It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.N. Security Council FAILS to pass resolution on Syria

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

U.N. Security Council fails to pass resolution on Syria






United Nations (CNN) -- As international anger grows over reports of mass carnage at the hands of the Syrian regime, a U.N. Security Council draft resolution condemning Syria failed to be adopted Saturday after veto-wielding members Russia and China voted against it.

Ambassadors from the other permanent members of the council -- the United States, France, and the United Kingdom -- said they were furious at Russia and China for failing to halt the worsening, bloody violence that has consumed the Middle Eastern nation.



CNN


Good for Russia and China IMO.

Let Syria deal with their internal problems. Enough of the World Police.
But I'm sure they will find another way to bomb Syria, too.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Another source

Russia, China veto U.N. resolution on Syria




Russia and China on Saturday vetoed a Western and Arab-sponsored U.N. resolution condemning Syria’s violent repression of anti-government demonstrators, throwing their prestige and power behind President Bashar al-Assad as he intensifies a military operation aimed at crushing the 10-month-old uprising.


Washington Post



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton's simulated empathy for the Syrian people is really disgusting when a couple of months ago she watched the killings of the innocent libyan people on her TV.


If somebody forgot her embarrassing and disgusting statement about Gaddafi being murdered, here it is.





posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas
 


Good thing Russia finally woke up. Big bear have been sleeping for way too long, while the western coalition spearheaded by the U.S and Israel have massacred thousands of innocents in muslim countries and succeded in overthrowing both Iraq and Libya.

Now they will not get another inch, Syria will prevail, as the planted conspirators(CIA/MOSSAD PLANTS) will be slowly killed off inside the country by the Assad regime before getting reinforced as their plan is now foiled. Same strategy was used on Egypt and Libya where it succeeded.

The next step?



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
1. The United Nations was formed with the noblest intentions in mind, right after 2 devasting wars and immense suffering.

2. Every nation who is a member of that august body must undertake to never make the mistakes of those wars again, anddo have the obligation to stand up for nations that are being bullied by larger or vile countries.

3. In Syria today, thousands of innocents had died, murdered by its dictator. To ignore what is happening NOW is to repeat what had happened to Rwanda.

4. China and Russia today had veto'ed the UN resolution for a firmer stance on that beastly dictator, and had only allowed further bloodshed of innocents, worse with their continued supply of killing machines to him.

5. Thus the China and Russian government had revoked their obligations to the world, and should be evicted from the august body, as they have no intention of alleviating the suffering of thousands, but instead are hampering assistance to the syrian masses in need of help.

They may be super-powers, but they are not the ONLY super-power on Earth. When the rest of the world combines, they become a minority.

It would be pointless to go on with the charade of unity, when the chinese and russian governments have not a care for the rest of the mankind. The sufferings of the Syrians must not be tolerated or ignored as the Rwandians, Darfuians and Tibetans had been.

Let the russian and chinese gov become the pariah and be ignored, shunned, till they lived up to their responsibilities of safeguarding our world. Today if they can ignore the suffering of Syria, tomorrow so too can they do the same to other nation of humans.

As they pledge no allegiance to mankind, so too will mankind not pledge allegiance to those governments, and may their citizens whom have no wish for such atrocious behaviour from their leaders, seek for change so to rejoin the human community.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


You don't really believe that do you?

Seriously you think that they invade all those countries in order to do good and to establish 'democracy' ?

And the bombings of innocent people including little children is what? Collateral Damage?


edit on 4-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas
 


No one is invading anyone.

It is the principle involved - ' Are we to turn a blind eye yet again to the suffering of thousands of our fellow humans in Syria today?'

We mankind had done that before, but we must never repeat it again. Today we ignore, tomorrow it may be us that may be at the end facing the stick.

But what will be the solution for saving the syrian masses? At the very least, that animal dictator's killing machines supply must end and those still existing must be rendered inoperable, so that the reliance on it would lessen. Russia, the supplier, at least have the means to do so, but it had only refused to do so, and the carnage in Syria continues on.

Whatever claims of 'peacekeeping' efforts by the chinese and russian gov is and had been utter BS. 8 months had the murders continued. How long more can you close your eye to it?



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Wow sad to see someone that is actually so utterly deceived by the western plot... Actually it´s hard to even believe


Are you completely lacking the ability of critical thinking perhaps? You have to ask yourself why "hundreds of civilians" always start dying in these countries so suddenly, always killed by "their evil dictator" and always as a precursor to a western urge to invade/overthrow the regime. Come on, isn´t it obvious this is just a tactic they use as an excuse to invade, where the CIA are paying off thousands of "rebels" to start an uprising, getting killed and there you go...


Had they switched the tactic somewhat more, it would be more believable... Still couldn´t fool me though.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


You don't really believe that do you?

Seriously you think that they invade all those countries in order to do good and to establish 'democracy' ?

And the bombings of innocent people including little children is what? Collateral Damage?


edit on 4-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)


The world was a way different place when the League of Nations was created.... there werent huge corporations that dominated the world economy.....



