It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1982 Florida- Area in Keys Secedes From Nation and Comes Out the Victor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Due to a blockade near the mainland by the boarder patrol the Key's were cut off from vehicular travel. When the issue could not be resolved through normal channels, the people lead by the governor, opted out of U.S. government and formed the Conch Republic. They then declared war on the U.S. followed by immediate surrender but they were not done yet! When the terms of surrender were complete they asked the U.S. for aid and received it. Link below. www.conchrepublic.com... Sorry mods if I broke any rules or posted in wrong area. Kinda new here and can't seem to find info or how-tos
edit on 4-2-2012 by ajay59 because: here in the the physical form anway

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Gotta say, I love their motto too!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
That is a pretty amazing story truth be told.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hmmmm, gives me an idear, I LIGHTvsDARK hereby declare myself a sovereign Republic.

Now, to pay for my Republic, it is time to throw a party!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Sure would like secede from my state at times. The Repuglic of Ajay has a nice ring to it. lmao

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This is mostly a gag -- it was a "mock" secession, not a real one. You can read more about it on Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sounds like where the script for" the mouse that roared" came from....
If this is real i have to hand it to these guys......

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
This is mostly a gag -- it was a "mock" secession, not a real one. You can read more about it on Wikipedia.
None the less, the possibillity of change is real. My unstated point is, maybe the change of the way the current govt. thinks of the people as their servants would be easier and more effective in this manner.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Any way, just a thought.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Haven't heard of this one in a while, LOL - I remember looking into a lot of those 'micronations', places like Sealand, etc., the whole "PT" (permanent tourist, perpetual traveler, or whatever you want to call it), camouflage passports and the like, but unfortunately the Conch Republic is just a PR stunt.

Still a S+F for you, for finding one of the more obscure 'micronations'.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join