It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So is it just me or...? What's up with this comet, doesn't it look familiar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hey how are you people doing?

I am a longtime lurker of the site and can't even remember when last i posted any topic on ATS. Let's just say I am more of a casual observer.

So alot of stuff is going down at te moment, keeping us conspirators pretty busy. Lot of E.T. stuff going on, or extradimensional. (What ever floats your boat)
Lot of tensions building, new weird sounds popping up and so on. It feels like we are entering an new (mini) iceage where I live.

But what got me paying attention that in my opinion something really is happening, is what is happening with our son and planet. What is happening in space. Things do seem to be happening in this legendary year. But I am not thinking the end of the world or anything. Well maybe somekind of huge natural disaster or WWIII if we are unlucky. But hey # happens... Only thing you can do is watch for the signs and try to prepare as well as you can. But I am starting to rant.

What caught my eye was this thing that is taking place.
spaceweather.com...

You might think "So what, a comet? What's wrong with that? You are not starting a Elenin topic are you?!
"
Well no, atleast I hope not. I just want to point out this comet and remark that it does look like that prophecy star or comet, that was supposed to come this way and stuff would happen. What's it's name? I know it's not Niburu, it's the other one. The blue winged star(ship) that was coming back at the "end of times". The one I believe most cultures have mentioned in their ancient scripts etc. The one that has been depicted in cropcircles.

I think the Egyptians called it the winged disk of Ra. You know they used it's symbol for like everything that was royal or important. I also believe the Hopi mentioned it as a signs of the 'end of time'. Also alchemists use it as an important symbol. The sun with the wings thing.

Well as I look at this comet I'm thinking "Maaaaan that does look like the thing"

I am not saying the world is going to end, or that "aliens" are coming to save or enslave us. Or that we will be pimpslapped by an asteroid or comet. I am just saying that it does match the description. I am a very simpel person, who tries to look at things in a simpel way. I like to believe that I have a pretty decsent "BS-meter" and I like to think that I can conclude if something is bull or not. Maybe I don't and maybe it is all in my head. But I have to say that the whole ancient civilisations thing is making more sense everyday.

Everytime I read the news or atleast the happenings in the world, things seem to point at the fact that the whole ancient civilisations thing is probally true. Things get found all the time that support the theorie. Like new pyramids or ancient city ruins that get found. Weird "alien" objects being spotted at the bottom of some sea.
Also what's happening in space, with the solarflares, finding new possibly habitable planets etc. Also al the talk about asteroids and comets.

It just gets me thinking that some of the socalled conspiracy talk might actually be true. The talk about asteroids and comets make me think that Werner von Braun wasn't on '___' when he talked about the War on asteroids false flag opperation. All the "alien and ufo" sightings make me think that he also wasn't high when he mentioned the other fals flag op. the War on evil aliens. Or that operation Bluebeam is an load of crazy talk.

Also it all makes me think that all those prophecy talk about winged star(ship)s coming back at the end of times and all the 2012 talk about aliens coming to save or enslave stuff isn't all a bunch of poop. It actually is starting to look like one of those scenarios every day.

Again I am not saying it is going to happen, but man it is starting to look like something like that is going to happen and soon. Just sharing what I am experiencing the last few weeks and months. I have no idea what will happen or even if it will happen. Just saying it sure feels and looks like it will.

So is it just me, or what?
edit on 4-2-2012 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
this is very interesting.

you know what? i hope SOMETHING does happen!

this world, this reality is VERY boring!

the government is tyrannical and we are less free every day.

if aliens were to show up and save everyone, that would be pretty fun imho.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

Originally posted by Subjective1

But what got me paying attention that in my opinion something really is happening, is what is happening with our son and planet. What is happening in space. Things do seem to be happening in this legendary year. But I am not thinking the end of the world or anything.

There is always something happening.
Things happen continuously.
Things always have happened, and things always will happen.

The only difference between now and before, is that from one day to the next (or one year to the next. etc..), people continue trying harder to find something that's going on.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You protest too much about not wanting to start another rambunctious thread.

You just did.

Several new comets appear within the inner solar system every year. Some are visible with the naked eye and some, most, are not.

If you have some special reason why we should get all saddled up to ride this comet to death on ATS as has been the case with others without good justification, please put it in a quick, subsequent posting. Otherwise....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello!

Thanks for your thread, I find it very interesting to say the least and I agree with many of the points, BUT (there's always a but, right?) - and before I continue let me say I'm not a debunker or trying to debunk anything, this is just a personal observation and opinion - (...) but I work with special effects and to me the image with the supposed comet seems a lot like "lens effects" from Photoshop.

Why? Because the overall image quality is very low and the glow from other stars is a little bit speckled (because of the image resolution and overall quality), but the comet's glow is very smooth and as I mentioned looks like a Photoshop effect. So, not saying it's a fake, just my opinion, and I would very much like to be wrong this time because I want to believe there's something else (almost extraordinary) going on this year. Let's hope so!

