It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibet on Fire...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
The chinese gov't is responsible for cultural genocide as well as killing people for protesting in Tibet. Hmm...I wonder why the US gov't isn't "helping" the people in Tibet from their oppressors?
Oh right, both China and Britain have their eye on gold and other metals. The US won't go against their allies or a country that has them by the round things economically.

Let me paint an even more colorful picture for you...

The whole Western, industrialized world changed their policy towards China in the 1980's, when they realized that the huge, Chinese market was potentially available to them if they 'befriended' the communist dictatorship. Since, the US and other economic powers have invested heavily in China, while outsourcing much of its industrial manufacturing to them. We threw out democratic ethics out of the window (the same ethics that stood up against the Nazis, the Fascists and the Soviets) in order to make a quick buck on a very cheap market. The general idea of global capitalism was that if China reaps the benefits of capitalism, they will come around and become like us. That was however only wishful thinking. Instead, China went from communist dictatorship to capitalist dictatorship, and with sound, economic planning and a steady, yearly 10% economic growth now owns much of the world. It's like watching Lord Sauron's forces grow stronger and stronger, while we quietly sip tea in the Shire, hoping for Gandalf to come and save our Hobbit asses. Capitalist dictatorships actually beat capitalist democracies in their own game, since human rights do not need to be respected, workers can be paid close to nothing since no unions are allowed, environmental impacts can be ignored, the costly infra-structure of democracy can be rationalized away... which is why people who love money more than freedom love China.
So, while the cost of producing your brand new pair of Nikes is kept below $3.50, it will sell in stores around $100. Most of the profit will land in the pockets of the One Percenters, while China is encouraged to continue the occupation and cultural genocide of the independent nation of Tibet, while we close our eyes and wish it wasn't so.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Welcome to irredentist China... our potential new overlords.

Like what you're seeing yet?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Yeah your right, and come to think of it why would India care, they are probably doing the same in kashmir.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
tibet is independent and free!

thank you!

thank you!

thank you!

no middle road, true independence!

thank you

china is using subtle and not so subtle techniques to destroy tibet culture/nature...they use undercover agents as monks, they use state media propaganda, some people in china are buying into it...

let truth be known.

humans deserve to be free!

thank you

just let people be free, please......please

just let them be free and happy

we are watching

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As a matter of fact, there is something we can all do about the situation:

BOYCOTT CHINESE GOODS!!!
edit on 5-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Originally posted by superman2012
The chinese gov't is responsible for cultural genocide as well as killing people for protesting in Tibet. Hmm...I wonder why the US gov't isn't "helping" the people in Tibet from their oppressors?
Oh right, both China and Britain have their eye on gold and other metals. The US won't go against their allies or a country that has them by the round things economically.

Let me paint an even more colorful picture for you...

The whole Western, industrialized world changed their policy towards China in the 1980's, when they realized that the huge, Chinese market was potentially available to them if they 'befriended' the communist dictatorship. Since, the US and other economic powers have invested heavily in China, while outsourcing much of its industrial manufacturing to them. We threw out democratic ethics out of the window (the same ethics that stood up against the Nazis, the Fascists and the Soviets) in order to make a quick buck on a very cheap market. The general idea of global capitalism was that if China reaps the benefits of capitalism, they will come around and become like us. That was however only wishful thinking. Instead, China went from communist dictatorship to capitalist dictatorship, and with sound, economic planning and a steady, yearly 10% economic growth now owns much of the world. It's like watching Lord Sauron's forces grow stronger and stronger, while we quietly sip tea in the Shire, hoping for Gandalf to come and save our Hobbit asses. Capitalist dictatorships actually beat capitalist democracies in their own game, since human rights do not need to be respected, workers can be paid close to nothing since no unions are allowed, environmental impacts can be ignored, the costly infra-structure of democracy can be rationalized away... which is why people who love money more than freedom love China.
So, while the cost of producing your brand new pair of Nikes is kept below $3.50, it will sell in stores around $100. Most of the profit will land in the pockets of the One Percenters, while China is encouraged to continue the occupation and cultural genocide of the independent nation of Tibet, while we close our eyes and wish it wasn't so.

wow,

well said

i pray Humans wake up and take action

i do what i can...

thank you

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Preaching to the choir, my friend. Can't remember the last time I bought something made in the PRC.

But it's getting tougher all the time.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The world accepted the occupation of Tibet very early. Even in the OP's quoted article they write

a Tibetan area in southwestern China

So it's just an area in southwestern China!

Boycotting Chinese products seems impossible here in Germany. Every second product has the "Made in China" on it, it seems. They even discuss, if the "Made in Germany" is reliable anymore, since nearly everything is produced in a different country. Put it in a package in Germany and it is "Made in Germany".

On the other hand the companies can keep their workers silent by threatening to go to China or whereever, if they ask to earn enough to make a living.

