It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter From beyond (TJWC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We all have days when weird things happen. I am sure there is something in everyone’s life that seems unexplainable. This is the first time this has happened to me though. I work in a business office and we receive faxes all day long. What I do there is pull the faxes from the fax machine and deliver them to the appropriate recipient. About mid day I get this fax off the machine that didn’t make any sense to me. There was no information on it that would tell me who the sender was, and I really didn’t know what to do with it. So, I put it in my “unknown “ basket until I figured it out.

When I got home, I was watching the nightly news and they were covering a story about a mystery fax. Well this peaked my interest so I turned it up to listen. Apparently this fax that I got at work had been faxed to ALL the fax machines within the local news district. What’s more, the news guy was saying that there had been reports of this fax being sent to all fax machines around the world. They are thinking that it was a prank or something. And there would be an update when new information becomes available.

Well, this may not be anything major to most of you, but there are a few things that make this story strange. The first would be that date on the fax. It is dated February 3rd, 2002. That is exactly ten years before today’s date. The date is generated by the fax machine. How the hell did that occur? That is not even possible.

The second is that there is no information on the fax that would tell you the original number that it was faxed from. All that shows up in the “sent from” box is zeros. This is also information that is generated and included on the fax when it comes through. Again. not possible.

And the third thing is the content. No one in their right mind is going to fax this info to all the fax machines in the world. It would be too costly and there is nothing of value to the fax.

Now, a lot of people are saying that it was sent from someone “beyond the grave” a lost soul or ghost or something like that. I am just not buying it. I think it is church or organization trying to prove a point or something. You know how they are….

Whatever the case, I retyped the whole thing in here for you guys to take a look at and decide for yourselves. It’s on the news, so you know I am not making it up. Let me know what you think. Do you think someone is trying to make amends from beyond the grave, or should this go into the hoax bin?

Feb. 3rd, 2002

To: All of you
Re: My apologies

I never meant to make you, any of you, feel bad. I am unsure of where I went wrong. Communication was never my strong suit. Each of you meant a lot to me. And I am sorry I couldn’t say it better at the time. Like all of you, I was only human. Emotions got the better of me. I didn’t think with my head, I used my heart.

When you hurt me, I hurt back. My pride and ego got in the way. Sometimes it was my feelings of being inferior, maybe my low self esteem. Sometimes I was just scared.

A lot of you I didn’t know in life and that is a shame. I wish I would’ve had the pleasure. But if we did cross paths, I am sure there are some things I did that made you feel bad. Please, let me explain…

I never meant any of the harsh words I used. They were knee jerk responses to what I thought you were saying to me. None of the words mattered really. What I was trying to say is that your words hurt me. But I didn’t know how to say that at the time. I’m sorry if my words hurt you.

I was always happy to see you, even when you couldn’t give me the time of day. It was reassuring to just know you were there. And if I smiled and you did smile back, it just made my day that much better. Thank you for all the smiles.

Always wanted to hear what you had to say. And to be honest, I was hoping you would want to hear what I had to say too. I’m sorry I never talked to you, really talked to you. Wish I would have taken the time to know you better. Thank you to the people who took the time to talk to me.

I liked the way you dressed. It didn’t matter what you looked like, it was you and your personality coming through and I appreciated you being you. Thank you for letting me be me as well.

I never meant you to feel uncomfortable when you were around me. Again, I am terrible at communication and may have made you feel uneasy. I am sorry if you felt that way.

I wanted to trust you and let you in. I just didn’t know how to at that time. And I understand why you didn’t let me in either. Thank you to all of you who trusted me enough to let me in.

I wish I was more attentive when you were having a bad day. Maybe I could have been more supportive, or helped you turn it around. I was so involved in my own life; I didn’t have any time for yours. I wish I would have taken the time to make you feel better.

Most of all, I am sorry I didn’t have the courage to tell you these things in life.

If I could have told you these things then, I would have. But you would have distanced yourself further from me. It would have made you feel uneasy that someone was sharing so much honesty, emotion. Right there in the middle of the daily grind. Probably would have been anxious to find an exit from the situation. I understand now, as I understood before. We were not supposed to tell each other how we felt.

Imagine what it would’ve been like if we had trusted each other and had been friends. Maybe we would have cured all disease instead of making new ones. Maybe we would have explored space instead of ruining the only space we have to live in. Maybe we would have developed our minds instead of developing weapons of mass destruction. So many maybes….

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know I really did care, and I really am sorry. If I could do it again, I would do it all differently. And I would make sure that you all know I cared. Somehow, I would’ve made sure.

Sincerely,
T.R. Agedy

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
signed by tragedy??

whoa....

some people might say this is some scientist guy, jesus, G, who knows?

this sounds serious.... ( if its real and not a joke )

i wonder if this means we are all lalalaled now.

does this mean things are going to get better or worse?

what if the creator of the world ( some secret being or G ) is like sorry i messed up, i love u guys, but i messed up.

?????????
edit on 4-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

edit: seriously, not a single other post???? ATS y u make me rage.

this sounds so cool, cmonnn!

edit: so this happened recently? suddenly every fax in the world got this message?

if true, then WOW..... this is weird. i want to know more. even if its a prank, i guess i would be disappointed but i still want to know more.

also this:

Tragedy: When the feeling's gone and you can't go on,
It's tragedy. When the morning cries and you don't know why,
It's hard to bear. With no one to love you, you're goin' nowhere.
Tragedy: When you lose control and you got no soul,
It's tragedy. When the morning cries and you don't know why,
It's hard to bear.
With no one beside you, you're goin' nowhere.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

This is a fictional story.......

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Not a real story...a writing contest in the short stories forum. I just read it again because your take on it was totally different than what I was trying to convey.
And your right. It does sound like the big "G" or jesus or something.

Thank you for pointing out a different perspective. I had no idea it would be interpreted that way.

Blend57

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rydizz

This is a fictional story.......

source please? it looks like a very good story, but if its REAL i am very interested.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blend57

Not a real story...a writing contest in the short stories forum. I just read it again because your take on it was totally different than what I was trying to convey.
And your right. It does sound like the big "G" or jesus or something.

Thank you for pointing out a different perspective. I had no idea it would be interpreted that way.

Blend57

cool ^_^ no problem! to me it sounded as if G sent an angel down as a human and tried to fix the world because it was so messed up, and it just wasn't going to work out like that.

it seemed as if the angel was sad that he/she couldn't do anything about it and knew we were basically lalalaed.

edit: oh! and may i ask what you were trying to convey? a political message? i am really curious as to see what you originally meant?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I enjoyed the story
sort of started out like an ATS post, I thought that was deft touch. Captures the emotions and the mind. I was trying to figure out the author of the fax while reading what was sent.
Nice bit of irony at the end. Short and sweet I give it a

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I was just going for a single mans regrets in life,about how we all treat each other on a day to day basis and what might be different if we thought a little more about one another.

But I like your take on it better. When I read it agian, it does sound like what you said.

It's funny how you never know where the story is gonna take you until its finished.

Blend57

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you. It was hard to write. I think because I never talk about emotions like these much. So it took abit to get them on the page.

Thanks again for your kind words

Blend57

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
SnF for re-typing all that. I like how you presented the plot as a realistic story, and I was intrigued as I read the first paragraph. The message of the fax itself added to the mystery. Who? Why? Well done.

I'd definitely like to read more. The contest runs until the end of February. Hint-Hint.

top topics

join