It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscious Reality Thoughts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by ChiForce

What is manifesting your emotions? Either way wether you set out to create your emotions or they just come to you. The similarity of creating your emotions and haveing them appear randomly is that you are aware of your emotions. Once you are aware of them why not just take control of them? Knowing where your emotions come from almost seems pointless to me because you will still have to deal with them as they come to you.

Hmm...I guess you have to learn this yourself. You can't control something not knowing where they came from...
That's the ego talking with the illusion of controls.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It is always the ego dont fool yourself

edit on 4-2-2012 by Doublemint because: is

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
There is an identity that has beliefs 'inside you' that has attachments so it triggers emotional responses regardless of what you think, in fact it is the thinking that sparks the emotional response. The thinking is the one that gets offended, but can you find the 'thinker'?
Thoughts are not the problem, it is the reaction to the thoughts. And the reaction to the 'thinker'.

Originally posted by greyer
I disagree, given the years of my learning and focus onto the subject, I have witnessed, tested, and confirmed that my emotional reactions come from thoughts and thoughts come directly from what I see or experience. So if I am in my room meditating all day I will feel the enternal bliss of my soul, but if I am in modern day society constantly trying to please the needs of the world then it is likely I will be stressed. This is because of all the interactions. If I was sitting in my room by myself all day I will not have the interaction to cause a thought in my mind. If someone calls me on the phone I am awaken from that meditation and once again thoughts are entering my mind based on what the person says. If I see something in front of me, I think about it, this may cause a reaction towards my central nervous system based one what it actually is. If I did not see that thing I would have walked in a totally different path, it would have been a tree that fell in the woods without anybody there, it would have ceased to exist in my reality and would have never entered my mind.

Hmm. Lots of different concepts being thrown in together there that need to be looked at, but may I point out one possibility for you to consider? You seem to blame thoughts on interactions, and seem to think once thoughts are there you have no power over them. According to your statement, if you see something in front of you, you think about it. Are you aware that it is indeed very possible to see something in front of you, be completely aware and present, and have no thoughts? While this doesn't go further with your example of how your thoughts cause issues, etc., it is the first place in my opinion to stop and consider an assumption you are making, upon which much of the rest of your concerns are based.

One other thought
to share with you. You mention that you have witnessed, tested, and confirmed your personal theories about this. I would suggest that all of that was accomplished with the awareness, understanding, skills and techniques that you had at the time. Change these, and your results will change. I guarantee it.

edit on 2/4/2012 by Open2Truth because: reply tag missing

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It is always the ego dont fool yourself

edit on 4-2-2012 by Doublemint because: is

I am sorry. I don't understand this. Are you talking about some Ego based philosophy. Everything is about Me, Me, and Me? Nothing else matters. Nothing else beyond your Ego. Hmmm....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No, not some ego based philosophy. Can you show me what is and what isn't ego?
edit on 4-2-2012 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No, not some ego based philosophy. Can you show me what is and what isn't ego?
edit on 4-2-2012 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

You have to ask yourself then. When is the last time you have engaged in activities or mental thoughts without much regard of yourself and your well being?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This stuff is very interesting to me.
But I have to say we dont have a clue what we are looking at.
Trying to figure out a thought becoming reality, is like trying to study a river by plotting a single atoms path of h2o moving around a rock.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
It seems you hold a belief that your thoughts are caused by external stimuli, no stimulation or interaction to cause your thoughts.

disagree, information is like microscopic electricity running through ether like the waves of sound, every point of information we intercept (wide range variables) causes a stimulus reaction in our brain, reactions that we are not even aware of. Yes we can create a thought without experiencing a part of reality with one of our five senses, but that doesn't matter because it still has the potential to cause an effect on the central nervous system.

What you're still missing is the awareness of thought in real-time and the separation of thinker-from-thought. While it might be possible to control a visceral reaction to an external stimuli - it is completely and totally under your control as to what you think about the event or how you think about the event or "how it makes you feel". When you realize the thought you're having as separate from your "reality" then you'll have a basis for controlling your reactions to stimuli.

I do agree with this information that it is the answer, a solution that I will work on.

Practical exercise involoves catching your thought as it occurs (especially anger, hurt, frustration) and making the conscious decision whether to "go with it" or not. When you can watch a thought enter you consciousness and make a choice to let it pass or indulge it then you will have the "control" you seek. Even the song that won't go away is some sort of a personal indulgence - perhaps your subconscious is giving you a message (if you're a musician, maybe you just need to learn that song).

This is poetic because I am in a song and I am a musician, also that I have to accept the reality of the world we live in. When I first caught some thoughts I was sunk in my soul deeply, being in an arguement the response is happening so quick I need to be an unselfish master.

Originally posted by ChiForce
A particular thought stuck to you because it means something to you. Find out why. When you meditate, you can focus on your naval area. This should "force" your mind to cease attaching itself to a particular thought.

