It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entangled diamonds blur quantum-classical divide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm New to all of this
But at least Diamond is something i can relate to from

www.newscientist.com...

Two diamonds as wide as earring studs have been made to share the spooky quantum state known as entanglement. The feat, performed at room temperature, blurs the divide between the classical and quantum worlds, since typically the quantum link has been made with much smaller particles at low temperatures.

So the fine line between real and should I say different world is getting smaller all the time.

Can't wait to be able to cross-over to see what there

Like this part
This is an interesting avenue for thinking about how quantum mechanics can emerge into the classical world
edit on 4-2-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
and down the rabbit hole we all go.
I love quantum physics although I can't comprehend much of it, lol It will be interesting to follow this and where it will go from here.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
and down the rabbit hole we all go.
I love quantum physics although I can't comprehend much of it, lol It will be interesting to follow this and where it will go from here.

Was thinking maybe ask my manager here at the mine for a few sample for me to test this farther

But with my luck one or more would go missing down that Rabit Hole

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I wonder if this could be the beginnings of our faster than light communications system for star ships??????

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I wonder if this could be the beginnings of our faster than light communications system for star ships??????

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Why have a communication system when you can just be there faster than light

Remember the key word merge two reality mine and over there

top topics

join