It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hardest Decision…Chapter II [TWJC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My heart was heavy as I trekked from my hut on the outskirts of the village to Mohammed’s house. I really didn’t want to kill a child…but I saw little recourse. I thought of the millions of lives saved over the millennia.

I paid little attention to the man leaving the village until he laid his hand upon my arm.

“Hi Bill. Nice day for a walk, ain’t it?” I immediately knew who it was, that long southern drawl of his. Steve, my assistant from the lab.

I took a step back, immediately wary. “Steve! What the hell are you doing here? Why are you here? Has something gone wrong with the timeline?”

Steve just stood there with a wry smile on his face. “Isn’t it obvious? I’m here to stop you. And yes, something has gone terribly wrong. And your actions today caused it.”

I realized that Steve had aged since I had last seen him. “How have things gone wrong?”

“Well, the Multi-verse has been proven to exist. And we have worked out a way to return from our adventures since you left. This is no longer a one way trip. What you have planned today has a lasting effect on multiple timelines with disastrous consequences. We can now see consequences of our observers actions and are working to recall them before more damage is done” Steve smiled again, “I’m here to bring you home. No harm, no foul.”

“What harm, Steve?” I’ve done nothing wrong.” Yet, I thought.

“Bill, we know what you have planned.” Steve took another step away from me and put his hand into his robes. “The cache, remember? We know now what will happen if you carry out your plan. And it ain’t good.”

I was dumbfounded. How could I have been so stupid! But the scientist in me insists upon documenting everything. It never dawned on my literal mind that my documents had already been recovered even possibly prior to my departure.

“You may have thought this through Bill, but you didn’t think far enough.” Steve slid his hand far enough out of robe so I could see he had a pistol in his hand.

“My God, man! Think about the lives I save by eliminating Islam! No Crusades! No Jihad! My wife would still live!” Tears flowed down my face. “I don’t want to do this, but it must be done!”

Steve sighed, “Sit down Bill and I’ll explain a few things to you…the Cliff notes, so to speak. No sudden moves please, as I would prefer not to shoot you, but I will if need be. You’re a friend, please listen.”

I sat down dejectedly while still weighing my options. “OK. Shoot. I mean that factiously of course.”

Steve stayed standing. “OK, long story short. When you kill Mo, you eliminate Islam. At which point, you have negated a major religion, which in turn strengthened others. Wars throughout history actually increased. Over time, Buddhism was wiped out as was Hinduism; Pagans and Atheists were just executed on the spot, on both sides. It was genocide. Convert or die. It boils down to Judaism and Christianity. The timeline you altered, Judaism rules the Middle East and most of Asia, Christianity holds sway over North and South America and much of Europe. Africa is damn near unpopulated through all the wars for resources. There are more foreigners than Afrikaans there nowadays. The way you have altered the timeline suggests that the world is involved in perpetual war.”

Steve continued. “Hell, I don’t even know if I’m in the same timeline anymore. Remember Barb? I go to work one day and she’s a blond like always. After the next mission, she’s a redhead and the next she’s a brunette.” But the timeline has not changed, so I chalk it up her dying her hair. Women”, he chuckled.

“Dude!” God I hated it when he called me that. “Don’t you get it? Religion is politics, and politics is power. For every Ying, here is a Yang. Oppositional powers.”

“The timeline you created caused multiple nuclear strikes on every continent during WW2. There is a tenuous peace at best. But proxy wars continue. People are still dying on an unprecedented level. Do you now see why I am here to stop you?”

Perplexed, I looked at him. “Aren’t you of Jewish descent Steve?”

“Yes. Yes I am.” His shoulders slumped and I actually felt sorry for him at that moment.

“OK, let’s suppose for a moment. How do I know you are not from another multi-verse timeline and furthering your agenda at my expense?”

To be continued…

edit on 4-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Whens the third part coming, T??

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Believe it not, I'm still working on it, though every idea to continue I keep tossing. Same thing is happening with my other stories that I'm working on as well. I guess I have writers block and I find it irritating.

But I did say to be continued...so it's back to the grindstone. I guess I'm just going to have to keep the flow going.

new topics

join