It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibet on Fire...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Jay-morris

You are talking about something that happend in 1850! A
complete differnt china to the china today. Yes, of course
it could happen again, but then with that logic, another american
civil war, that just so happend in 1851.

Yes, a completely different China. All the trade went through powerful cities on the coast, while the interior was impoverished and agrarian. Beijing was supposedly the center of the government, but the provinces were ruled by corrupt officials. Completely different.

Again! What government is not currupt? Even in England a little
while back, mp,s were sacked and even sent to prison for stealing
money. Its everywhere im afraid. And then governments are corrupt
in other ways starting pointless wars, killing thousands. Deal with it, the
world is pretty much run by people who crave power, money, and control.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Then what makes Tibet any different? Why do you keep justifying China's illegal invasion by claiming Tibet wasn't perfect? Your hypocrisy is unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Then what makes Tibet any different? Why do you keep justifying China's illegal invasion by claiming Tibet wasn't perfect? Your hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Sigh

Im out of this thread, and i will not come back to it until someone comes on it and actually answers my questions and does not ignore.all my points.

I have stated on this thread why the tibet invasion was different to iraq. You ignore it, then ask me about it again! I cant debate with people like you because you just dont have a clue. You ignore the facts that ruin your " free tibet" fantasy that i have posted, its just pointless, it really is.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I have stated on this thread why the tibet invasion was different to iraq. You ignore it, then ask me about it again! I cant debate with people like you because you just dont have a clue. You ignore the facts that ruin your " free tibet" fantasy that i have posted, its just pointless, it really is.

And you keep ignoring the facts about China's treatment of Tibet:

By 1957, Kham was in chaos. People's Liberation Army reprisals against Khampa resistance fighters such as the Chushi Gangdruk became increasingly brutal. Reportedly, they included beatings, starving prisoners, and the rape of prisoners' wives in front of them until they confessed. Monks and nuns were forced to have sex with each other and forcibly renounce their celibacy vows. After torture, these men and women were often killed.[7] By the late 1950s Tibetan rebels numbered in the tens of thousands.[8] Kham's monastic networks came to be used by guerilla forces to relay messages and hide rebels.[9] Punitive strikes were carried out by the Chinese government against Tibetan villages and monasteries. Tibetan exiles assert that threats to bomb the Potala Palace and the Dalai Lama were made by Chinese military commanders in an attempt to intimidate the guerrilla forces into submission.[10]...

Lhasa's three major monasteries- Sera, Ganden, and Drepung- were seriously damaged by shelling, with Sera and Drepung being damaged nearly beyond repair. According to the TGIE, Members of the Dalai Lama's bodyguard remaining in Lhasa were disarmed and publicly executed, along with Tibetans found to be harbouring weapons in their homes. Thousands of Tibetan monks were executed or arrested, and monasteries and temples around the city were looted or destroyed.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

The principle difference between the invasion of Tibet and the invasion of Iraq is that one was Chinese imperialism and the other American imperialism.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Did i ever say that china has been perfect? You seriously have
not been reading what i have written. If you did, then you would
know i have not ignored anything!

Even though the uprising was a master plan of the tibet of old,
Who should rightly be dead for what they done to the tibetan
people, i dont believe china went the right way about it.

Then again, china is not the only country to do this, england,
japan, germany, russia, america etc have done some truely
terrible things, and some still do.

Something you seem to ignore is the fact that these same people
who started the uprising, are the same people who treated their
own people like dirt! And like i said before, and another thing you
ignored, these same people, who the american government were
training, were the reason why tibet was not free. But you think the
same people should have been aloud back into tibet?

Like i said before, there is no point talking to you when you
cant even see the delia lama for what he really is! Even though
i showed you evidence (ignored)

If you feel so strongly about this, why not feel just as strongly
for the american indians that were brutally murdered for their
land. Why not shout "free america!" Thats right, because its not cool.

And you call me a hypocrite! Lol

Im done!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You still haven't explained why it's okay for China to occupy Tibet, but it was bad for America to occupy Iraq. At least America is withdrawing its troops and allowing the Iraqi people to settle things on their own. (The country will probably fall apart, leaving a Shi'ite theocracy, an Arabist Mesopotamia and a Kurdish Republic, but at least that will be their own call.)

Incidentally, I am sympathetic to the plight of Native Americans, but at least it was a fair fight most of the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You still haven't explained why it's okay for China to occupy Tibet, but it was bad for America to occupy Iraq. At least America is withdrawing its troops and allowing the Iraqi people to settle things on their own. (The country will probably fall apart, leaving a Shi'ite theocracy, an Arabist Mesopotamia and a Kurdish Republic, but at least that will be their own call.)

Incidentally, I am sympathetic to the plight of Native Americans, but at least it was a fair fight most of the time.

Read my posts! I have expkain shy, more than once to you because you
have asked me that question about three times! Im not gonna answer
it again, just for you to ask me again!

As for the american indians. With your stance on tibet, then
the same should be with the american indians. Saying it was a
far fight is a very week answer. Why are you not saying the same
thing about the american indians and their land? They were invaded,
murdered, and their lands taken. Is that the say you feel about tibet?

