It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study says racists and conservatives are dumb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by ownbestenemy

My brain hurt trying to keep track

[/quote]

Hmmm. Interesting. Do you consider yourself more 'liberal' or 'conservative'?

[quote]Was he/she saying liberals use both sides of the brain better? Are they ambidextrous

edit on 4-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

No ,just that they may both use different parts in different ways of processing data and how this might affect one's polar/political leanings.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I see so understanding price= supply/demand and more immigration pushes wages down make me dumb does it now

The world is full of parrots, unable to think for themselves and if the state said it's OK to hang people suspected of whitchcraft then you would see a lot of hangings but don't take my word for it because i'm off to hug a queer today, lovly people and everyone should be gay right.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Isn't the answer obvious?
Low intelligence disallows high level mental constructions and must depend on more on emotional responses to the environment. The result can be looked at as a tribal mentality (a concern with "me and mine") rather than a global (what can I do for us all?) mentality.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Isn't the answer obvious?
Low intelligence disallows high level mental constructions and must depend on more on emotional responses to the environment. The result can be looked at as a tribal mentality (a concern with "me and mine") rather than a global (what can I do for us all?) mentality.

I think all sides are more tribal than they think, or they wouldn't be taking a side.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Failed science usually starts with trying to prove a pre-conceived notion.

Conservatives are dumb and racist.

Conservatives do very little to disprove this notion

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canned2na
I can just see some scientist in a friggin lab coat coming this miraculous conclusion after months of research, when all he had to do was fly anywhere along the Coastal Plain or east of the Appalachian Mts.

You know my mothers people came out of Appalachia, as well as my husbands, I recently watched a two part documentary on the people and their history,

While they were digging coal to supply energy to, "big cities folks", most still lived without electricity themselves,

And Music, I was surprised how much they influenced the evolution of music in America.

The chronic poverty of Appalachia is the outcome of economic domination and racism. In the 1930s, southern politicians prevented farm workers and domestic servants from qualifying for Social Security because they knew that the small Social Security check would support families and would change the labor market in the South. In the early days of coal mining, coal operators prevented workers from unionizing and demanding fair wages. In the face of bitter competition among the coal companies, operators controlled everything about workers' lives to keep their labor costs down. By preventing education and community participation the operators forced workers into submission. President Lyndon B. Johnsons War on Poverty instituted national legislation, but the dynamics of exploitation in Appalachia prevented distribution of its opportunities and benefits. To this day, impoverishment in Appalachia persists.

youtu.be...

edit on 092929p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
We all know that racists are dumb. You don't need a scientific study to figure it out. We also know that most racists, especially in Western countries, tend to hold conservative and right-wing positions. It dosen't necassary suggest that conservatives are dumb (not at all) just that racists are dumb and racists tend to be conservatives, thus there are alot of racists amongst the conservatives and right-wing.

We also know that most racists, especially in Western countries, tend to hold conservative and right-wing positions

Do we?

I am 62 was raised in a strict Christian conservative home, and never, never did I hear a racist comment come from any of my family members.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
'Racist' is a very ambiguous word. The large majority of people have prejudices or biases towards other groups, even liberals who try to suppress it or hide it. Implicit tests show that the actual feelings of liberals don't match up to the rhetoric they spout out. Most actually have the very prejudice that they shun others for. So is one only racist if they are open and honest about their biases?

Here are the tests:

implicit.harvard.edu...

Another obvious hypocrisy by liberals is how they talk about how great diversity is but then escape it every chance they get. Most diversity mongers don't live in diverse neighborhoods and won't send their children to diverse schools.
edit on 2/5/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am 62 was raised in a strict Christian conservative home, and never, never did I hear a racist comment come from any of my family members.

