It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Does anybody recognize this jersey, or person for that matter?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Wow, I only read the first page, and the last three.
What a bunch of jaded and cynical people.

She may or may not be who she says she is, you'll find this out only if and when she comes to visit. I hope she is real, if she is the girl in the picture, she's very cute. Hopefully she's nice, and not nutz.

I also know that you are who you are in your avatar, unless you have a series of the same guy

I remember you from when your eye was all bandaged up.

Facebook - not everyone can see into all facebook pages, logged in or not, mine is set with full privacy. I can even google myself, and get zero hits. Some people, depending on the country, are able to be hard to find.

Be very careful, even if she's real, some girls are really good at playing a guy, and taking advantage of them. Keep your guard up.

Good luck.

***if it turns out that she visits, and is who she says she is, you'll have to post a pic of the 2 of you together, for all the naysayers....
edit on 5-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

Thanks haha, but if she's playing me, it's not for money. She has 150,000 in savings and she offered to send some to me to help pay for my sister. I couldn't take it though, especially when she's not even here yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Dude give it up.Seriously.Your story stinks and you've contradicted yourself so many times.I'm going to start a thread tomorrow about this girl I met wearing a hockey jersey.Then I'm going to claim I don't know what kind of jersey it is and then...get this..say my dad is a cop.But,you see,I want ATS members to help me figure out who she is.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

She has 150,000 in savings and she offered to send some to me to help pay for my sister.
lol. 150,000 of what? 150,000 other imaginary friends, spread out all around the world?

'Help pay for your sister'? The previous one deflated?

I'll give you some credit though, you sure are persistent with it. Nobody believes a word of it, except for maybe Snowball at the bottom of the previous page, yet you continue to pretend like this is all legit.

IF this girl actually existed;
IF she is everything that you pretend she is;
IF you accidentally left out the $ or NZ$;
........ do you honestly think it would be a good idea for you to be telling people not only personal details about her, but also that she has a nice lil chunk of change saved up?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
SO DID "SHE" skype you yet?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yeah, tell us!! by the way, Your dad is a cop?? how can you post that girls personal info and posting she has a boatload of money, and using your pic as your avi here?? your father, being a cop, has seen alot in his line of work, he must have had talks with you about being careful and what to look out for, etc scams etc

I find it hard to believe that you grew up with a cop as a dad and you are this naive??? does not add up to me

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

She may or may not be who she says she is, you'll find this out only if and when she comes to visit. I hope she is real, if she is the girl in the picture, she's very cute. Hopefully she's nice, and not nutz.

I also know that you are who you are in your avatar, unless you have a series of the same guy

Facebook - not everyone can see into all facebook pages, logged in or not, mine is set with full privacy. I can even google myself, and get zero hits. Some people, depending on the country, are able to be hard to find.

Be very careful, even if she's real, some girls are really good at playing a guy, and taking advantage of them. Keep your guard up.

Good luck.

***if it turns out that she visits, and is who she says she is, you'll have to post a pic of the 2 of you together, for all the naysayers....

Thanks haha, but if she's playing me, it's not for money. She has 150,000 in savings and she offered to send some to me to help pay for my sister. I couldn't take it though, especially when she's not even here yet.
They're called confidence tricksters

They will seem so genuine and try their best to make you fall in love with them, that's when their little "disaster" strikes and they need your help and because you feel in love for them, you offer help.

They'll tell you want you want to hear, like she's rich, independant, loves you etc etc.... then something happens!! Oh no... my bank has frozen my assets and I can't buy that plane ticket.... can you help?

It will start small, $50 here, 50 there so that it seems legit, then they'll go for the big one.

Trust everyone when they say this is a scam, weve seen it too many times.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I still don't understand why someone would reach out to a complete stranger online for comfort after their little sister gets sick.

This is all BS. You are a lier and have been playing a stupid trick on ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

I sooooo want to believe that a 22 year old Veterinarian who has just started her career is taking 6 months off to come stay with you. I would love to see the reaction of this kickboxing kiwi chick with a temper when she sees that you're not the person in your pics. ROUNDHOUSE!!!
edit on 5-2-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: spellen

And the best part is that it takes 5 years to become a veterinarian in New Zealand.

"Years 1 and 2 of the program focus primarily on instruction in the core medical sciences tailored for veterinary students to learn normal form and function. In year 3 papers (aka classes) help the student recognise abnormality and introduce clinical studies. Year 4 focuses on the medicine, surgery, health management, diagnostics and treatment of companion and agricultural animal species. The fifth year is a semi-tracked clinically based year. Each student will choose a track from the following options: small animal, production animal, equine, mixed animal, or other areas as approved (i.e wildlife, research). "

I know I'm a sucker to keep reading this, but it is entertaining.

A few pages back I hinted at a modern version of the Advance Fee Scam.

Now I'm more than certain that we are being chased around by a punk.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So... what did she say when you told her that you posted all her private info here? Because you DID tell her, right?

Look, I have to agree with everyone here, you just put her in danger by posting her address, facebook, amount of money she has, etc.

