It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double sided Win/Win for FDA and Government concerning JunkFood Regulation and YOUR food freedoms!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i saw this on the news a few seconds ago, i don't really watch the news that i saw it on, but i saw it none the less.
mods please feel free to move to the correct place. thank you.

Basically, the FDA wants to regulate junk food by overtaxing it and trying to control what we eat depending on what they deem safe or not.

there's another law apparently that is trying to come out that says that if it passes, the FDA has to shut up and can't regulate junk food as much (yea right whats stopping them) and can't use federal money to make advertisements that say "junk food is bad watch out".....

my very scary double sided point here is that if the law passes, then the general ignorant public wont be informed as much as always about things that are unhealthy like chemicals in junk food.

which makes the Government happy because they want to feed us chemicals and things that keep us fat slow and obedient and sheepish.

BUT! if the whole thing goes the opposite way, and the FDA gains the power to regulate junk food, then we just lost a bunch of freedom right there.

wanna buy a bag of chips? FDA: *slaps wrist* tsk tsk tsk you gotta pay 10$ for that now because its regulated under the "we think its bad for you act"

no matter which way this goes, its bad for us and good for "They".

They are both on the same team. one way we are made more ignorant and more misinformed, if not informed at all.

the other way, our freedoms are infringed upon and striped away just a little further every day as usual.

sorry if i have no source or links, you can look it up somehow, please forgive me lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i think its very important that we be more aware that this kind of stuff is going on!

i know i should make every post count, but i can't let this topic die!

im afraid that one day i will walk into a store and a chocolate bar loaded with fluoride and yellow 5 and high fructose corn syrup will cost 1$ while a normal rich dark chocolate bar will be 20$

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I would be perfectly fine with them cutting out junk food so as long as they made organic foods more available and cheaper.

But I mean it will be a cold day in hell before anything real gets cheaper

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

I would be perfectly fine with them cutting out junk food so as long as they made organic foods more available and cheaper.

But I mean it will be a cold day in hell before anything real gets cheaper

by all means i agree, i would love them to make organic food cheaper and WAY more available.

for example if they made a law that said: corn syrup, aspartame banned, must use real sugar.

i would be happy.

but if they said "chocolate bar is junk food, not necessary for good health, add 4$ to price" i would RAGE.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Honestly what I would really enjoy seeing is if you buy organic foods with food stamps, it takes a percentage of the total off. Kinda like a healthy bonus reward. I'm not on food stamps but I think that would be a better idea then allowing KFC to accept food stamps.. IDK how exactly this placing a ban on junk food would go, because from a poor person like me junk food is how I survive due to the price. When I mean junk food I mean most freezer foods, I cant afford to eat many vegetables everyday lol

top topics

join