It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Second Chance[TJWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am not an experienced writer, so forgive me. One thing I have been trying is to leave just enough room for the reader to fill in their own details throughout the story in regards to the fine particulars of "how, why, etc". This allows you to use your imagination as well. I am attracted to different styles of writing and ways of telling stories, so I hope everyone enjoys and feel free to give me pointers!

Thanks for reading!

A Second Chance

He found himself lying on a cold hospital bed. The sheets stuck to his skin and the low, slow beep of medical device pierced his ears with sharp attacks.

How did I end up here?

What happened?

He recalls the phone call from his son. A disagreement.....words of anger. A father's bond temporarily broken in one single moment of hate.

His heart wretches in his chest and he grasps the bedding at his side. The pain gave way to regret.

I could have done better for my son

"Doctor! He is going into cardiac arrest!", the nurse shouts down the cold, sterile hallway of the hospital.

Rushing in, the doctor calls for a defribulator.

my son, my son

"clear!"

darkness..................................

There was no more pain. No more sound. Only the calm of complete nothingness. Visions of his life swarmed his thought.

my son

I could have done better

He slowly began to feel a sensation in his shoulder. As the sensation increased, he snapped to life. Confused, he found himself sitting in a chair in the hospital waiting room.

His brother stood over him, shaking his shoulder. "Wake up man! You can't sleep through this."

sleep through what?

what happened?

Standing upright, he looked around confused as to how he arrived here? Moments earlier he was in the hospital bed. Now he was in the waiting room.

"I swear, you would be late to your own funeral." His brother joked as they walked down the hall. Stopping in front of the appropriate door, he said "Go get 'em tiger. Make sure you don't get sick. You always were a pansy".

Now he was really confused!

what's going on here?

As he slowly pressed the door open, it gave a slight creak. He stepped into the room.

His wife lay on the bed, sweating and breathing heavily. "c'mon daddy. Don't you want to watch your son being born?"

my son

As his wife let's out a small groan, the nurse says, "It's time."

my son

a second chance

my son

edit on 4-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Text Black

Well done.I'm sure there a time we all wished we could travel back in time for a second chance.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Megladon

I bet I could safely say we all wish we could go back and change something.

Thanks for reading!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Great job!
Thanks for taking the time to share this here - I'm glad I read it.
And yeah, you're a writer!

peace

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks Silo!

I try my best.

top topics

join