Are you American by any chance? Lol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Read my posts! I have expkain shy, more than once to you because you
have asked me that question about three times! Im not gonna answer
it again, just for you to ask me again!

I have read all your posts. You keep saying that you don't approve of the Iraq war, but you have never explained why; if you had, I wouldn't ask. In any event, I thought you said you were "out of here." I can understand why Tibetans are impassioned on this subject. Why are you?

As for the american indians. With your stance on tibet, then
the same should be with the american indians. Saying it was a
far fight is a very week answer. Why are you not saying the same
thing about the american indians and their land? They were invaded,
murdered, and their lands taken. Is that the say you feel about tibet?

My ancestors sold guns to the Indians. And rum. (They had been doing this since the time of James II.)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I have read all your posts. You keep saying that you don't approve of the Iraq war, but you have never explained why; if you had, I wouldn't ask. In any event, I thought you said you were "out of here." I can understand why Tibetans are impassioned on this subject. Why are you? 

No, you have asked me the difference between the iraq invasion and the tibet invasion. To my knowledge, you have not asked me why i think the iraq war was wrong. Okay, i will tell you why i believe it was wrong. The invasion was started because of lies about WMD's. I believe it is all about oil. Oil companies were being contacted even before the war began. Its not just about Iraq, its about the middle east. Iraq, libya and next iran. Its all about oil, not helping the people. If it was to help the people, then why not go into countries. like north korea? But its not just america who is guilty of these crimes, its my own country too.

These middle east countries are not even half as bad as tibet was. North korea is a terrible place where alot of the people are brainwashed and in a terible condition. If a country invaded them and took away their government, i would be happy, even if their 1st intention was something else, and not the people. And thats why i said i dont care if china had other intentions. Tibet is 100 times better than it was under lama rule. The delia lama and the government in exile who had anything to do with tibet before.chinese rule should be ashamed of themselves. But people look at them.as if they have done nothing wrong! And i find that disgusting! And just like the thread i posfed in where someone said they have never seen evidence that tibet was like that, only chinese propaganda, only goes to prove my point that so many people.aee clueless about real tibet history, and only know the western fairytale version.

My ancestors sold guns to the Indians. And rum. (They had been doing this since the time of James II.)

Oh well, that makes it all better than doesn't it! Sigh

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

No, you have asked me the difference between the iraq invasion and the tibet invasion. To my knowledge, you have not asked me why i think the iraq war was wrong. Okay, i will tell you why i believe it was wrong. The invasion was started because of lies about WMD's.

Whereas China just marched into Tibet because they felt like it. Can't you see the moral equivalency here?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No, you have asked me the difference between the iraq invasion and the tibet invasion. To my knowledge, you have not asked me why i think the iraq war was wrong. Okay, i will tell you why i believe it was wrong. The invasion was started because of lies about WMD's.

Whereas China just marched into Tibet because they felt like it. Can't you see the moral equivalency here?

My God! Read what i said! I said i dont care if they had another reason. Most
of the tibetan people hate no life under that disgusting dictatorship.The same
reason why i would love the sme thing to happen to north korea.

You might like to think that tibet was free back then, but the only ones free, were
the as#holes living the paradis. The western propaganda have done a good job
convincing people that tibet was a great place before chinese rule. Yeah, a geat place
for about 10% of the population!

I will ask you again! Why are you not wanting the american indians
to take their rightful land back that was stolen from them?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Where did I say that I didn't? You have spent days arguing with your own imagination.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Where did I say that I didn't? You have spent days arguing with your own imagination.

So, as well as your "free tibet" you also have "free america"? You

If not, then you are a hypocrite! Oh, and the reason i always come
back to this thread, is because the more you post, the more my point
is proved. You have ignored most of my replies( because you cant answer
them) and just ask more question. I answer, you ignore, then ask more
questions. I dont care what you say, because people who read this will
know exactly what im talking about when it comes go your ignorance.

Job done! And this time i am leaving the thread!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

So, as well as your "free tibet" you also have "free america"? You

If not, then you are a hypocrite! Oh, and the reason i always come
back to this thread, is because the more you post, the more my point
is proved. You have ignored most of my replies( because you cant answer
them) and just ask more question. I answer, you ignore, then ask more
questions. I dont care what you say, because people who read this will
know exactly what im talking about when it comes go your ignorance.

You have demonstrated zero knowledge of Tibet, its culture and history beyond sources that can ultimately be traced back to allegations made by the Chinese after the invasion. You also seem to be rather vague on Chinese history as well. I set forth an argument that explained why it would be beneficial for China to begin negotiating with the Tibetan government in exile now. Apparently, you did not understand it.

To return to the actual topic of this thread:

The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, says he is very worried about the growing number of monks and nuns setting themselves on fire to protest against Chinese rule in Tibet.

He told the BBC he was not encouraging such actions - saying there was no doubt they required courage, but questioning how effective they were.

There have been 11 cases of self-immolation so far this year.

Most have resulted in death - the latest a 35-year-old nun two weeks ago.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join