It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada caucus voting discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I dunno, it doesn't add up at all. Maybe CNN hasn't added NYE county yet? They are reporting 8% in at CNN but they had some results come in early that were from a county and it was exclusive to CNN, so maybe that's what is screwing it all up.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well the good news, Ron Paul is in second - the bad news, Romney is at 53%, Paul is a distant second at 19%, and Gingrich just behind him.

Exit polls show number one reason why voters voted the way they did - to defeat Obama. Talk about selling out. Guess maybe the Tea Party Movement stopped just short of actually voting for their spiritual guru, instead they fell in lock step behind the big banksters?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
CNN just updated and they too are showing Paul in second place... but the numbers are still WAY off from Revolution PAC and FOX News (If FOX is still showing numbers like Revolution PAC).

CNN Reports

Romney 47%
Paul 21%
Gingrich 20%
Santorum 11%

The basically switched Gingrich and Paul around. Am I missing something here or are these new numbers only changed by 1%???

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well you know the saying...
Democrats fall in love...republicans fall in line.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here is the New York Times website showing a close race. Nevada

As far as the exit poll...who cares? That's not what counts. If I ever got asked in an exit poll, I would lie. It's none of their damn business.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I dont think they fell in line with Banksters. Romney took 51% of the vote in 2008. He easily took the State and the area is supposed to be a high Mormon voting area which is why Romney took so much of the vote last time.

So if history is our guide, you would expect another high turnout for Romney. I have said a few times, in a few threads, considering Paul has maintained a presence in this area since 2008, anything under 30% of the vote would be a disappointment. That being said, if your in the Romney camp this is a State you would expect to carry easily again. Anything under 50% would be a disappointment. Again, in 08 Romney took 51% of the vote in a 6 man race.

Revolution PAC update: I missed the name of the County but RevoPAC is claiming Paul won the County. What I find interesting is that this County is in the southern part of the State and this seems to be the area that Paul is winning in. This area went to Romney in 08 and this is closer to the Las Vegas area. Clark County (Vegas) is going to the big prize. If it goes to Paul (and all his support seems to be in the southern part of the State) this could put him in first place.

edit to add: It is Esmeralda County
edit on 4-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
CNN@ 10% reporting:

Romney - 48% 4642 votes

Paul - 21% 2030 votes

Gingrich - 20% 1992 votes

Santorum - 11% 1080 votes

EDIT: CNN (Wolf Blitzer) just said they are ahead of everyone else in the vote tally.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Fox seems to be in line with Politico, which is slightly behind. I'm watching WNYC. CNN...I have no idea what their source is. They've been completely off from other sites all evening.

I've also noticed that tonight, with Santorum in 4th, CNN is showing all 4 candidates. In the past, when Ron Paul has been in 4th, they've only showed the top 3.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Lincoln County reporting in.

Revolution PAC shows Paul dropping to third place.

Romney: 39%
Gingrich 25%
Paul 22%
Santorum 13%

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Well the good news, Ron Paul is in second

No it's not good news. Paul is virtually tied with Gingrich at the moment, a difference by 50 votes according to CNN. Paul spent a considerable amount of money in his state, the demographics here should fit his campaign target, yet he's having to compete for second place with Gingrich of all people, Gingrich didn't even bother with this state.

I thought Paul would actually be able to win a state for once, but it's starting to show that he has really lost traction since South Carolina and Florida. 10% of the votes in, it could change, but it ain't looking good for Paulers at the moment.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Lincoln County reporting in.

Revolution PAC shows Paul dropping to third place.

Romney: 39%
Gingrich 25%
Paul 22%
Santorum 13%

I think the CNN poll is more accurate, they have more votes figured in. But who knows......

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I dont think so. CNN is still showing Paul in 2nd place and Gingrich in 3rd 21 vs 20% respectively. Romney at 48% when it is more like 40% according to 3 other sources.

I will say this... CNN's coverage has been absolutely laughable. They have been making a case for Gingrich but by doing so they forced their own hand and had to admit Ron Paul has a chance to win. Then they quickly go back to ignoring him, making a case for Gingrich. They went so far as showing a full map and dividing delegates, they had to assign some to Paul and he stays neck and neck with Gingrich.. but Gingrich can win and Ron Paul can not

After Super Tuesday, they just stopped giving Paul any delegates at all until Texas

edit on 4-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I hear ya, but take a look at the vote counts. The ones on Revpac are a lot lower than the CNN vote counts.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

CNN's results with 8% reporting didn't match what Politico now shows with 8% reporting. If CNN was merely ahead of the rest, you'd think they would be similar at similar percentages. That hasn't been the case all night. The only way CNN could be consistently different is if they're factoring in different results, as opposed to more.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I am not seeing a vote count on Rev Pac, but I am also looking at the NY Times link that someone posted in this thread as well, which appears to be in line with Rev Pac and it is being updated in real time as far as I can tell.

NY Times

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

CNN is reporting 10% in as we speak. I'm not saying I know for sure they are correct, but they do have the most votes in.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yep...CNN is at 10%. Politico and WNYC are at 8%. When CNN was at 8%, they weren't showing the results that Politico and WNYC now show. That's why they must have different results, rather than simply more results.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Understand the popular vote does not count. It's the delegates and most of the folks staying around for the delegate selection process in theses precincts are Dr Paul supporters.

Same thing happened in Iowa. MSM may be telling you that Romney has X amount of delegates, but that's not true. Romney knows it, and Dr Paul's folks definitely know it!!

All the precinct reports I have been reading online, say Dr Paul's folks are being selected at the precincts, even the ones Romney is winning!

BTW, Dr Paul is in 2nd by all precinct counts that have been provided by Nevada.

Shut off CNN as they are doing a horrible job tonite!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think Revpac is using the same figures the NYT. Look at the vote count difference between them and CNN.

NTY:

Mitt Romney 1,956 40.6%
Newt-gingrich 1,201 24.9%
Ron-paul 1,040 21.6%
Rick-santorum620 12.9%

elections.nytimes.com...
CNN:

Romney - 48% 4766 votes
Paul - 21% 2050 votes
Gingrich - 20% 2026 votes
Santorum - 11% 1094 votes

www.cnn.com...
edit on 4-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have to say, I am really enjoying Rev Pac's coverage. They are pro Paul but they are really covering and discussing things very unbiasedly. They have been giving the pros and cons for each Candidate and so far the coverage has been very very good. Here is a link for anyone who may be interested.

Rev Pac coverage which is streaming live.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join