It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Heartless Man - You Don't Really Need A Heart or A Pulse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Even though I have no solid proof yet, I have "hunches" to believe that the heart allows you to communicate with "some type of low-level gods"(this is why your prayer will more likely work if you're sincere, or "comes from the heart." However, there is a limit, and that is, this low-level god can't really change things on a "grand scale."(certain events, perhaps agreed to prior to reincarnation, are supposed to happen), or do anything "blatant or miraculous," for example, like allowing a $500 bill appear in front of you. Now if let's say, you want to have a well-paying job, or you want a beautiful kid, then I think that can be granted. Also, sometimes, you will not get what you ask for(perhaps if it's in violation of the blatant rule), but an equivalence for it.

I think the heart is your soul, and the mind is your ego. The ego can think whatever it wants, and it is your free will, and thus these low-level gods will not listen to anything it thinks, because what if you wanted a "bad thing?"
Also, sometimes, you can think of something, and not really mean it, whereas the heart cannot lie.

What if you wanted a bad thing, and expressed that to your heart? Well, I'm not sure, since I haven't tried that,
but from what I've read, it could mean that a "bad god" will grant your wish(and once that wish is granted and achieved, you and him will get punished accordingly).

Now the reason I said low-level gods is because it's my opinion that there exists an Ultimate Creator, however, this Ultimate Creator has decided not to get involved(or as Hidden_Hand put it, chose to "forget" himself) and messes with our experience(this fits with Einstein's belief that there is no personal god, as in one that answers your prayers, but perhaps there is a Creation God.)

Anyway, back to prayer, I would say that based on my experience and read, I would say that it works. However, I think the Ultimate Creator intentionally makes it "complicated" because he doesn't want you to "abuse" it, so to speak. I mean, think about it, if everyone can just ask him for everything and he grants it, then what's the point of this life? Sure, he could just wave his hand and end world hunger, but what if those people wanted those experiences? I mean, imagine if you're a bunch of eternal souls and have experienced all the good things, then it makes sense that some of you would want to try the bad things.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I think you may be taking a classical meaning of "Heart" a bit far...The heart of you being and your Heart are very different things. In the line of thinking you presented you could also assume that "Intestinal fortitude" leads to the conclusion that your will and determination come from your Intestinal tract.... I do how ever believe that we are the sum of our parts, and that each and every piece of us makes us who we are. Though I still think you may have taken it a bit literally.

Back on subject, This is very interesting, but old news. We, contrary to the Headline, cannot live with out a heart of some kind. We still need a pump to circulated oxygenated blood around our body. The pulse, I'm not sure and have no facts to back it up, but I'm going to guess that there is a very specific reason we have a pulse and our heart isn't designed to continuously pump with out noticeable breaks, or a pattern. Best I can guess is that it's alot easier to decrease the time between each pump (pump faster) then to increase the volume through in a constant manner. To make it work the other way you would have to have ALOT of pressure (such as you find in a plumbing system) and that would be hard to maintain in a moving body.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
whilst this is a step forward and an headline grabbing one at that "The man with no heartbeat!" the basic tech is extremely primitive and clunky in its application.

In 2009 I worked with a team from auckland university working on electro-actuating elastomers for artificial limbs and organs (in essence synthetic muscles) made from flexible composites (silicone type material) that when you passed an electrical current through the material it contracted and relaxed when the current was shut off. the bonus was that the reverse was true, contract the material manually and it generated a current. we were working on, engines a few millimetres thick with no "moving parts" (gears and motors) artificial limbs that perfectly imitate the original part and even shoes that would charge your iPod (make the sole of the shoe out of the elastomer and as you run/walk the compression of your footfall would generate a current) Personally I wanted to take it in a "exosuit" type direction with a thin bodysuit of the material (imagine a wetsuit) that would link to a larger system and thus have perfect control over the device. (wasn't enough funding sadly)

The end goal was to get the power consumption down so low that you could use the bodys heat (via ambient heatsink tech also under development at the time) to power the device internally and hook it up to the nervous system, Its still a year or two off but I saw some incredible things whilst I worked with them

now that was an amazing leap forward.
edit on 5/2/2012 by TreehouseIndustries because: grammatical incompetence

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Fopicon

ETA: I gotta add this because a lot of people have commented while i was researching. This article is very MISLEADING. Please read on to find out why......

Welcome to ATS!

This is in no way a strike against ya, because your linked article is recent....but the story is NOT!! I did some searching and found some better info on this. First, here is the original article from the Texas Heart Institute that gives the complete story. It is from March of last year:

Texas Heart Institute

Second...here is a follow-up article from June of last year. The patient later died from his other illnesses. Also, this device is a long ways off (still) from being a replacement to heart transplants. It is externally powered AND controlled....it needs a console to run it!

June 2011 follow-up article

"It is a good life-saving pump, but the limitation of it is that it is externally powered and externally driven, and it requires a large console," said Frazier. "So, if we are really going to impact the premature death from heart failure, we have to have a pump that is implantable and can replace the heart."

So while it is a milestone....it is still a long ways away from being used except in very extreme cases where the person is waiting for a transplant.

This thread really should have ended here, or at least redirected the conversation. Its like very few even bothered to read the links, allow me.

The patient later died because of conditions unrelated to the heart operation, but Cohn says the implanted heart worked well.

"He went five weeks and his blood pressure and the flow through his body and his oxygenation was beautiful throughout that interval," recalled Cohn.

