It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Does anybody recognize this jersey, or person for that matter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Shame, it sounds like she's living out a fantasy. If you're enjoying the chat then keep doing so, but don't part with any money. Try and get her to come clean, there might be tons of reasons she's pretending to be somebody else. Maybe she's genuinely unhappy and talking to you is cheering her up? Maybe it started off with her protecting herself form any nutters online and she got carried away.

It's very easy to fool folk online. Heck, my wow friends guessed I was a petite blonde in my 20s so I leave them to it. I haven't mentioned I'm 11.5 stone and a brown haired grandma. Why should I? It's lying by ommission, not like I told them that. It makes for a pleasant time in dungeons, for some reason they're all very protective of me.

See, but I've confronted her, and asked her directly, and she still says she is who she says she is. I just want her to come clean. I'd probably still enjoy talking to her if she did. I'm not really a vain person.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That Jersey belongs to outside linebacker for the Carolina Panthers Jordan Senn. Interesting Jersey to have in New Zealand. I can see Cowboys, Steelers, Yankees, etc... but Carolina? Anyways, here's the cold hard truth brother... you are getting played with. You are being set up in a major way. Has "she" asked you for any money yet? If not "she" will.. it will go something like this "I'm in trouble and I need $1500(or whatever)" because you are emotionally involved and have hope that she will be yours, you will feel compelled to wire her the money. The truth is that this chick is really some Russian dude that goes around the internet chat rooms meeting lonely and desperate guys like you. How do you fix it? get laid. That's it man. Go out and get some, and it doesn't really matter what she looks like. That should clear your mind. Think about it... would a chick that hot really need to meet dudes on the internet? no way. Don't fall for it man.

By the way... that picture is on damn near every on-line dating/chat/websex site you can find. It's a very common picture. I have no idea who that girl actually is, but the fact that the person that you are talking to is using it tells me that they are lying to you and have malicious intentions. My advice... CEASE ALL COMMUNICATIONS IMMEDIATELY. No more at all... EVER.
edit on 4-2-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let me tell you a quick story.

On May 30, 2011 my world as I knew it came crashing down. I received a message from a woman in another part of town, detailing the game my husband had been playing behind my back. I was at home, taking care of our son and being the best wife I could be..and he was treating a woman to nights at the Hilton and had a very elaborate game going.
As it turned out, he had made up an entire persona to this woman. From changing his name to his country of origin to renting a nicer car to telling her he was unmarried with children to what he did for a living. She swallowed it hook, line and sinker. As it turned out, the Hilton would be his downfall. They slipped the bill under the door one of those mornings and she intercepted it and realized she had been played like a fiddle. She spent the next few days trying to find out on background searches who this guy really was. She found my name on a marriage record and contacted me.
Despite all that, she was still trying to hang on to what she thought was some kind of truth and continued to try and contact him for months after. Amazing how the truth was right in her face but she still held on.

My point is, it is SO easy to get caught up in the lives of people you meet online. I truly feel for you. But IMHO, I really feel this girl is definitely NOT what she says she is, as you have discovered with this photos. It may be just a game that went too far. It may be a woman who looks nothing like the photos she used and is now afraid you will have nothing to do with her if you find out what she really is.
Just tell her straight up you know the pics are not her and you need truth or you will walk. Tell her that obviously you have a "connection" but you need the absolute truth. If she does not reply, you have your answer. If she comes clean...well, it will be up to you to decide what you want to put into it. But don't spend one more dime.
I hope you get things straight. It is draining to deal with such deceit. Especially when your heart is involved.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Originally posted by olliemc84
She is a site model. They take pics of themselves in mirrors and put them in a databank so social networking websites can take them, manipulate them, put in graphics and voila! Anyone can use those pictures and do whatever they want with them.

Can I ask you a question? Why would this obviously hot chick want anything to do with you when you live thousands of miles away? You mean to tell me that there aren't good men that live in New Zealand that could easily sweep this girl off her feet.

Something is fishy. And if you continue to have contact with this person she will ultimately bleed you dry. Don't fall for it.

9 Tips for Identifying Fake Facebook Profiles

Reminds me of the story I saw on Dateline one night. An elderly woman poses as a young hot blonde, starts talking to middle aged man who falls in love. But also has a teenager fall in love as well. Well soon the fake love triangle turned deadly because the jealous middle aged man gunned down the kid in a Walmart parking lot.

So are you saying there's no way I can find out who's in these pictures? And I know you're right, I sorta ha a feeling right from the beginning, but I just talked so well with her. And I even asked her, why pick me? And she gave me reasons. I just want to know who it is. I want to find out this mystery...

Brian Barrett killing

The above is a source for the story I referred to in my last post.

And I have had similar occurrences on Facebook where a girl that I have never met before friend requests me and the only similar things about us is the same high school. But the girl was then living in Miami. I knew everyone I went to school with and I definitely didn't know her.

She picked you because all the other guys she attempted to do this with either a) didn't fall for it or b) were bleed dry and were of no service to her anymore.

Think of it as an online hooker. If she can snare you in her trap and have you eventually buy her things, she wins. Plain and simple.