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Hellas
 


No one is invading anyone.

It is the principle involved - ' Are we to turn a blind eye yet again to the suffering of thousands of our fellow humans in Syria today?'

We mankind had done that before, but we must never repeat it again. Today we ignore, tomorrow it may be us that may be at the end facing the stick.

But what will be the solution for saving the syrian masses? At the very least, that animal dictator's killing machines supply must end and those still existing must be rendered inoperable, so that the reliance on it would lessen. Russia, the supplier, at least have the means to do so, but it had only refused to do so, and the carnage in Syria continues on.

Whatever claims of 'peacekeeping' efforts by the chinese and russian gov is and had been utter BS. 8 months had the murders continued. How long more can you close your eye to it?



Dont even bother. They prop up the position of fascist governments that execute people for opposing their own government. They always say the same thing - "brainwashed by Western propaganda"

The truth is, theyre brainwashed by the Muslims propaganda machine.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What should happen is that China and Russia should be expelled from the UN. Having two countries whose human rights records are atrocious given veto's is crazy. The UN should give them the V and tell them to # right off, all they are interested in is their overseas business, they dont give two craps about what is happening to the people in that country. for christs sakes China is a country that forces its people to work 16 hour days with no toilet breaks.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
May the Russian and Chinese governments re-consider their stance if they wish to remain in power.

2012 is and will be a significant year.

The 7 billion masses are awakened.

The window/timefor those gov is getting smaller with each passing second.......



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Definition......... ''the U.N. - a toothless and spineless non entity of an organisation whom seek to be the world authority on justice and progress and yet has to behold to its sponsers and paymsters BEFORE making any sort of ''common sense'' Action or judgement...... !!

Regards

PDUK - (after a red wine or two..bit hey it's the weekend so what !!)



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
May the Russian and Chinese governments re-consider their stance if they wish to remain in power.

2012 is and will be a significant year.

The 7 billion masses are awakened.

The window/timefor those gov is getting smaller with each passing second.......


If they want to remain in power? Do you even know who you're talking about?
It's Russia and China! China has the biggest army in the world.

And if 7 billion masses are awakened, maybe you should do, too!



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe
 


Are you being sarcastic?



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Wow sad to see someone that is actually so utterly deceived by the western plot... Actually it´s hard to even believe


Are you completely lacking the ability of critical thinking perhaps? You have to ask yourself why "hundreds of civilians" always start dying in these countries so suddenly, always killed by "their evil dictator" and always as a precursor to a western urge to invade/overthrow the regime. Come on, isn´t it obvious this is just a tactic they use as an excuse to invade, where the CIA are paying off thousands of "rebels" to start an uprising, getting killed and there you go...


Had they switched the tactic somewhat more, it would be more believable... Still couldn´t fool me though.



Spot on.
It amazes me how many are still falling for the lies that were also used on Libya.
The Libyan people tried to warn us but we listened to the propaganda that was fed through NATO and western media.
We then went on and helped these Rebels murder the Libyan people and overthrow their regime.

We can`t let the same happen to the people of Syria.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56
 





We can`t let the same happen to the people of Syria.


The failure here is that some really believe they're going to watch the following wars on their TVs without realizing, that the missiles are pointing at the neighborhoods. It's going to be a bad awakening



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Wow sad to see someone that is actually so utterly deceived by the western plot... Actually it´s hard to even believe


Are you completely lacking the ability of critical thinking perhaps? You have to ask yourself why "hundreds of civilians" always start dying in these countries so suddenly, always killed by "their evil dictator" and always as a precursor to a western urge to invade/overthrow the regime. Come on, isn´t it obvious this is just a tactic they use as an excuse to invade, where the CIA are paying off thousands of "rebels" to start an uprising, getting killed and there you go...


Had they switched the tactic somewhat more, it would be more believable... Still couldn´t fool me though.



Some people see the truth but wont accept it no matter what



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Wow sad to see someone that is actually so utterly deceived by the western plot... Actually it´s hard to even believe


Are you completely lacking the ability of critical thinking perhaps? You have to ask yourself why "hundreds of civilians" always start dying in these countries so suddenly, always killed by "their evil dictator" and always as a precursor to a western urge to invade/overthrow the regime. Come on, isn´t it obvious this is just a tactic they use as an excuse to invade, where the CIA are paying off thousands of "rebels" to start an uprising, getting killed and there you go...


Had they switched the tactic somewhat more, it would be more believable... Still couldn´t fool me though.


Sure would fool the people in the CIA though. They think its just an uprising and have no idea they are responisble for it all. Heck they were really freaked out over Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and Bahrian because they must have also accidently started uprisings there as well forgetting they were US allies and all. I wonder how civil wars and revolutions ever managed to happened before the CIA?



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad
 


Nice try, but no cigar. Failing to supply any links in support of your argument, you would at least need to have a plea to logic mixed in to make it somewhat plausible. All i see is a regurgitation of the common MSM propaganda they want you to believe.

And as usual, if that was good enough for us, we would not be here.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join