It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada caucus voting discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
CNN reporting Romney has won Nevada. No word yet on 2nd place and they are not making a prediction.

I think it is a bit premature to call it now, Clark County (Vegas) is the most populated area and their polls just closed. The last Caucus in the State is actually just starting now but should be finished in about an hour.

I think the most note worthy thing of this Caucus is Santorum's numbers. I think he is going to have to have some big turnouts in Colorado and Minnesota to stay in this race. If I were a betting man, I would put some money on Santorum dropping out before the end of this month.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

CNN is also projecting delegates...they have Gingrich at 30 now, Paul 13 and nothing has even been counted yet and as Freedom mentioned the delegates are not something the media can project.. WTF???
edit on 4-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah they did a projection going all the way to April

The piece was hysterical. They were making a case for Gingrich getting the nomination by not winning any more States. By discussing this topic they had admitted that a Candidate can win without actually winning a single primary, if they can get the delegates. Then as they did the presentation, they had Paul neck and neck with Gingrich all the to Super Tuesday. Then they stopped giving Paul any delegates at all until Texas, then they gave him 3

But this is just the problem with the MSM. They are speculating when they should be reporting. This speculation influences people because they are telling the viewer who can not win and who will win based on their speculation... and it is just nothing more than speculation. News should not be about speculation.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I agree, this is horrible stuff the media is doing. If anything should come out of this it really should be exposing the media. You don't even have to be a Paul supporter to see it. If people would actually see this for what it is, and stop playing partisan politics the whole damn system could change.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Any discrepancies from the different outlets reporting results so far really should have been fixed by now. I'm not able to make sense of it. Definitely something weird going on, not that it really matters.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Any discrepancies from the different outlets reporting results so far really should have been fixed by now. I'm not able to make sense of it. Definitely something weird going on, not that it really matters.

It still really confuses me how the media can declare a winner with less than 15% of the vote and without the largest county (Clark County which accounts for like 70% of the vote) reporting even 1 vote yet.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Man anyone watching CNN right now might actually be pleased... Very many people are standing up talking good about Ron Paul... AND CNN IS SHOWING IT!!!

Sorry, I enjoy deviations from the norm... thought I would bring it up... I am just soo mad right now, I needed that small bit of happiness...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Very many for Ron Paul actually means EVERY person who has spoken so far!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Man anyone watching CNN right now might actually be pleased... Very many people are standing up talking good about Ron Paul... AND CNN IS SHOWING IT!!!

Sorry, I enjoy deviations from the norm... thought I would bring it up... I am just soo mad right now, I needed that small bit of happiness...

I just came on to say this same thing, it seems like everybody there is for Ron Paul.

It's weird how the majority of people everywhere seem to be for Ron Paul, yet when it's time to vote the numbers aren't there for him.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I came in during someone talking, so I had no idea what happened previously. I do know that CNN said six people spoke for Gingrich. So that number is distorted much bigger than it really was I am sure, maybe by a factor of 6
But yeah, the Paul crowd definitely are showing their support and are getting decent crowd responses

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

I just came on to say this same thing, it seems like everybody there is for Ron Paul.

It's weird how the majority of people everywhere seem to be for Ron Paul, yet when it's time to vote the numbers aren't there for him.

His supporters are very vocal and very engaged. But think of Pareito's rule -- 20% of the people do 80% of the talking. The question is who are the non-rallying, non-chanting, non-Internet voting, non-banne displaying voters supporting?

The answer isn't Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Speaking of "yet when it's time to vote the numbers aren't there for him", it's kinda suspicious that only 15% of the votes has come in so late? :S Or have I missed out on something, cause I really did miss out the first hour :/

I do remember the votes from last time came in pretty fast, but this, has taken a pretty long time! Maybe theres SO many votes for RP that they are stuck and don't know what to do? Hehe, my mind is surely going deep now

edit on 4-2-2012 by spire because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by spire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

His supporters are very vocal and very engaged. But think of Pareito's rule -- 20% of the people do 80% of the talking. The question is who are the non-rallying, non-chanting, non-Internet voting, non-banne displaying voters supporting? The answer isn't Ron Paul.

Yes, I agree! But, another thing to ponder... who is all that supportive of Romney? People just cheer to cheer for him. People show up because they have to. I am not sure people support Romney because they like everything about him and of what he says. They vote for him because the are lost, and desperate. They do to do, not for any actual cause.

The Ron Paul supporters on the other hand...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've been watching the NY Times page Nevada and I noticed it went from 17% down to 15% and now it's down to 13%. Can anyone explain that? And it shows 3 counties where votes haven't been counted. I thought it was two.

Beore I pressed "reply" I looked again and it's at 39%. Jumping around.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

They probably cannot make up their mind on how to rig it... all the places that give Paul an advantage they are probably scrapping. Number manipulation is what you need to keep in mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Now it's back down to 2 counties. Mineral county had been for Romney with 100% reporting. Now it's showing for Gingrich.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
dont know if anoyone else said this yet..

flipped between msnbc and cnn around 11 pm est, just got to posting this.
i have a new thread up about it too.

major discrepancy!

MSNBC:
19% reporting
romney - 3569 - 42%
gingrich - 2059 - 25%
paul - 1663 - 20%
santorum - 1112 - 13%

CNN:
13% reporting
romney - 5601 - 47%
gingrich - 2626 - 22%
paul - 2320 - 19%
santorum - 1412 - 12%

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
look on cnn right now they are showing a live count ron paul is killing it!

ugh they just cut from it. romney had about 10, gingirch 4, paul almost 20, santorum 1
edit on 4-2-2012 by andboycott because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

The guy was holding up cards and yelling votes...Paul had a lot but so did Mitt. Doesn't make SENSE because from what I saw, pretty much that WHOLE crowd was for Paul, and everyone I saw speak was too. I hate to be all conspiratorial but this whole caucus is confusing the hell outta me and seems rigged. There, I said it, won't make a damn bit of difference.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"Figures lie & liars figure."

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join