It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada caucus voting discussion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Seems we have some odd rules for caucuses here in Nevada. As someone who has never been a part of either party I've never voted in one and that still holds true today. I went to the place around four and all that was there were three Ron Paul signs in the grass and a bunch of crickets.

I guess it ain't like normal voting. I wish I had looked it up before hand, or had someone tell me what the deal was. It burns a little bit to have been registered as a Republican, only so I could vote for Paul in the caucus, and fail.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here's something I realized. When a huge argument against Ron Paul is that "he hates Israel", yet you have a predominantly Jewish caucus voting 58% for Ron Paul, you KNOW he's a popular candidate.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Seems I'm not the only one who was in the dark yesterday. From the local "rag" that I can't link it but I'll pull a quote:

Voters around the Las Vegas Valley complained Saturday that they were denied an opportunity to vote in the Republican presidential caucuses because they showed up late for their precinct meetings.

Party officials acknowledged that confusion about the caucus process disenfranchised some voters.

"We did our best to get the word out that people needed to be there at 9 a.m., but we had some circumstances where people didn't get the word," Clark County Republican Party Chairman Dave Gibbs said. "It's unfortunate that they weren't able to participate today."

I guess I was supposed to be there at nine in the morn. No one told me. I should have looked it up but still, would have been nice to get a piece of paper from the damned party telling us what was up.
edit on 2/5/2012 by TheLoony because: See if I can get this post to pass muster.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i like how many are Handicapping these politicians like in a horse race

RP is way too senior 60-1
Newt, 2 much baggage 25-1
Romney default favorite 6-2
Santorum needs a rest in one 18-2
green party should stay in the Red 75-1
Constitution Party...is stuck in the mudder 75-1

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I do not understand why when Paul finishes in 3rd or 4th just where he polls why people start yelling rigged. I have never seen anything that show me that Paul had any chance what so ever to take the Republican nomination. No one has even bothered to spend any real money attacking him. The only thing really going for him is he has done this a couple times before and has more money than anyone except Romney. For a canidate who has veiws that fall outside the mainstream I think he has done about as well as he could have hoped.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I do not understand why when Paul finishes in 3rd or 4th just where he polls why people start yelling rigged. I have never seen anything that show me that Paul had any chance what so ever to take the Republican nomination. No one has even bothered to spend any real money attacking him. The only thing really going for him is he has done this a couple times before and has more money than anyone except Romney. For a canidate who has veiws that fall outside the mainstream I think he has done about as well as he could have hoped.

Not only did the pre polling pretty much nail the outcome again, but the entrance polling from the different networks also nailed the outcome.

Now if Ron Paul was polling at 50% and he came in at 15%...sure....cry that it was rigged.

But when Ron Paul supporters cry rigged when he did exactly how he was expected to do...they are just being sore losers.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

People don't seem to be able to understand that just because Paul has a large following on the net doesn't mean that translates to the real world. I can't count the number of times I have seen Ron Paul supporters say on here that they're not from the US. They also seem to forget that the population of the internet is still mainly comprised of the youth and as we saw in Nevada the youth aren't voting in these primaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join