It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Killed "Who Killed The Electric Car?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So a buddy and I were talking about the new electric Nissans being built at a plant in TN, and I wanted to show him the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car". He didn't believe me that we had cars with a 200 mile range on just electricity in 1996...

So while scouring the interwebs... I realized the movie has either been taken down from various places in the last year, or it is being removed.

On YouTube, half the videos posted under the movie title have been removed, or the entire accounts have been closed or terminated. (Seriously, I'll Screen Shot it. I've never seen YouTube account terminated for documentaries before... they just remove the video. The hell is going on?)

Anyone know where to find the documentary at online? I've never known Google or the Tube to remove documentaries... (Yeah, you can't find it on Google either...)

Found a version with Greek Subs.

If anyone hasn't seen it before, I suggest you take a quick watch before it gets removed from the web altogether...

I'll link the first 2 segments, as I don't kn ow the forum policy on posting whole videos...

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Here's the shots of the terminated accounts. Four different users... All with the same video.

And here's what the videos say...

I've searched numerous movies on the Tube to see if they were taking down any movies they find, and you can still find 2 hour long full movies... but THIS particular documentary is getting accounts terminated.

Damned bureaucrats...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Practicality killed the electric car. Much of what is transported across the world is transported by train. That would be the route to go.

Also, people often fail to realize that most of America lives in rural areas. Today’s electric cars are just not practical.

We still have a ways to go.

But it is still all about profits.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I've never seen YouTube account terminated for documentaries before...

I have =/ -this- ladys and gents is why I go ballistic when things like sopa start occuring, because no one seams to notice what disappears, being peoples identity from the net in the form of accounts suddenly being gone because there were too many ufo videos, or too many docu's about money or war.

good luck killing this story though, the tesla cat is out of the bag, halfway down the street to the airport at this point. electric cars work, have since the 60's, the technical problem however is the hidden patents.

/rant, how long before the internets libraries of info burn the same as the libraries of alexandria...

if in doubt google video search anyways, those hypocrits still have nearly all the old docu's because they make even less effort than youtube to check their own files.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname

if in doubt google video search anyways, those hypocrits still have nearly all the old docu's because they make even less effort than youtube to check their own files.

Nope, even says the video is "temporarily unavailable, check back later..." on google.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's funny, about three years ago I was watching that very same documentary on a documentary channel, and for some reason a large portion of it was blacked out when it came to the part about the auto industry being the guilty parties.

It was so strange that I sent an email to the individuals who produced this film. They offered to send me a free copy of the video, but I didn't follow up on it.

You can reach the producers of this documentary at: [email protected]. I'll bet you can get a copy of it from them, perhaps for free

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Go to a torrent site that is still up and running and download the movie from there.

I still have the movie, and it is really worth watching

You will not find much on youtube because of censorship as well as trying to google it. Like I said above, look through torrents and you have a better chance there. Who says sharing isn't caring??

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Originally posted by whatsinaname

Nope, even says the video is "temporarily unavailable, check back later..." on google.

Accounts are terminated and videos are removed if it affects copyright laws. Documentaries can be removed at will from Youtube by Youtube....and there is nothing you can do about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I was trying to point out that they don't care and just remove accounts if they deem them to be too revealing, i've seen accounts with nothing but phone videos of ufo's disappear.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Accounts are terminated and videos are removed if it affects copyright laws. Documentaries can be removed at will from Youtube by Youtube....and there is nothing you can do about it.

Well no $#!% Sherlock. Any other insights into your bountiful wisdom you are willing to divulge?

The point is that while YT can take down any vid they want, they don't. They seem to hand-select which ones they deem a violation. I could post so many full movies off of YT right now that the ATS server would crash...

But they decide to remove this one... and every copy of it...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have seen that Documentary before.. And as the auto makers rolled out the last couple electric cars,, I could not help but wonder who would be the ones to kill it this time around.?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Have you considered that it is a copyrighted video so its illegal to upload it to youtube without the permission of the people who own the copyright? As soon as the copyright holder complains about it being on youtube it gets taken down.

Ive had videos that ive made and posted at other sites reposted at youtube without permission. All you do is contact youtube and complain and they get removed.

This is not a conspiracy its simple copyright infringement. Youtube remove stuff when they are requested to.

edit on 4-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
look at

a.b.multimedia
226.1 days

-> i love the usenet

edit on 5-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

new topics

top topics

join