It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscious Reality Thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What I have learned from many posts I have read in this forum, is that our thoughts have an effect on how we feel and how our reality plays out into the world. I have been meditating for probably ten years, I know how to calm myself but I do not know how to control every detail that my mind thinks. We have heard that when something gets stuck in your head and you know that it's there you won't be able to get it out of your head, like a song. How do you have full control for every thought, that you can change it to anything at any time? The suggestion is that anything entering your mind based on our interactions with reality, it should be able to leave instantly, and I should be able to think of anything I want to. This would eliminate emotional responses in arguements, because whatever anybody says to us we can forget it instantly so the thoughts would no longer cause any type of response to the central nervous system. I personally would like to master this.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Human beings have the free will to engage their several emotional spiritual bodies in a way that can be either beneficial or detrimental to themselves. "Mind over matter" has been a principle I follow (along with other metaphysical principles which define our reality) basically, you think it, it will happen, then you feel it. 10 years is really impressive for consistent meditating; its been about a year for me, but I'm 19 years old, an old soul
. Keep up the light work bro, I will see you at source in the near eternity!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is an identity that has beliefs 'inside you' that has attachments so it triggers emotional responses regardless of what you think, in fact it is the thinking that sparks the emotional response. The thinking is the one that gets offended, but can you find the 'thinker'?
Thoughts are not the problem, it is the reaction to the thoughts. And the reaction to the 'thinker'.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19
reply to post by greyer

Human beings have the free will to engage their several emotional spiritual bodies in a way that can be either beneficial or detrimental to themselves. "Mind over matter" has been a principle I follow (along with other metaphysical principles which define our reality) basically, you think it, it will happen, then you feel it. 10 years is really impressive for consistent meditating; its been about a year for me, but I'm 19 years old, an old soul
. Keep up the light work bro, I will see you at source in the near eternity!

Wow that is awesome, keep up the good work. In India there were some yogis who knew Kriya Yoga, that is where all the magic is to me. I'm not saying it's beneficial given the needs of modern day society, but they would literally go to another place in their mind, and experience the eternal bliss of their soul for 8 whole hours during a 'session.'

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
There is an identity that has beliefs 'inside you' that has attachments so it triggers emotional responses regardless of what you think, in fact it is the thinking that sparks the emotional response. The thinking is the one that gets offended, but can you find the 'thinker'?
Thoughts are not the problem, it is the reaction to the thoughts. And the reaction to the 'thinker'.

I disagree, given the years of my learning and focus onto the subject, I have witnessed, tested, and confirmed that my emotional reactions come from thoughts and thoughts come directly from what I see or experience. So if I am in my room meditating all day I will feel the enternal bliss of my soul, but if I am in modern day society constantly trying to please the needs of the world then it is likely I will be stressed. This is because of all the interactions. If I was sitting in my room by myself all day I will not have the interaction to cause a thought in my mind. If someone calls me on the phone I am awaken from that meditation and once again thoughts are entering my mind based on what the person says. If I see something in front of me, I think about it, this may cause a reaction towards my central nervous system based one what it actually is. If I did not see that thing I would have walked in a totally different path, it would have been a tree that fell in the woods without anybody there, it would have ceased to exist in my reality and would have never entered my mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

When humans look at the things; events that occur the mind speaks, it rates and measures good or bad. This is done because the mind names and labels in opposites and has a sliding scale from one end to another.
As soon as the first thought is believed then all other thoughts are unleashed, prior to the first thought there was no story told.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Is it ever obscured?
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Thinking that you have to please others is where the mind gets busy. The 'others' are appearances to what is constant. What you are is where it all happens and nothing can happen without your presence.
The presence you feel when you meditate is never separate from you, it is you. When you recognize this as your true nature stillness is your home and all movement is known from there.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You're close to being on the right track. It seems you hold a belief that your thoughts are caused by external stimuli, no stimulation or interaction to cause your thoughts. In your first post, you seem to want full control over your thoughts. What you're still missing is the awareness of thought in real-time and the separation of thinker-from-thought. While it might be possible to control a visceral reaction to an external stimuli - it is completely and totally under your control as to what you think about the event or how you think about the event or "how it makes you feel". When you realize the thought you're having as separate from your "reality" then you'll have a basis for controlling your reactions to stimuli. Practical exercise involoves catching your thought as it occurs (especially anger, hurt, frustration) and making the conscious decision whether to "go with it" or not. When you can watch a thought enter you consciousness and make a choice to let it pass or indulge it then you will have the "control" you seek.

