It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How green zealots are destroying the planet!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Cited from author: "Similar technological advances in the field of energy make a nonsense of environmentalists’ claims that we are running out of fuel: long before coal ran out came the petroleum revolution; and, though we still have plenty of oil left, we now have the miracle of shale gas which lies in abundance everywhere from Blackpool to the North Sea, and is released using blasts of high-pressure liquid to open pockets of gas in rock."

Wha? Shale gas in "abundance"?? North Sea gas production falls 25% I could produce MASSES of links to this as the UK produces less and less of this "abundant" gas..

And the rest of his article are as absurd, nothing to discuss there, only the usual "whistling in dark forests" as we call it here.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Shale gas will be soon outlawed. It has 2 major impacts on the surounding enviornment. Contamination of natural ground water and earthquakes.
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

I agree, specially with your last line. Powerful stuff. Starred.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Progress: Population growth on the Indian subcontinent necessitated the introduction of genetically-modified strains of crops

Oh yeah, that's progress!

Economic progress is not our enemy but our friend. It is an historical fact that the richer nations are, the more money they have to spare on ensuring a cleaner environment: compare the relatively clean air in London to the choking smog that envelops Beijing and Delhi; look at where the worst ecological disasters happened in the last century — under impoverished Communist regimes, from the Aral Sea to Chernobyl.

But the greens refuse to accept this because, according to their quasi-religious doctrine, industrial civilisation is a curse and economic growth a disease which can only be cured by rationing and self-sacrifice, higher taxes and greater state control.

Richer nations have more to spend on environement? Oh yeah like they would if those "evil green zealots" weren't there.

London? Clean air? How the hell can they compare that to Delhi which has 10x the population. Worst ecological disaster in an "evil communist" regime...it was a mistake for god sakes.

The whole article is a scam, propaganda!!!
I can't believe some people fall for this bull #.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

How green zealots are destroying the planet!

I think the world is doing fine destroying the planet without the green zealots. You do release that we are living through a mass extinction right now... We need to learn to have more respect for our planet not less.

Anthrogenic pollutants have an affect on our planet. That is a fact. No one really understand the full impications of climate change. When we really dont know and the stakes are so high we need to use the principle of the precautionary affect.... The risk is not worth not taking.
edit on 4-2-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

Telling it like it is!
Time to get rid of the watermelon people.
Green on the outside, red on the inside!

Climate skeptics, or at least those challenging the rate of which humans contribute to climate change are owed an apology.

Will you zealots now apologize?
I am doubtful.

Read this great article to find out more about manipulation of the global climate change.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm sorry...global warming aside, what part of the scientific data clearly detailing the destructive influences of these chemicals and techniques used to further our industries DON'T you understand?

Please, show us some SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE stating that everything we've been taught about the environmental toxicity of these chemicals is wrong. Show me data saying that the slash-and-burn madness is actually blown out of proportion.

Show me these facts, and I'll consider your "argument".

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
all this is, is another side throwing a punch at the other with some more random points that nobody really knows anything about in real detail...

neither side really knows whats going on.

we are on a rock floating in space, and someone says its hot, and someone says it isn't.

its like a bunch of annoying family members fighting over the A/C temp.

i say, the green boys and girls should keep using more natural ingredients in their chocolate pudding because i love healthy pudding.

the people that say its fine and that global warming is fake, should then proceed to be quite and ignore them.

why do we have to fight? just stop it.

Because it is killing the economy, which in my book is a pretty good reason.

Subsidized energy is killing America, we are all paying for this nonsense. And those energy efficient light bulbs will go down in history as one of mans dumbest decisions. It takes much more energy and resources just to make one of those bulbs, then you have the backside problem of billions of these things in landfills leaching toxic elements like mercury.

The air is cleaner today than it was during the industrial revolution. Growing up I remember smog alerts being issued in L.A. and public transportation being free on those days. Check on the last time they had a smog alert.

The lunacy needs to stop, the resources are sorely needed elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I Read th e article;.

One of the grimmest ironies of the modern environmental movement is just how much damage it has done to the planet in the name of ‘saving’ it. Green biofuels (crops such as palm oil grown for fuel) have not only led to the destruction of millions of acres of rainforest in Asia, Africa and South America, but are now known to produce four times more CO2 pollution than fossil fuels. Wind farms, besides blighting views, destroying topsoil and causing massive noise pollution, kill around 400,000 birds a year in the U.S. alone. Environmentalists, in fact, have a disastrous track record when it comes to predictions and policy recommendations. Rachel Carson’s 1962 bestseller Silent Spring — which promised a cancer epidemic from pesticides — led to a near worldwide ban on the malarial pesticide DDT, thus condemning millions in the Third World to die from malaria.

