It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada caucus voting discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In the battle for "really odd caucuses", I think Nevada's vying for top slot. The polls will close TWICE -- it's the Jewish sabbath and they're accommodating very orthodox Jews.

abcnews.go.com...

Romney is generally expected to win, and it's anyone's guess who's second.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Romney is favored...but Ron Paul has been there all week...so hopefully this will be a Ron Paul state.

Go Ron Paul!!

ETA: Also my home state and stomping grounds...so it would be double strike for Paul to come out on top!
edit on 4-2-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul should take 1st in Nevada. We're talking about the United States Of Nevada here people. If THEY don't vote Ron Paul then geeze I give up hope.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
RP has a big base here in Vegas.

=)

I might be attending the caucus

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In 2008 Romney won with 51% of the vote with Paul in 2nd with 13%

Anything less than 30% for Paul would be considered a disappointment.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Romney has already won. Don't you guys read the headlines?

Go Ron Go!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
and queue the 500 pro-Paul posts.

something in the water me thinks.
Anyhow, Yes, who will come in second place I think is the discussion at hand.
My liberal side wants Gingrich to win, but my holy crap, one of these fools may beat Obama side wants Ron Paul to win...

If Obama is out, I want Paul in...the other two are simply unacceptable. a Paul presidency will have one of three possible results

1) nothing...he will pass nothing at all and be the lamest lame duck president because house/senate don't want a independent to be an option (most likely senario)

2) His presidency will usher in a needed change that will make the economy boom and a new way of thinking

3) His presidency will set the entire west and ultimately the world on fire from disasterous decisions, fueling a near full blown corporate takeover of America without any recourse.

mathematically, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

=)

How do you know?
You would think, if you used ATS as your exclusive news source, that Ron Paul will win every single state by like 85%...
We tend to view things based on how we want to view them..reality tends to interrupt us. In saying that, I did hear that RP has a pretty strong organization over in Nevada.

In saying that...Nevada has legal prossy and such. RPs stance would actually weaken the NV industry by pretty much opening up that potential all across the board (as it should be...who is the government to dictate what a person can do with their body when its between consenting adults)

Point is though, there may be many corporations around Nevada that wouldn't like a RP presidency as it may interfere with their exclusive market...allowing lots of competition outside of NV

Just some food for thought. Remember, Corporations ultimately dictate who we will vote for. (not as individuals, but as herds that bow to propaganda)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

My prediction

Romney - 52%
Newt - 23%
Paul - 13%
Santorum - 9%
Other - 3%

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

=)

You "might" be attending the caucus??? Have better things to do? Is it going to take up too much time?

I thought you were a big RP supporter (maybe not, I get you all confused).

But this is part of RPs problem...his huge internet following turns to, "meh" out in the real world.

Having said that...even if every internet RP supporter in Nevada went to the caucus today...he would still be in third place.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You "might" be attending the caucus??? Have better things to do? Is it going to take up too much time?

I thought you were a big RP supporter (maybe not, I get you all confused).

But this is part of RPs problem...his huge internet following turns to, "meh" out in the real world.

I have to agree with this... I don't know about this particular poster, but the online enthusiasm needs to be manifested in the real world, and when it's not it's extremely frustrating to watch.

Paul can't win anything with online votes or online enthusiasm..Get out there and vote for him!

I WILL be at my caucuses Tuesday to vote Ron Paul 2012!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

just remember...

pictures/video or it didn't happen!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately the polls have been pretty accurate so far before each vote, and Ron Paul is last in Nevada, around 40% behind Romney.

I am afraid it is well and truly over for RP. He will get some delegates but the way it is going he wont even have a platform at the convention.

Sorry to say it, as I think RP is America's last real hope.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Early count.....ahead of CNN reporting-

Romney 3479
Paul 1323
Gingrich 1246
Santorum 591
Other 2

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Romney 3479
Paul 1323
Gingrich 1246
Santorum 591
Other 2

For those of us that are ascard of a bunch of numbers
CNN
Romney 52%
Paul 20%
Gingrich 19%
Santorum 9%

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Romney 3479
Paul 1323
Gingrich 1246
Santorum 591
Other 2

What is the "Other 2"...who did I miss?

If it sounds like a dumb question...then it might be...but I mean it in all seriousness!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All that has been reported so far is Eureka County, should be more coming in any second. Im hoping Paul gets atleast a strong second.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Tell ya what...I am BEYOND confused at the moment watching these results come in.

I have the TV on CNN and they are reporting Romney at 45% Gingrich at 22% Paul at 21% and I forget what Santorum is. Maybe 11% or so.

My computer is on the Revolution PAC coverage. Now this is a Pro Paul outlet. That being said, they have been reporting Paul in last place with 16%. Nye County has just reported in and Paul won that County. So now they are reporting in totals as Romney 38%, Paul 30%, Gingrich 20% and Santorum 13%

This is a huge difference from CNN who is also showing Nye County results. The coverage has been pretty even up until this point. CNN has been showing Paul in 3rd place while RevoPAC was showing Paul in 4th. This all changed with Nye County results coming in, so like I said... I am very confused by these reported results.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Fox news is also showing Romney at 38% Paul at 30% and newt at 20% but its says only 5%
in. Cnn still showing those same results you showed. No consistent reports, very confusing. :puz

EDIT: Fox just changed to Romney 37% Paul 29%
edit on 4-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have not checked any other MSM sources. How odd that FOX would be reporting something so close to Revolution PAC.

The PAC is showing results from Storey County and that county is showing Romney 28% Paul at 27%. This is just Storey County only. So this county should be the next to report in on the MSM outlets.

Why such a huge difference between Fox news and CNN? That really makes no sense at all to me. Normally all the MSM outlets are usually the same or very very close to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join