Even the song that won't go away is some sort of a personal indulgence - perhaps your subconscious is giving you a message (if you're a musician, maybe you just need to learn that song).

The flow of thoughts is uncontrollable - how long they stick around in your mind is completely up to you - how or what you feel about something is a choice not a dictate.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A particular thought stuck to you because it means something to you. Find out why. When you meditate, you can focus on your naval area. This should "force" your mind to cease attaching itself to a particular thought.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Well put. On a more advanced level, you can even see the thoughts and emotions of others. This gives you the advantage of knowing what and who you are dealing with let's say in a fight or in an argument.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Not many want to stop thinking because thinking strengthens the ego. The mind made self that is bigger and better, or at least it tries hard to be worthy because it feels unworthy. It builds images of itself in thoughts, in time.
That is not the 'real life' you that is existing, breathing, seeing, hearing. The identity in the mind is time bound. While the real you is right here in the body of now, the sensor of this. Presence.

Thoughts are appearing to you now and you can believe them or not...or just see them for what they are.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why would you not want to feel your emotions in an arguement? I think it is more important how you respond to your emotions rather then removing them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

Emotion is fine as long as we don't project it on others, it is how life feels right now.
E-motion is energy moving, it is felt as life happening.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
Why would you not want to feel your emotions in an arguement? I think it is more important how you respond to your emotions rather then removing them.

Emotions and arguments? Do you know where would this lead to?
Irrational thoughts with a unforeseen outcome. Your emotions could be a manifestation of something more remote and primitive. Could be self serving. Ever witnessed a couples arguing over something as silly as toilet paper? That's the result of emotions. I would never argue with anyone over something as silly as toilet paper.
Also, when you are about to lose an argument, no amount of emotions can win back your pride. In the real life, this could be fighting over a traffic ticket before an administrative judge, speaking from experience.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Emotion in a disagreement is not creative. It can be explosive.
Emotion is fine as long as we don't project it on others, it is how life feels right now.

disagreement is not the opposite of creative. most things can be explosive. the last part sounds like what I said.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Emotions and arguments? Do you know where would this lead to?
Irrational thoughts with a unforeseen outcome. Your emotions could be a manifestation of something more remote and primitive. Could be self serving. Ever witnessed a couples arguing over something as silly as toilet paper? That's the result of emotions. I would never argue with anyone over something as silly as toilet paper.
Also, when you are about to lose an argument, no amount of emotions can win back your pride. In the real life, this could be fighting over a traffic ticket before an administrative judge, speaking from experience.

and that is why it is important how you respond to your emotions

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes, by letting them pass through your consciousness, not stuck with them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

and there are many ways you can do that. You can handle them being very calm or you can become very upset or you can become any state of mind you would like.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

and there are many ways you can do that. You can handle them being very calm or you can become very upset or you can become any state of mind you would like.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

This only works with the manifestation of your emotions. It does not address the cause and the root of it. I can give you an example. How about detaching your love emotion or attachment emotion of someone because he or she does not share the same feeling?
As we all know, the feeling lingers for years even though you are no longer seeing the person anymore. I am afraid there aren't that many ways to cease your attachment other than having a higher consciousness to understand the cause of your attachment.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What is manifesting your emotions? Either way wether you set out to create your emotions or they just come to you. The similarity of creating your emotions and haveing them appear randomly is that you are aware of your emotions. Once you are aware of them why not just take control of them? Knowing where your emotions come from almost seems pointless to me because you will still have to deal with them as they come to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join