This was for me the factual core you can't deny

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am sceptical of the real affect humans have on the environment. I believe it is no where near what is claimed. None-the-less I believe looking at sustainable forms of energy is good given that we have finite resources while sustainable forms can be infinite. I believe looking to polute less, use less plastic and less harmfull materials is a good thing. We should find a steady balance between maintaining economic growth and begining a transition to sustainable forms of energy and the use of less harmful products.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Regulations are killing jobs, killing small business. If you think otherwise you are living in a bubble. The reason people can't find jobs is because regulations are killing businesses and preventing hiring.
edit on 4-2-2012 by MsAphrodite because: Forgot to add my commentary.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I don't think people who were or are in favor of green energy producing methods and technology should apologize at all. It doesn't bother you that the majority of the world runs on dead million year old plants? Even if they were wrong about C02 emissions effecting the climate, they are still right that our fuel for nearly all societies WILL run out. This is an issue that was addressed by the people who you attack, and they also proposed solutions. At this point in my comment, I hope everyone realizes that opposing the point I make is very silly, and the sooner we all unite under this issue, the better.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Regulations are killing jobs, killing small business. If you think otherwise you are living in a bubble. The reason people can't find jobs is because regulations are killing businesses and preventing hiring.

Adapt or die no?
Keeping an archaic system just for the sake of keeping jobs is a much bigger problem then regulations in overall society production and evolution.

Isn't it weird how corporations, big companies and conservatives leaders defend their outdated ways of making money when they are the ones with the most money to make that change the easiest?

There are just lazy.
edit on 4-2-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisdylan
reply to post by BBalazs

I don't think people who were or are in favor of green energy producing methods and technology should apologize at all. It doesn't bother you that the majority of the world runs on dead million year old plants? Even if they were wrong about C02 emissions effecting the climate, they are still right that our fuel for nearly all societies WILL run out. This is an issue that was addressed by the people who you attack, and they also proposed solutions. At this point in my comment, I hope everyone realizes that opposing the point I make is very silly, and the sooner we all unite under this issue, the better.

Neccessity is the mother of invention, not lies and fearmongering.

There is plenty of oil left, and even more natural gas. But when they start running out there will be a massive rush to be the one to perfect things like solar panels or biomass fuels so they are cheap and efficient.

If the stuff I've been reading about Graphene is true there may be cheap durable solar panels in the near future.

I even think there will be ways to have your house off of the energy grid within 20 years, provided the recovery from the upcoming financial collapse is orderly of course, if things get ugly it might be a long time.

edit on 5-2-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

welcome brother skeptic!

the official dogma of green zealots has been debunked in the first few pages, have they apologized yet, for their womanly hysteria?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

energy efficient light bulbs will go down in history as one of mans dumbest decisions.

CFL's are awesome, they have saved me a lot of money.

The air is cleaner today than it was during the industrial revolution

Because we have regulations on businesses otherwise it would be just as dirty as it was. This is one of the stupidest arguments conservatives make (out of the many, many stupid arguments), that we don't need environmental laws because they work. Obviously if we got rid of them then they wouldn't work and it would be polluted again.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

energy efficient light bulbs will go down in history as one of mans dumbest decisions.

CFL's are awesome, they have saved me a lot of money.

The air is cleaner today than it was during the industrial revolution

Because we have regulations on businesses otherwise it would be just as dirty as it was. This is one of the stupidest arguments conservatives make (out of the many, many stupid arguments), that we don't need environmental laws because they work. Obviously if we got rid of them then they wouldn't work and it would be polluted again.

Why do you people always make assumptions?

I said overregulation, as in unneeded regulations. Scrubbers on smokestacks is an example of a good regulation. I can think of many others but for every good one there are 10 bad ones that slow industry and move jobs out of the U.S..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisdylan
reply to post by BBalazs

???
You are making presumption about me.
They should apologize, and we should approach the issue of global climate change, and running out of fossils fuels with rational minds, not women induced hysteria.
Some of the current solutions put forth now, are MORE HARMFUL to the environment.
This is the ISSUE.
Off course you can just put your head in the sand, and ignore FACTS, just keep repeating the approved MANTRA.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

they will never understand that MOST regulation is a communist tactic.
i have treied one the years, but feeble minds are so attached to the granny state, they cannot think outside of it.
they do not understand NATURE, FREEDOM, CHOICE.
to them everything has to be directed,TOP DOWN.
they will make assumptions of you, put you into a category and put false word in your mouth.
at least I understand.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Man-made climate change is scientific fact - it's the scientific consensus by scientists who are closely familiar with the real data. Period. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is nothing more than Oil Money paying to have erroneous information and doubt put into the public spotlight in order to keep those juicy paychecks coming in...

The Daily Mail newspaper is a right-wing joke in the UK by the way...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

they will never understand that MOST regulation is a communist tactic.
i have treied one the years, but feeble minds are so attached to the granny state, they cannot think outside of it.
they do not understand NATURE, FREEDOM, CHOICE.
to them everything has to be directed,TOP DOWN.
they will make assumptions of you, put you into a category and put false word in your mouth.
at least I understand.

You must be one of those guys who thinks taxes are scam too I imagine?

I wonder who pays for your roads, fire service, street lights etc? People like you would have everyone living in the Dark Ages if they took you too seriously... But then anyone who disagrees is a Commie right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join