I kinda take that back, my grandfather seemed to have a thing against Gypsies, and we lived in a neighborhood of European immigrants, they seemed to call each other names, lol, seems funny now.

edit on 112929p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
We all know that racists are dumb. You don't need a scientific study to figure it out. We also know that most racists, especially in Western countries, tend to hold conservative and right-wing positions. It dosen't necassary suggest that conservatives are dumb (not at all) just that racists are dumb and racists tend to be conservatives, thus there are alot of racists amongst the conservatives and right-wing.

Ah yes, repeating the narrative as if it were fact. I suppose blacks aren't racist at all. Is that what you're suggesting?

Also, it's "necessary", not "necassary".

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Martin Luther King: Conservative Republican, and Christian

A Supreme Court decision in 1956 ended Alabama's segregation laws enacted by Democrats

www.nbra.info...

Republicans Founded the Historically Black Colleges and Universities

Most people do not know that it was white Republicans who financed, funded and sponsored the colleges and universities for African Americans in the 1800s and early 1900s, while Democrats, with brutal force, opposed every effort made by Republicans to educate African Americans.
Billionaire John D. Rockefeller was the Republican philanthropist who donated millions of dollars to black colleges. Henry L. Morehouse and Laura Spelman are two white Republicans who worked very hard to establish and maintain some of our historically black colleges.

The following is a list of some of the black schools and colleges that were founded by prominent Republicans in the face of opposition from Democrats.

Morehouse College 1867 Atlanta, GA
Howard University 1867 Washington, DC
Spelman College 1881 Atlanta, GA
Shaw University 1865 Raleigh, NC
Fisk University 1866 Nashville, TN
Atlanta University 1867 Atlanta, GA
Virginia Union University 1899 Richmond, VA
Straight University 1869 New Orleans, LA
Talladega College 1867 Talladega, AL
Clark University 1870 Atlanta, GA
Meharry Medical College 1867 Nashville, TN
Morgan College 1867 Baltimore, MD
New Orleans University 1873 New Orleans LA
Philander Smith College 1883 Little Rock AR
Rust College 1883 Holy Spring MS
Samuel Houston College 1900 Austin, TX

hiphoprepublican.blogspot.com...

www.nowpublic.com...

I think what we are seeing today is not racism but resentment.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't think so called 'conservatives' are any more 'dumb' than so called 'liberals' or vice-versa but I do think there is an element of truth in some *generalizations* such as has been suggested here, while many 'liberals' tend to not be able to come to consensus easily, on the other side it seems I have observed many 'conservatives' are unable to easily stand up within their own ranks and go after the extremist elements.

It was pointed out by some labeling themselves conservative here that many Repubs are not at all conservative. Newt the liberal in Republican clothes comes readily to mind. Perhaps it's here, but I have not seen alot of Repubs going on the offensive to such a fraud, in fact I have to wonder how anyone who feels they have conservative values could ever choose people like Newt or Romney over a principled conseravtive like Paul. Does being 'conservative' really mean being afraid to challenge the ideas in one's own party and fear rocking the boat, going along to get along, rather than really standing up for principle?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm just gobsmacked that the Daily Mail would print such a thing.

What the hell is going on?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

It was pointed out by some labeling themselves conservative here that many Repubs are not at all conservative.

Neo-cons....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Back in those days the Republicans were liberal and the Democrats were conservative. You have offered proof that Republican does not mean Conservative and Democrat does not mean Liberal.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well duh...liberals are for moving forward...while conservatives hate change.

Liberals know in order to progress it is time to leave an old way of thinking behind...while conservatives would rather stay put because they don't want to take the time learn new things...if they had their way...no way would women or minorities have a right to vote...to them it is a waste of a vote.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Racists are obviously idiots because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you cannot hate an entire race of people based on the few you have met.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Back in those days the Republicans were liberal and the Democrats were conservative. You have offered proof that Republican does not mean Conservative and Democrat does not mean Liberal.

confusing aint it?
edit on 012929p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This was only done with people in the UK. So conservative racists in the UK have lower IQs.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
yeah and any one who can't see through the right left parradime lie are the MOST devoid of intellect
edit on 5-2-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join