It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SNOW thread. Is it snowing where you are?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Nothing left but brown slush and freezing fog where I am, I wish I could go on holiday somewhere hot or hibernate till spring
edit on 6-2-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here in York we still have all the snow and we now have the fog to go with it.

I frickin' love winter!

I've just been outside for a crafty smoke and to initiate a snow dance - i did it a few years ago and it started snowing within 5 minutes! (totally true coincidence - for 5 minutes or so i was feeling all god like!)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I still haven't got any snow. Thanks for the pics folk, isn't it lovely. BESTINTENTIONS your snowman looks alive, lol. My favourite snow has to be when it first falls. It's not so nice next day, or even week old snow but there's something magic about fresh snow laying on the ground.

Snow is the only thing I ever asked God for when I was little. I'd sit at the window and pray -

God, please, please, please make it snow and I'll never ever, ever be bad, ever again. Just make it snow, pleeee...ase, AMEN. Then cross myself like a Catholic, (probably back to front), trying to be as righteous as possible.

We never got much snow where I grew up, probably 'cos I'm near the beach. Funny thing is, every winter I see cars covered in it because it snowed heavily just 10 miles up the road. Not fair.
Though I do remember last year's snow was GREAT!

edit on 6-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I also think the first snow is magic ! I feel for you not having any yet. so i’d like to share with you my 'first snow' experiences last year. i was visiting switzerland and hadn’t seen snow for 13 years. it was only november, very early for snow. it did that for my special benefit of course.

here the snow just started and i was sure it would not last because it had been raining.

but early next morning it looked like this. i spent hours taking pictures and enjoying myself.

then my niece got up and i was supposed to take her to kindy. she was also totally amazed and wouldn’t stop eating and licking the snow. did not get away from that spot also for an hour (I’m not kidding) of course she was testing my patience big time. but little did she know that i also had all the time and joy in the world and loads of understanding. (that snowman is hers really)

I ran into more good luck with 'first snow' 2 months later in korea. the snow came that thick for a while and the kids were screaming with excitement.

and another 'first time snow' the very last evening i had in korea. it started late at night and lasted until early morning when i had to leave. this is outside from my favourite hotel window.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join