This is correct, so what I am searching to conquer is the connection between the central nervous system and the brain. My soul is reacting from my mind when it should be the other way around, my mind should be reacting from my soul.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I recommend you to read up on Zen Teaching of Haung Po. It is available in Kindle too. Look, the mind creates reality. If you cease the mind, you cease your reality. Now, we aren't talking about whether or not a rock would still exist if we don't see a rock. Only a lower level mind would only see the rock as rock. First, a rock would not cause you to feel emotional in the first place. Obviously, in Zen, we are dealing with "human emotions" and "human perceptions of the world." After all, why would Zen Buddhism care about a piece of rock.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Why would you not want to feel your emotions in an arguement? I think it is more important how you respond to your emotions rather then removing them.

I don't have any shortage of emotions, I have an abdundance of emotions. It is simply enough mental stamina for me to hold back in any arguement and smile while I feel the emotion of somebody talking wrongly to me from what I perceive.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Hmm. Lots of different concepts being thrown in together there that need to be looked at, but may I point out one possibility for you to consider? You seem to blame thoughts on interactions, and seem to think once thoughts are there you have no power over them. According to your statement, if you see something in front of you, you think about it. Are you aware that it is indeed very possible to see something in front of you, be completely aware and present, and have no thoughts? While this doesn't go further with your example of how your thoughts cause issues, etc., it is the first place in my opinion to stop and consider an assumption you are making, upon which much of the rest of your concerns are based.

One other thought
to share with you. You mention that you have witnessed, tested, and confirmed your personal theories about this. I would suggest that all of that was accomplished with the awareness, understanding, skills and techniques that you had at the time. Change these, and your results will change. I guarantee it.

Sorry but you are wrong about me blaming my thoughts. I am saying that when I see something or experience something it causes an emotional response in my central nervous system. I know that if I would not have seen or experienced it there would not have been an effect on my emotions. It would have been like a tree falling in the forest with nobody to witness it. My thoughts are weaker than the actual emotions. In this thread, I would like to know how to control every thought and put it out of my mind immediately. You know when a song gets stuck in a persons head, all they would do is look at you, snap their fingers and smile like a magician, poof it would be gone. Also in this thread, I would like to learn the connection between thoughts, emotions, and their reactions between each other. The example we are using is a simple arguement.

ChiForce and Doublemint you hit it right on the dot, your discussion is exactly what I want to delve into deeply.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
What I have learned from many posts I have read in this forum, is that our thoughts have an effect on how we feel and how our reality plays out into the world. I have been meditating for probably ten years, I know how to calm myself but I do not know how to control every detail that my mind thinks. We have heard that when something gets stuck in your head and you know that it's there you won't be able to get it out of your head, like a song. How do you have full control for every thought, that you can change it to anything at any time? The suggestion is that anything entering your mind based on our interactions with reality, it should be able to leave instantly, and I should be able to think of anything I want to. This would eliminate emotional responses in arguements, because whatever anybody says to us we can forget it instantly so the thoughts would no longer cause any type of response to the central nervous system. I personally would like to master this.

To harness your own creative potential, you must adhere to the creative mandate that is already in place. Thoughts do create. Everything is a thought. There is one mind radiance coming through mind interfaces. To become a co-creator, you must serve God.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
reply to post by greyer

I recommend you to read up on Zen Teaching of Haung Po. It is available in Kindle too. Look, the mind creates reality. If you cease the mind, you cease your reality. Now, we aren't talking about whether or not a rock would still exist if we don't see a rock. Only a lower level mind would only see the rock as rock. First, a rock would not cause you to feel emotional in the first place. Obviously, in Zen, we are dealing with "human emotions" and "human perceptions of the world." After all, why would Zen Buddhism care about a piece of rock.

If I looked at what causes me an emotional reaction as that of a rock then I would not be reacted. In our simple arguement example, we know that it is easy for someone to get heated when they are under pressure and possibly even antagonized, if the words coming out of an individual are taken for that as nothing more than a pile of rocks, then I would not get heated. You are right we are not talking about not seeing the rock. Earlier we were talking about the seperation of ego and mind, I would say ego and soul, you can say 'ego and emotional reaction.' The cause of this thread is because I do not know how to seperate my mind from my soul, and I know a lot of people in the world do. It is a reality for me that experiences cause emotional reactions, and experiences also cause thoughts about the experience that produce lingering emotional vibratory frequencies or reactions. To remind myself of what I am learning in this thread, if my mind ever witnesses something that will do this I will equate the thoughts to a pile of rocks.

There is a soul inside of us and our mind talks to it based on what we experience, I need to know how to control the messages that are being sent between the two, of course after controlling the former.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Mooji can show you:

youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Are you trapped in the mind or is the mind an appearance to you?
edit on 9-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by greyer

Mooji can show you:

youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Are you trapped in the mind or is the mind an appearance to you?

I truly believe in yogis, thank you so much for letting me actually see one.

I am trapped, perfect way to put it. I am trapped in my soul, but not like a person in hell but my mind causes feelings to my soul and it will be like a release of endorphins but emotion. Of course we are trapped in a body, but I can be here and free from my body. It is the creation of the earth and time.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

So glad you liked Mooji, i love Mooji.
I can recommend many more who know the ulimate truth, i will leave you with a couple of videos that you might like:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Namaste.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I Am What I Am Not

Important realization,

Because it opens me up for opportunities, seeing you are without so you can be with.I am not now, but because I realize it I will be everything that I truly am. A lot of us are trying to find out who we really are, I'm not. I'm trying to do magic.
edit on 10-2-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join