It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Claims It Intercepted FBI Conference Call (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Source

LONDON — Trading jokes and swapping leads, investigators from the FBI and Scotland Yard spent the conference call strategizing about how to bring down the hacking collective known as Anonymous, responsible for a string of embarrassing attacks across the Internet.

Unfortunately for the cyber sleuths, the hackers were in on the call too – and now so is the rest of the world.

Anonymous published the roughly 15-minute-long recording of the call on the Internet on Friday, gloating in a Twitter message that "the FBI might be curious how we're able to continuously read their internal comms for some time now."

The humiliating coup exposed a vulnerability that might have had more serious consequences had someone else been listening in on the line.

"A law enforcement agency using unencrypted, unsecure communications is a major fumble," said Marcus Carey, who spent years securing communications for the U.S. National Security Agency before joining security-risk assessment firm Rapid7.

While I am an Anon supporter, I think unless you are using these sort of things for progress as in exposing corruption or incompetence you don't let anyone know you have this sort of access.

They should have waited until they had good information to leak and not exposed their easy hack so they can try and cover it up.

I don't think anyone can get mad at Anon for this as it just seems to be stupidity on law enforcements side...

Anyway, just thought I would share as the story is quite funny.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
alternatively you could try using the simple search feature and add to the existing threads.

here's one to get you started...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
They hacked the investigators who are investigating hacking - I think it's hilarious.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
They hacked the investigators who are investigating hacking - I think it's hilarious.

I guess all that college education didn't pay off. Wonder what their instructors would say?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I think they think that they have more than what they reveal. So if they can show the world that they're capable of this, I'd bet they can do a lot more.

As in, it wouldn't matter if the FBI et al tightened up their procedures, anon have their feelers in there far too deep for it to matter.

Man, lol, it's like they're just tapping the warhead, it will explode one day and there will be a hell of a lot of collateral damage with it...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
wow this story made it to MSM in australia, first time ive heard them talk about anon. makes me think that its not really anon but another assault on the censorship wars by the authorities. making us afraid so we'll beg them for more security and censorship. our msm in australia is no different to the states' msm, always with an agenda.

im just not buying this

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I've always had a strange desire to want to speak to someone from Anonymous. Guess that's the knowledge seeker in me. Or the fool, not sure which. But definitely supporting stuff like this. Get that crap out in the open, they shouldnt hide from us.

top topics

join