I highly doubt she will ever fly to Illinois from NZ to be with you. And if she does then more power to you because she is bangin' lol.

Maybe you should flip the game on her. Now it is your turn to lead her on or provoke her to reveal herself.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Thank you, that's one of the best answers so far.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

The simple fact that you are questioning this, should be more than enough of a reason to end it.

Don't even bother with it anymore.

End it yesterday.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
she's a mental case. it would have never gone past the internet stage. unless she admits the trick and sets the trap after you're completely hooked.

either case you would have been in a mindf-ck of epic proportions.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And that is not a Carolina Panthers jersey. For one, Nike is not licensed to make NFL jerseys since NFL has been under contract with Reebok for quite a long time.

Nike will start supplying the NFL with jerseys next year, but they definitely not look like that.

My guess is the jersey is either fake, a college teams jersey, or her boyfriends high school jersey.

Again, more fakeness and lies.

This chick should be avoided at all cost.

Because the chick on the other end of the line looks NOTHING like "racer_chick_100".

edit on 4-2-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You have probably been caught in a modern version of the famous Nigeria Emails (the advance fee or 419 scams).

Or just some chick who finds it funny to toy with people's emotions. Can you see her in your minds eye? Sharing your messages with her friends?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

I'm 17 though, and she knows I'm 17. She also knows that I don't have any money to give. I live in a duplex, me on one side, the family on the other. I told her and she still said she was going to stay. I don't see the point! there's nothing to gain unless she actually does like me. She gave me a hard date of March 17th. Why would somebody do this?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And that is not a Carolina Panthers jersey. For one, Nike is not licensed to make NFL jerseys since NFL has been under contract with Reebok for quite a long time.

Nike will start supplying the NFL with jerseys next year, but they definitely not look like that.

My guess is the jersey is either fake, a college teams jersey, or her boyfriends high school jersey.

Because the chick on the other end of the line looks NOTHING like "racer_chick_100".

Here's her facebook: www.facebook.com... , and racer chick is just another user who compiles site model pictures and puts them on photobucket. I didn't meet Megan on photbucket, it's just where I found some of her pictures.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by olliemc84

I'm 17 though, and she knows I'm 17. She also knows that I don't have any money to give. I live in a duplex, me on one side, the family on the other. I told her and she still said she was going to stay. I don't see the point! there's nothing to gain unless she actually does like me. She gave me a hard date of March 17th. Why would somebody do this?

There ya have it...you are 17...not even a legal adult...and she wants only you.

As to the March 17th date. What ya wanna bet she hits you up for *emergency* money before then.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It is a Carolina Panthers jersey... a VERY bad fake one. I have seen these in the street markets of Thailand and Pusan, South Korea. They are very common overseas.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

But I know her pictures aren't really her though, in one she's wearing a letterman jacket that says Karly on it and in another there's a wall in the background with the name Karly lol. So why would she want me, but not show what she really looks like, if when she gets here she's gonna look different? I just don't understand.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

It is a Carolina Panthers jersey... a VERY bad fake one. I have seen these in the street markets of Thailand and Pusan, South Korea. They are very common overseas.

So could she really be from New Zealand and just lied about her name in order to stop internet creeps?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

But I know her pictures aren't really her though, in one she's wearing a letterman jacket that says Karly on it and in another there's a wall in the background with the name Karly lol. So why would she want me, but not show what she really looks like, if when she gets here she's gonna look different? I just don't understand.

You are really obsessing over a fake person. You keep trying to push a square peg into a round hole, so it will make sense to you. You can't do it...because...it doesn't make sense....lies never do....
edit on 4-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Listen man, the girl has two photos uploaded on facebook. None showing her with family, friends, co-workers, nothing. Just a pic of her and another hot blonde showing their backsides on the beach and another glory shot of her laying down done artistically. The photos she has shared with you are obviously of a real girl, just not her. The person you could be talking to could be 40 years old with a very young sounding voice.

This REEKS of a scam. Or maybe one of your friends playing a very very dirty trick on you. Either way, you are destined to be hurt and have your heart broken. Just face facts. This whole thing is a sham.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Listen man, the girl has two photos uploaded on facebook. None showing her with family, friends, co-workers, nothing. Just a pic of her and another hot blonde showing their backsides on the beach and another glory shot of her laying down done artistically. The photos she has shared with you are obviously of a real girl, just not her. The person you could be talking to could be 40 years old with a very young sounding voice.

This REEKS of a scam. Or maybe one of your friends playing a very very dirty trick on you. Either way, you are destined to be hurt and have your heart broken. Just face facts. This whole thing is a sham.

I'm not trying to say that she's still not fake, but she has several hundred photos on fb that you can only see when you're friends with her.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

I kind of figured it was just a fake jersey. But why would this girl be so deceiving? Is she really a Panthers fan? Maybe she really likes the Saints and is lying to us! UGH WHY WOULD SHE DO THIS TO MEEEE!!!!????!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why don't you ask her for a new photo, maybe holding a copy of today's local newspaper. Tell her why you want it too.

Whoever she is I think you've ended it already by putting all her details (true or fake) online. I just hope she doesn't do it to you in retaliation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join