It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can the USA keep Iranian nukes out of borders.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You are absolutely right. In the OP there is also the question why so many people worry about the reach of Iranian nukes while a detonation of a foreign nuke between the US borders should be on top of the list of their worries.

For example...today,as a matter of fact Februari 5th 1958 the US airforce lost a nuke somewhere at the coast of Georgia....the nuke was never recovered. You can bet it is still between the US borders after all these years.....and also bet someone has it. Foreign or domestic powers....

edit on 5/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Last i knew Iran didn't have nukes but if you are looking for religious nut jobs with nukes then look no further than Israel and ask if the USA can stop the 350 nukes Israel has nevermend the prostututes they own in washington.

If the public in the USA are unable to stop the zionist running the country and think they can somehow win Russia, China, Pakistan, India, North Korea, .............lots more .................................. then maybe they are going to see Darwin in action and when looking for someone to blame they should take a look in the mirrow.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Here is what is scary, think of all the illegal drugs that make it into the US on a daily basis. If we cant stop that, how will we stop a nuke from making it into the country? I always wondered how many the Soviets must have smuggled in during the cold war, that are probably still here. Scary.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by zatara

Here is what is scary, think of all the illegal drugs that make it into the US on a daily basis. If we cant stop that, how will we stop a nuke from making it into the country? I always wondered how many the Soviets must have smuggled in during the cold war, that are probably still here. Scary.

Precisely...so why do people fear so much the missile nuke attack all the way from Iran, N.Korea or Russia for that matter. There is the technology to intercept most if not all misiles before they reach the US continent.

You probaly watched the movie The Fourth Protocol? If you haven't.... it deals with a russian agent (007 Pierce Brosnan) who has the order to detonate a nuke on UK soil.

I really think that the possibillity of an already present foreign nuke on US soil should be considered the most realistic threat for the USA. And I think that the DoD is very aware of this and will try to keep such a doom boom senario as much as possible out of the public domain.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There are some great points about how we can't keep immigrants and drugs out, so it is a proven fact that just about anything can be smuggled into America.

What is keeping nukes from being smuggled in is the fact that they are HARD to make; it takes a lot of money just for the infrastructure to refine the uranium and then if you get enough for fission you need to make sure you have the formula to ensure critical mass.

Then factor the size of them, it isn't like they're the size of backpacks like in The Peacekeeper. They do have some weight/size to them too.

Personally I believe the only way Iran is going to go nuclear is if they buy the weapon and not fabricate it themselves.

Derek

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Are the US borders enough secured to prevent such nukes from coming in? I do not think so...

edit on 4/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

No I don't think so, its been to long and the drugs still make it thru so unless the US is paying drug lords to control their drug routes there are weak points. I would think if there was a planned attack OBL or another would of injected his/her sleepers years ago who may now be under a new command like a stair command set up. You know they will get you so set it up for the next and so on...

edit on 2/7/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by awh666
reply to post by zatara

I currently live almost on top of the US/Canada border on the east coast, and have for 20+ years. In my opinion I can't see how the US border is any more secure now than it was 15 years ago (with the exception of needing a passport to cross from time to time...). From my perspective it would be easy for a "sleeper cell" to bring whatever they need through customs, especily if they have built a friendly relationship with the slack officers that "work" for american customs.
I personally used to drive over to work 6 hours south of here (into the states, Im a canadian citicen) for months at a time, bringing a truck piled high with tools and building equipment, would stop and chat with the officer for five minutes or so, never get checked for a passport or any ID of any sort or even asked where i was going. So, really it would be easy to bring whatever they want into the states, IMO.

There are now many radiation sensors in border crossings. If you know what to look for you may occasionally see them

www.cbp.gov...

It's not like how it used to be.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Personally I believe the only way Iran is going to go nuclear is if they buy the weapon and not fabricate it themselves.

Derek

It is not only Iran who is considered a threat but any anti-american party. I do not know what to believe when it comes to stories about "lost" briefcase nukes or the nuke whole sale in former russian states. If any of these stories is true then it is possible for anybody with enough money to buy them. A very serious threat.

This availabillity of nukes on the blackmarket will give not only nations access to nukes but also individuals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join