When she finds out, do you think she will forgive you?

edit on 6-2-2012 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OP...she was supposed to skype you yesterday. How did that go....You said you would tell us...still waiting....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Facts are no match for the powers of his imagination. Previously he explained that in NZ high school can end at 16 "if you're smart". I have not the energy to check everything he says.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And now I'm back! Yes we did talk after she found her webcam and got finished unpacking. She's even better than on the phone! I just don't see why you guys hate a happy story. I'm happy, she's happy. One and a half more months and we'll be together, so quite honestly, I don't care what you all think, and I never really did. All I wanted was to see if anyone knew the person or the jersey, then everyone decided they would mock me for falling for a scam, then say that I fabricated this whole story. Thank you to those who were a real help as to answering my questions.

PS:
Kiwi girls are sexy when they say chips

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised you say this now? It's not about hating a happy story as you say,it's more about thinking you can pull a fast one on people
Anywhoo,if this post is indeed true then good luck to you both.However,I see a thread March 18th saying "why didn't she come,she seemed real'

edit on 6-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm happy for you she is real, and I hope you are being honest with ATS and yourself, either way I have enjoyed this thread for some reason

I still tend to be stuck on the fence for he following resons.
I know this could be real because of what has happened to me.
I'm no Brad Pit and I dont have lots of cash, but I have had a couple of great physical
relationships that started on-line with very hot girls
And one that has now turned into my family

I'm just a little concered about the photos, they just seem too American in my opinion, one of the photos had houses in the bg that look more American than NZ, and the NFL jersey picture with the black lines under her eye's looks very American.
You could ask her about it, being a Kiwi she should call it a guernsey not a jersey.
I did see a Koala stuffed toy in a couple of her pics. I'm not sure if an American or a Kiwi be more likley to have a Koala teddy?

If she is for real just make sure you have fun and dont get too attached to her, she sounds a little crazy

Explanation for not Skypeing me: She was mad and annoyed because I kept bugging her about it

And I highly recommend you going to NZ for a holliday, It really is an amazing place (nearly as good as Aus:lol

Can you ask her if she has ever been to the Melbourne Uni? and you have got to get her to say "fish and chips" and "beached az"

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Apparently American jerseys and hats are really popular over there, and I guess most of them are black market too lol. Her brother has pics of himself wearing a different NBA hat in like a billion different pictures and they all look fake as a two dollar bill.

I have gotten her to say fish and chips, and it sounds like fuesh and chueps... plus sometimes I can't even understand her because of the accent. But she's still 'cool az" haha.

The only problem I see with her is that her brother said she has a temper, but so does my mom, so you know how they say you end up falling in love with someone just like your mom? Ick... Nevermind, I don't wanna think about it anymore. My mom annoys the crap out of me so I hope she isn't like her lol.

Around a little past the ides of March I'll have a pic up of us on top of a really tall building we've just climbed and an update as to our situation. Don't expect it as soon as she arrives though, because I'll probably be way to busy for this.

Chuers bro! haha

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have gotten her to say fish and chips, and it sounds like fuesh and chueps...

What the fjord is this shuet? Why why why? Anyway, that's a great idea you came up with! Sneak a pic of her while you skype! Brilliant! Not only can you prove she's real but that she's as pretty in a picture as she is in, well .... pictures!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Good luck.

naysayers, listen buddy at best were trying to stop you, from meeting a sick twisted mad, who wants to hurt you.
at worst, your gonna lose a relationship, with a girl youv never met once, who lives in a different country?

i mean sometimes you get on with a girl online and then you dont in real life, even if she is who she says she is, theres so many nuances and ways this could go. But long term you honestly expect its gonna result in marrige already, then your in need of educating about relationships.

even if you find the one you want to marry it does not always work, things like living thousands of miles apart might affect that, iv had relationships go wrong when we lived 5 mins apart.

ironically,in hindsight that was the problem lol crazy girl turned up even if i didnt want to see her lol weerd.

anyway use common sense, im not your mom whos telling you, you can be a star and life is a box of choclates and a bunch of roses and everythings gonna work out like in your dreams.

im a 20 year old guy from england, whos been there got the t- shirt and a suit from gucci, trust me

the chances of a girl thousands of miles, away whos got 150k in savings, and is good looking wanting a relationship with a dude thousands of miles away. is possible, but unlikely anyway, she looks like the kinda girl that goes for sport jocks or something, not a shakespear loving poet.

im not trying to be the bearer of bad news, im trying to stop you from getting bummed by a man called steve from nz who is pretending to be a teenage girl

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

this is like an alien conspiricy, you claim you saw her on webcam, but didnt print screen it, so all you got now is no proof, a #ty love story and a male staker called steve from nz

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

dam right lol, but soon as they can there tryna get money off you, asap though, its like some secret #ing mission of theres.

and every mans is to think of a good reason not spend any haha

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find it odd that one of the first thing the OP mentions is the movie "Catfish".... methinks this may be a bit of fun at the expense of ATS members.

I haven't read the whole thread and didn't even read the whole OP...

If it's true and has all happened by now then good on you OP.

If it's all bollocks and the OP just did it so everyone at ATS would think, "Wow look at the hot girl the OP got" then that's pretty sad man.

Either way, only the OP loses anything, nobody else.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join