Paradoxically my daughter's school collects money for a Tibetian school. One should think, this is the task of the Chinese gouvernment, if Tibet is just an area in southerwestern China.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thank you for posting this info. The chinese government's totalitarian rule and genocidal actions speak volumes about their true souless face. In response, we americans need to boycott all chinese products. It's at least something within our abilitiy to do and if enough do it, it will make a difference. We also need to pressure our elected officials to take a stance against these atrocites. Do something rather than nothing. We are all planetary citizens and human beings deserving of love and care.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silencee

Firstly, Heinrich Harrer was never a full member of the Nazi Party, and I've seen nothing to indicate he was involved in Nazi atrocities. He was ultimately cleared of war crime charges, and only wore his uniform once. This would be like saying, "well, the Pope was a Nazi Youth, so that must mean he still a Nazi." Most Germans were Nazis in those days, and most regret and are ashamed what their government and military did.

As for the rest, you may have an argument. You may, if it wasn't for the fact that, other than some photo ops and donations, there's no clear indication that they had anything more than a passing association with the Dali Lama. Akin to Ron Paul having a picture taking with a white supremacist, or if you took a picture with somebody who later became a serial killer. Does that make you guilty of his crimes? Of course not.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

The world accepted the occupation of Tibet very early. Even in the OP's quoted article they write

Not exactly. Some countries wouldn't even acknowledge that the People's Republic of China even exists. China was represented in the UN by Tiawan until 1971. The Tibetan people occupy a large region of southwestern China outside of Tibet proper. It is this Tibetan population that has caused the most trouble for the Chinese government. Historically, Tibet has never been a part of China, although both were once provinces of the Mongol Empire. The Chinese fear the Tibetans because earlier in their history, the Tibetans would respond to the Chinese attempts at invasion by counter-attacking and destroying Chinese cities. Seeing a Tibetan in a leather jacket on a motorcycle conjures up the same unconscious dread in the Chinese mind as a biker with long blond hair and a horned helmet does to the European. Barbarian hordes, oh my!
edit on 5-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by seagull

How soon we have forgotten 9/11, Oklahoma City and Waco...worry about your own backyard first.

Yeah, still have to go after those insiders that staged those.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I chill...as I watch the pics of the Chinese CCP gov's atrocities & genocide in Tibet.

The greedy and corrupted CCP gov day will come....soon.....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I pray they find good karma and pease in there next life.
I dont understand why China hits them so hard.
they should make them happy to be par of china.
I hope Tibet gets its freedom.
and with no more death.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"Tibet on fire"? More like "Tibetans on fire"... but this is damn sad.

If only they'd break away from this alienating doctrine of self-sacrifice and pacifism, they could actually manage to HURT Chinese interests in the province, rather than hurting their own lives.

Oh and who the hell cares... if they wanna destroy themselves, that's their choice, but who's gonna weep for them?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I pray they find good karma and pease in there next life.
I dont understand why China hits them so hard.
they should make them happy to be par of china.
I hope Tibet gets its freedom.
and with no more death.

Paradoxically, it's exactly the mentality that always brings MORE deaths.

Just like in OP's example. And like during the massacre of buddhist monks in Burma, not long ago. Thousands sent themselves to be shot by government troops, thinking the karma would give them a special favor for their self-sacrifice... Results?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh I am just so sorry, I just cant stand it! I wish China would just have a nuclear meltdown and be forced to deal with their own selves and leave Tibet alone!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Starred and Flagged for keeping this issue alive.

I did a piece on this a while back here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

called "Must see video on Tibet. Warning graphic" It is a must see video to get a full comprehension of how brutal the Chinese have been towards the Tibetan People.

China is systematically committing genocide on the Tibetan People.

Below is a interesting video that took ten years in the making, a really very interesting video. Long so get out that thumb drive, copy it and watch it in bits and pieces.

Google Video Link

this is a conspiracy to do away with an indigenous culture that could harbor many of our ancient truths.

Tibet - Cry of the Snow Lion
this was posted on 12/20/2009..................been going on almost forever.

Sad.

I met some Tibetan monks and they were really very spiritually enlightened. I cannot put into words the three hours I spent with them. Only one spoke broken English and I could not speak Tibetan and yet I felt something very special about them akin to holy.

Two books I highly recommend that give one hope and lighten your soul are (and these are really good books!)

"How To Practice The Way To A meaningful Life" by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and "The Heart of The Buddha's Teaching Transforming Suffering Into Peace, Joy and Liberation" by Thich Nhat Hanh

For a really calming & soothing video see the Great Bell Chant here: vimeo.com...

Many Buddhists have experienced persecution from non-Buddhists and other Buddhists during the history of Buddhism. Persecution may refer to unwarranted arrest, imprisonment, beating, torture, or execution. It also may refer to the confiscation or destruction of property, or the incitement of hatred toward Buddhists.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

This is just the tip of the iceberg - the Chinese Goverrnment has been hell bent on stomping out the Tibetans for ages. They are systematically killing them off or making their life so horrible that they lose the will to go on within this dimension.

edit on 5-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Even if the food is made in your country. I'm sure some of the ingredients would be imported anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
China has now shut down all Internet capabilities in a large part of Tibet where this has been happening. I fear this can only be a precursor to a devastating force soon to be unleashed by China. Horrible!!!

m.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 5-2-2012 by yamammasamonkey because: Add link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join