Normally when a person works or exercises, the heart beats faster so that more blood can flow to the muscles in need of energy and to the lungs where the blood is oxygenated. But Cohn says the continuous-flow heart does the same without the pulsation.

"If the conditions change so that the amount of blood arriving to the pump increases, the flow through the pump will increase," added Cohn. "It sort of has the ability to automatically increase its flow like the mammalian heart, which is, perhaps, the biggest advantage of all."

The man had no mobility, the heart required an external device to power it, regulate it, this is far from a cyber man, its simply a in-house life prolonger, till they hook up a real one. Its peculiar how the doctors refer to this patient, 'he went 5 weeks' and all. Our machine worked beautifully, too bad the guy died.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It's real. I work in the hospital with the people mentioned in the article. It was done at St. Luke's in Houston. There is another similar system called SynCardia that leaves the patient with no pulse or heart beat. SynCardia

These devices are considered bridges until a transplant can be done.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
NOw all we need is a nuclear powered garden hose

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Heil Cyborg! Next Nanotransformers, and go to Univers!! bye bye santa,gods, religions, this is the new STEP!!

I hope to have some nanocyborg females like Monica Belluci, Angelina etc to do everything !! you know what i mean!!

edit on 5-2-2012 by sabalsis1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Biology and machines come together. The "Tin Man" -- if I only had a heart, ...

Pretty amazing - let's replace all of our organs with machines.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I found your post really interesting in a number of ways. I also believe in the Creator Father/Mother God, but also in the hierarchy of beings in the heaven world beyond our physical vision. Many people have claimed to see angelic beings. Many beings are associated with the development of earth and the system of worlds. Angels, Archangels, Elohim, Ascended Masters, Cosmic Beings, Angel Devas, Manus, and the Elemental Builders of Form. Children have been known to see the Elementals who work to keep the physical earth healthy. I recently ran across some sites which feature pictures of clouds where evidently the Sylphs of the air element were busy repairing the atmosphere from the toxic chemtrails, and supposedly some humans can see the sylphs.
Anyway, to get back to the main feature of your post regarding the heart, yes the heart is where the God Self is anchored, the crystal chord of life is anchored, and from there the energy is distributed to all the other chakras. This is why in meditation one can focus on the heart.
The heart chakra in purified state is pink.
www.shangrala.org...

On the other hand, the Seat of the Soul chakra anchors the soul and the purified color is violet
www.shangrala.org...

Prayer is a way to contact God and it is true that sincere prayer is more effective than an empty prayer. When I was first learning about all these things, someone recommended a book to me on Thought Forms. Essentially,. thoughts are things and energy coalesces around a thought form and when the will and desire is applied to it, it has a better chance of materializing. The principle of this is that we are co-creators with God. He gave us free will and karma occurs when we go against the great Will of God, the Laws of Cosmos which keep the Cosmos unified and operating.
Our God is a God of Love and Law and Wisdom, and the ancients knew this. In the bible there is even a passage.
Paul's letter to the Corinthians

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

www.biblegateway.com...

These three qualities reside as emanations within the heart chakra. The French Fleur de Lis is a symbolic representation of that three-fold flame of the heart.

When the heart stops beating, the crystal chord is withdrawn from the chakra and the body and returns to the God Self until the next incarnation.

But the question here regarding this heart pump....is since the natural heart is gone and replaced with a fake pump, is the crystal chord removed leaving just a shell? Or is the soul still anchored in the seat of the soul chakra. The man is still alive, so I'm assuming the crystal chord is still operable, but then again, I've heard about robots which appear human(Future Shock-Alvin Toffler) and could be living among us.

Edit: oh wait, the guy died, so evidently it wasn't enough to sustain him

edit on 5-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

This is a good illustration why there is no actual consciousness produced from simple mechanics. Consciousness is a mystery of life not a mechanical activity. When the life force is withdrawn from the body, the body dies.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PriestOfAries
reply to post by np6888

I think you may be taking a classical meaning of "Heart" a bit far...The heart of you being and your Heart are very different things. In the line of thinking you presented you could also assume that "Intestinal fortitude" leads to the conclusion that your will and determination come from your Intestinal tract.... I do how ever believe that we are the sum of our parts, and that each and every piece of us makes us who we are. Though I still think you may have taken it a bit literally.

Back on subject, This is very interesting, but old news. We, contrary to the Headline, cannot live with out a heart of some kind. We still need a pump to circulated oxygenated blood around our body. The pulse, I'm not sure and have no facts to back it up, but I'm going to guess that there is a very specific reason we have a pulse and our heart isn't designed to continuously pump with out noticeable breaks, or a pattern. Best I can guess is that it's alot easier to decrease the time between each pump (pump faster) then to increase the volume through in a constant manner. To make it work the other way you would have to have ALOT of pressure (such as you find in a plumbing system) and that would be hard to maintain in a moving body.

Lol, well it so happens that there are chakras or energy centers which translate spiritual energy into physical energy we can use. Each chakra corresponds to a certain gland in the body. ie Third eye-pineal, Crown-pituitary,

the Solar Plexus is in the digestive area

The Solar Plexus Chakra is located midway between the navel and the base of the sternum. It supports the spleen, pancreas, stomach, and liver [Chia, p.243]. Each of these vital organs in addition is associated with its own chakra, just as the heart, lungs, and kidneys are.

www.kheper.net...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

I HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE. WATCH CRANK 2

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In the words of the great Kanye West... "How could you be so heartless?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join