Peace.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sad thing is I beg for something to happen.. Something to bring down everything.. Some of you will say "I have kids! How could you want this!" But let me ask you something. Do you really want your kids growing up in a world filled with hate? A world where everyday children are murdered and molested and you get to hear about it every day? Where the news only has these stories and never stories about how a person helped create a group to feed the needy?

I mean seriously I'm 20 years old and I am already disgusted with the younger generations of females.. I see it and I'm like, parents actually let their 13 year old daughter dress like that??

The sole reason I don't want kids is because I don't want to put my child through the times like this, these days should go down as the dark ages.. We have honestly lost the way..

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
Sad thing is I beg for something to happen.. Something to bring down everything.. Some of you will say "I have kids! How could you want this!" But let me ask you something. Do you really want your kids growing up in a world filled with hate? A world where everyday children are murdered and molested and you get to hear about it every day? Where the news only has these stories and never stories about how a person helped create a group to feed the needy?

I mean seriously I'm 20 years old and I am already disgusted with the younger generations of females.. I see it and I'm like, parents actually let their 13 year old daughter dress like that??

The sole reason I don't want kids is because I don't want to put my child through the times like this, these days should go down as the dark ages.. We have honestly lost the way..

Exactly! I am 25 and feel the exact same way. I don't plan on having kids or even getting married, in fact I only work because I have to (I'm not suicidal) and I admit I kind of like what I do, but apart from that, I completely agree with every word you said. 100%. I also hope that something happens very soon, I want that very much. So let's also hope that we don't get disappointed as well, right?

Peace (or maybe not? lol)!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

Yeah ;P I used to want to remain single but then I met my girl. She is adamant about not having a child in times like these either. She is also open minded so I kinda had to give in on falling for her lol. I had never dated an open minded girl before.

She also doesn't believe in marriage because she believes she doesn't need a piece of paper telling her she's in love with someone. That marriage is just a part of the steps imbedded into society's mind of what you should do with your life.

My problem is when I think about my future or the worlds future I don't see it. What I mean by this is usually I have a general idea of whats going to happen next but when I think about it as a whole all I see is nothingness. Something tells me my life will either be short lived or what were headed to is beyond my imagination.

Just like for instance I don't see any of the republicans winning the 2012 election. I honestly see Obama winning. Now this isn't from an egotistical stand point nor do I like Obama. Just something tells inside he will be there for another term.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

What about comet Lulin from 2009?

Compare...

I'm sure there are plenty of others too, since all it needs is the ion tail and dust tail to be parallel.

edit on 4/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ghw
edit on 4-2-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well who knows.
As many say, probally alot of them out there like that.
But who knows...
edit on 4-2-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
this is very interesting.

you know what? i hope SOMETHING does happen!

this world, this reality is VERY boring!

the government is tyrannical and we are less free every day.

if aliens were to show up and save everyone, that would be pretty fun imho.

It's not that it's boring...it's that we are ready for the next step...

And we can feel it...and we want it t happen, and know it will..

These feelings are all new to us.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As Chadwickus pointed out, it is not uncommon. Simply a matter of perspective.
surftitan.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

Do you realize you are adding to that hate with a statement like that. You want something to bring everything down? That's how sociopaths think.
You should seek counseling. If you don't like the way things are, work to make them better instead of wishing for doom.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

It won't be fun at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
With a distance of 1.3AU (195 million kilometers/121 million miles) from Earth....I think we'll be plenty safe!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't have kids, but I just wanted to say that I have no desire to see the world come to an end, and it saddens me deeply how many people seem to be all embracing of death and destruction. Honestly the world is what you make of it and one thing I have noticed about the youth of the world today is that a lot of them are about the most negative people I have never met.

I think the biggest problem in our society today is that you are overloaded with to much information. You don't get to see the world through your own eyes anymore. You are viewing the world through a TV Screen and a Computer monitor. You never got the chance to grow up and learn what the world is like. You are being told what it is like by a bunch of blogs and other forms of social media.

The kind of major event that this world really needs is one of those huge solar flares that come along and wipe out all the electricity for a month or two or so. Then maybe some of these kids will get a chance to be disconnected from all the negativity and hate that exists on the internet and they might actually have a chance to live their lives.

Just my .02 cents.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
...and here we go again.
I'm glad this stuff is back.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
look up at the sky - # ain't normal. lol. The Moon is indicative this, having rotated nearly 180 degrees from last year, and the sun, nearing solar maximum, has it lit up like a beacon. Here, OP, in Canada, it feels like we are entering spring already, which validates my own speculation that we have shifted on our axis (as is the Earth's shadow on the Moon) - I won't go into much detail in this post, but will provide a link to a thread I wrote last year Feb 14th as I saw what seemed to be a tilt of our axis/pole shift as I stood and watched the procession of the evening sky take place with my girlfriend at the time over the course of 10 minutes. .. so I'm pretty sure great things are afoot. Some people just won't listen, some are paid not to.. que sera, eh?

merc

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Some people just won't listen

I'm listening. I'm just not hearing anything that makes any sense.
The Earth's shadow on the Moon? Are you talking about the lunar eclipse a couple of months ago? It is only during a lunar eclipse that the Earth's shadow falls on the Moon. Was there something odd about it?

edit on 2/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join