including the U.S., France and Britain, voted in favor of the resolution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Looks like China and Russia are trying to assert their control in the world through the U.N. at the moment. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the west worked around the U.N. to accomplish their goal of stopping the violence in Syria. Who knows, I'm interested in where this situation goes from here.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

It sure shows where the likely stances will be with regards to Iran too. Sad day when world leaders cannot agree onn a road map to peace, what does that leave the international community with...covert operations.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The US are not interested in stopping the violence, they are interested in having a puppet regime installed and lessening Russia's influence in the ME, both Russia and China know this and that is why the veto, it was obvious from the start this would happen and it is no surprise especially how the US, UK and France mission creeped and went well beyond the last resolution

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
reply to post by Ralphy

It sure shows where the likely stances will be with regards to Iran too. Sad day when world leaders cannot agree onn a road map to peace, what does that leave the international community with...covert operations.

that's because they're not looking for a map to peace, they are looking towards a map to control, money and power. peace means nothing to the UN.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
The US are not interested in stopping the violence, they are interested in having a puppet regime installed and lessening Russia's influence in the ME, both Russia and China know this and that is why the veto, it was obvious from the start this would happen and it is no surprise especially how the US, UK and France mission creeped and went well beyond the last resolution

Yes the US wants to instal the Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim Brotherhood are the once Who got the Syrians rallied up. Our media is trying to buy sympthy from us by showing us the mess. So that we will be symptic towards the use of military force.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

In all, anti-Assad demonstrators stormed at least five embassies in Europe and the Middle East.

I hear they were all CIA, MI5 and/or MOSSAD trained, backed or agents.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
obviously china and russia are doing this so it doesn't set a new precedent.
they want to retain what they believe to be their rights to kill their citizenry without foreign interference, and maintain the status quo, regardless. they don't want to have anyone telling them who can be leader of their country's main political party, nor do they want some foreign entity telling them how to do it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is this suppose to be a surprise?

Israel is more than likely going to act (on Iran). NATO will most likely defend Israel (hopefully).

That is America's get out of jail free card , if possible. Israel attacks - America helps as we said we would.

It is still Iffy , if the Arab league will use military force. They are a bunch of pusses any way , but if they do obviously NATO will be there. That is probably all this hinges on , if the Arabs intervene , and we help.

It is obvious that Russia and China was going to do this.
edit on 4-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

Looks like China and Russia are trying to assert their control in the world through the U.N. at the moment. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the west worked around the U.N. to accomplish their goal of stopping the violence in Syria. Who knows, I'm interested in where this situation goes from here.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

The US doesn't care about Syria. If US was interested in stopping Violence they missed a large opportunity in Africa
where genocide has been going on for years now.
all this shows is the alignment of Allies for the up coming Pissing match.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

By stopping the violence you mean "intensify" the war?

Hopefully that's what you mean, because a lot of people believe that US and its friends have no intention in ending the violence.

Notice how MSM quickly pulled a "massacre" card out of its pocket right after China and Russia Vetoed a call for open war against Syria, but then funnily every article I read about the "massacre" card, I saw the same source, a dude living in Britain.

Not surprised..

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Despite of russias reasonings for their veto, I'm somewhat perplexed as to what their real motives are. They could allow for hundreds, if not thousands of more deaths due to their decision. That's why the reason for their veto seems somewhat 'thin' in light of the consequences.

I'm also curious as to why the west pushes for Syrias opportunity for achieving democracy. Maybe it's a novel way to implant a government that will be more agreeable and easily yield to the requests of the west?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
RT said months ago that the CIA was involved with Syrian death squads.

www.youtube.com...

Seeing as how we were in Vietnam in the 40's to "assist" the French, it hardly seems surprising.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

71. The Mission determined that there is an armed entity that is not mentioned in the protocol. This development on the ground can undoubtedly be attributed to the excessive use of force by Syrian Government forces in response to protests that occurred before the deployment of the Mission demanding the fall of the regime. In some zones, this armed entity reacted by attacking Syrian security forces and citizens, causing the Government to respond with further violence. In the end, innocent citizens pay the price for those actions with life and limb.

GCC - Arab League Report

I'm sure it means nothing though.

edit on 4-2-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Russia and China have done well to veto the stupid resolution. Majority of problems in Syria have their roots in the foreign lands from where the funding, arms and guidance to terrorists comes. Foreign powers are fueling the riots and outright battles in Syria. Once this support is stopped there will not be any commotion in that country. Once again, well done Russia and China.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Looks like China and Russia are trying to assert their control in the world through the U.N.

This is so wrong a statement that it forced me to comment. The U.N. has for the most part of its history been an instrument under the USA to combat communism and gather legitimacy for its actions. Making a claim that other objecting to the USA intentions in that forum is an assertion of control is extremely disturbing.

Remember the French fries campaign to subdue the French and the spying and despicable vote negations of the past, one must only look on how Israel has failed to comply with UN regulations to see how the plane is inclined...

edit on 4-2-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
No, it means they know something. Syria just underwent yesterday a bloody revolt by the same cia/mossad black ops propped up Muslim Brotherhood regressionists that took out Egypt and Libya. Assad is backed by 80% of the population and they don't want the Brotherhood. Hundreds died yesterday. They were tweating it as it happened, children beheaded and wounded in hospitals excecuted, and even the water supplies poisoned.

Then they censored the tweets, so the real info could no longer come out and MSN had a watered down version of it instead.

This was what an Egyptian on another forum gave testimony as to what was done to them by the CIA/affiliated rebels in Egypt.

And guess what the UN is behind the Muslim Brotherhood, a creation of the Nazi's and a tool of NWO,

This situation is abhorrent.

news.ph.msn.com...

They will not succeed in putting the world or a huge chunk of it under primitive shariah, cutting off hands and heads and putting women in veils. Not a chance!!!!!
edit on 4-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It is not about how many people supports Assad, if people wants Democracy, then that is what they should get. But from what I see, US doesn't want that, US wants Assad to step down and let a bunch of puppets come to power.

The way forward is to bring security back, then have elections to see who Syrians want as president. This is a Syrian matter, let's not make the situation worse.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

This is nothing to do with democracy. This has only 100% to do with the CIA/MOSSAD MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD. AND EVIL. . And its by a minority. The CIA/MOSSAD and yeah the act as one, use the Muslim Brotherhood harsh hellzone evil oppression of women and children and things that need to be illegal the whole planet over, beheadings and chopping off hands. And yesterday these monsters poisoned their water, killed hundreds and beheaded children.

This is NOT a fight for freedom. This is NWO. And they plan on doing this to the world.

That is what is going on.

This is Syria by the way.

I want it stay like this, and get better.

www.english.globalarabnetwork.com...

joshualandis.com...

I dont ever want to see one more NAZI BLOODLINE PLOT FOR THIS

scm-l3.technorati.com...

edit on 5-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Yea.. they will work around UN just like they did with the bombing of Serbia in 1999, they didnt have autorization (spelling?) or an resolution from UN to commence such an attack on Serbia, but they did it anyways, and they will just do the same with Syria, Iran, and last one we will have to wait to see

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join