It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the upcoming conflict in the Middle east co-incide with the Mayan calender prophecy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe you've already asked yourself the same question but ti seems to me that if Israel indeed goes into Iran and bombs their nuclear facitities that a chain reaction of events could take place that would be all the major players into the game. At this point the US says they have no control over what Israel does and that seems to be the case. But then you have this underlying support from Russia and China who are desperately trying to protect the supply of oil from ceasing to flow from that area. So if you mix the question of religiion with the supply of oil you have a volitale situation that must be monitired closely. Oh yea and by the was this is the year that the Mayan calender ends, any conincedence.

What are your thoughts on the problems and what do you think the outcome will be?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

This might be better placed in modern politics or the WWIII forum

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would say it has more to do with the Bayside prophecies. Thats only my opinion, but with all of the crap going on in the middle east, it looks like they are getting closer to being fulfilled.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A lot of people say that Israel say been threatening to attack Iran for years now, so why now? Obviously, they don't have nuclear bombs, or else they would have been attacked already(a full scale assault)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

will you refresh my memory... just what parts of the Maya calendar prophecy speaks of a middle east war? particularly Persia (modern Iran) or with a Israel as a participant... i am befuddled

are you thinking of Casey or Nostradamus or the seer of Prague or Helena Blavatski

the Maya prophecy for the 13th bakun end has something to do with the return of a Quazaquattal or feathered serpent personality & the corn & squash produce being hard to get

If You mean, can the war & the Maya end date occur together.. i say why not, neither has any relevence to the other

but i think there will be no direct war with Iran, there well may be conflicts with Iran's proxy organizations...the most powerful thing with Iran will be a union between iran/iraq/turkey to set up a united front against the western hegemony & the petro-dollar supremacy---

all three of that semi-'caliphate' union will really have a hard on against the Saudi monarchy with Israel a close second place.
edit on 4-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

==============

here is a related article... it might be of interest, because the 'war party' machinations are delved into:
original.antiwar.com...
edit on 4-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Mayan Calendar is just a calendar which for some unknown reason ends at the 13th Baktun/ Start of the 14th Baktun. it doesn't have any prophecy on anything, not even the end of the world.

It is the assumption that since the calendar ends, so the world should end.

The calendar doesn't have anything mentioning Middle east. A Calendar is only about dates.

it is just that the Popul Vuh states that the world has been created and destroyed three times and the last creation ended at the end of a 13th Baktun /start of the 14th baktun. if we assume all durations in an calendar to be same for all years,

1 Baktun = 1.0.0.0.0 (in mesoamerican long count) = 144,000 days = 394.3 modern years
Therefore, the duration between the 3 earlier creation and destruction of the world = 3 x 394.3 modern years = 1182.9 Modern years.

WTF??

we know that our world is older than that.

Now, how can you disprove that? that would mean that the Mesoamerican long count is wrong. which means the 2012 end of the world prophecy is wrong.

Take your pick.

edit on 4/2/12 by coredrill because: added some more stuff

edit on 4/2/12 by coredrill because: correcting typos

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is something I have thought about and the more we move closer to the calendar end date, it does seem that there maybe something to it. Interesting to note is that not long ago Obama also warned that the USA could be struck by a nuke by around 2013.

Add other issues like Betegleuse going supernova at any time, solar activity as well and you find that a lot of information does seem to revolve around this part of time. Should we be worried though? No, what happens happens.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

If a calendar is only about dates, then why did people worry about it in the first place? A lot of mayan prophecy will never be known because most of it was destroyed.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You're a little off there. While one baktun is 394.3 years, we need to be looking at how long 13 baktuns are. This comes out to around 5,000 years. So when the math is done we get a total of around 20,000 years. Once again though we still get a time that is significantly less than even the amount of time that humans have spent on Earth. We also know that there is no 5,000 year periodicity to mass extinctions so that also debunks the claims made by the Popol Vuh. I also don't believe it makes explicit reference to 13.0.0.0.0. At that point in time the Long Count would have been out of use.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

If that happens it would be the end of religion as we know it. A nuclear conflict due to religious hatred would require governments around the world to re-evaluate their religions within their borders. An end of an age of religous freedoms.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

If you would like to see the thought processes that went into all these claims regarding the Maya check the first link in my signature. Doomsday prophecies have been associated with the Maya all the way back to Columbus. The modern claims of doomsday originally stem from the last page of the Dresden Codex but there is no date associated with this image so it is impossible to get any kind of context. As for the claims regarding ascension, they have no basis in reality whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There has to be something to it. Is it 31st Aug, 3114 that the calendar begun roughly? Over in Egypt nine years earlier was apparently the beginning of time as well.

Did humans invent time around that period or did those civilisationr literally have to start over again due to a catastrophe or something? Does anything biblical even coincide with that era?

It is an intriging part of history whether the calenders are significant or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well if you want to get technical the Long Count places the start of time several trillion years ago. At least that's the case if you go by what Coba Stela 1 says, which some researchers have dubbed the Grand Long Count. Of course the existence of Coba Stela 1 (from the Classic period) would seemingly contradict the claims made regarding the Popol Vuh(a post-Columbian manuscript).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That is interesting and I will have a look, but when it comes to modern times it does seem something significant may of played out roughly 5000 years ago. It could simply be we discoved time, or somethimg may of caused the people of the time to restart time. I am intriged with the pyramids and am saving to get over and have a look for myself.

It is very hard to understand the past with minimal evidence and theories which tend to change and just add more confusion most of the time. What is the deal though? did we simply evolve, is it just part of a master plangg did they experience something or gain knowledge from somewhere else? Why build the pyramids in both cultures alog with the rest of the structures? They had to know something. It really just makes my jaw drop compared to what we do today.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If enough people believe something it begins to shape reality. I personally don't think they are related though

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

There has to be something to it. Is it 31st Aug, 3114 that the calendar begun roughly? Over in Egypt nine years earlier was apparently the beginning of time as well.

well no, the Chinese year is 4709, Hebrew 5772, etc. No one agrees when the Egyptian calendar began

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

there is no such thing as a 14 baktun from what I know. The calendar goes back to Zero, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It depends on what sources you use. If you are using the Popol Vuh there are those that claim it the calendar resets at the start of the 14th baktun. However, if you use Classic period sources then there is no indication that it resets. Coba Stela 1 goes trillions of years in the past. Certain inscriptions at Palenque refer to dates thousands of years in the future and Quirigua Stela D refers to a date millions of years in the future. And this is just looking at sources that use piktuns and higher order units. The truth is there are no Classical period examples of the Long Count that end after the 13th baktun.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That is because each city state did their own thing, in religion and calendars. Same general principle but they followed the whim and fads of their rulers and priests

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

There is no reference to the Mayan calender I was only speculating that any conflict may be tied to. Yes there is no event on the calender but prophets have said the Jerusalem would be involved in the last great battle on earth, thus the reference to Israel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join