It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Iranian or have family living in Iran? Please share your views with us!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I absolutely disagree with your promotion of America every time about waring everyone in the world because 'everyone is evil, only America isn't' when in most cases the wars aren't democarcy or you listen to the CNN Blah blah blah? In most cases it is nothing but PERSONAL INTERESTS usually related to getting money out of it.. lots of money.

In the case of Nuclears however, I would agree about the concern if Iran gets them because Arabs who are usually against anything non-muslim could without thinking use the nuclears as a weapon. And it basically isn't safe Arabs who hate the rest of the world on not being ther religion to have such weapons when I say SCREW RELIGION OF ALL KINDS

Imtor...I am sick and tired of watching the U.S. Military have to go around the world and straighten out NUT JOBS who endanger everyone!

I have been in the field many times and we do this to prevent problems not start them! I am not trying to promote America...I am trying to get other people to do their own dirty work and GROW A PAIR!
I notice you don't have much to say about the thousands of Iranian youth and students who were shot and secretly buried or disapeered! But then again...it is not YOU who is being BEATEN TO DEATH just because you are carrying a sign or posting a picture on the net from your cell phone. What about the hundreds of Iranians who were tracked down and shot over a picture? Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

This might have been true during the Iran/Iraq war

The people actually did dislike their government a whole lot more back then, so imagine now.

just as it was not the case during the Iraq / U.S. war.

What I'm saying is that if you, even in theory, approach Iran as if it were another Iraq - then you will be sorely mistaken.

the same would happen in Iran as it is one thing to fight for your country but quite another to fight for some nut who tells you to fight and die even though you have ZERO chance of winning...

You don't seem to understand. Once a foreign agressors attacks Iran there is no fighting for a nut anymore. There is no listening to a nut anymore. Even the ayatollahs will humble themselves...and then...you're not fighting against the government of Iran but you're fighting against a huge chunk out of 70 million people. Heck, I bet the Kurdish seperatists would also turn against any foreign agressors. Not to mention Russia and China...

Once again, maybe in military circles they refer to Iran as a second Iraq to keep up morale or to give the military a boost in confidence...

I can tell you one thing...look at the amount of suicides in the US military. If Iran were to be invaded you can expect that number of suicides to grow to at least ten/twenty/thirty times what it is now.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Answer not good enough?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No, I don't know what it is like there, nor I need to know, I understand that some regimes have to fall but when the US is doing it every time it's becoming too much like intervention all the time. And inspite of all you're saying, there is always the economy gain out of it. Are you seriously fanboy-ing your government thinking their actions are always correct? Of course if you have been part of it, you'd think like that..

How much are you spending on wars, you also go through economic crisis, aren't American citizens suffering a bit when all money goes to wars? Also black projects and black budget, gawd knows what's going on there. I think the US already have more advanced technology than others if not compared to Russia, China that can afford it. And im sure this technology is kept secret for more serious cases, like in case the America's national secruity is ever questioned, am I right?
edit on 5-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Answer not good enough?

Your answer is just fine. By the way, the "uneducated" remark is not coming from me. That's between other posters in this thread, derailing it. I'm a foreigner myself so I understand the difference between Americans and the rest of the world, at least from that point of view. I don't understand why anyone would be warmongering either and that's where my original post comes from. I don't understand why anyone would want their people blown to bits. I agree, it would only create more hate for the Americans and Israelis. If Americans decided to blow my country to bits I wouldn't be happy about it either, especially since I have most of my family and friends still living there. Even when Communism had a stronghold on the country I still would not have advocated a war. People within that country need to stand up and make a change, not let other countries interfere..... UNLESS the citizens themselves are truly begging for help.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I have been trying to explain to you that the U.S. Military as well as Intell services is in close communication with not only the Democracy Movement but certain Iranians Military contacts. This has been done in an effort to save lives should Irans Radical Islamic Leadership do something stupid...they most likely won't....but if they do...the U.S. does not want civilian deaths on their hands nor does the U.S. Navies Fifth Fleet want to kill thousands of Iranian Sailors who have no chance of survival against any U.S. Military response.

You just do not understand the disparity between the two Militaries. The Iranian Military Leaders of all Iranian Military forces might go into a meeting with their Radical Islamic President and other Religious leaders and when asked to destroy the U.S. Navy and let the Blood of the Infidels turn the sea Red...they may NOD THEIR HEADS and leave the meeting pledging to do so.....but in private...all of these Military Leaders KNOW...if it comes to a WAR...they are SCREWED!

This happened in IRAQ after one Republican Guard Division of about 100,000 men were simply...wiped out of existance....they put 30,000 Reserve troops in Sand Burns in front of them and the true hard core division of about 70,000 Republican guard troops equipt with the best equipment....never even knew what hit them.

A Large Grouping of B-52's using Carpet Bombing Techniques but with smart munitions that burst over a target and sent hundreds of High Explosive Mini-Smart Bombs to destroy everything and anything that was detected by Heat signature.....wiped out this entire division. This particular division was targeted because they had been responsible and had a reputation of atrocities.

Immediatly after this strike Multiple Iraqi Divisions sent personel to communicate their intentions to surrender.

This would be similar in Iran. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I have been trying to explain to you that the U.S. Military as well as Intell services is in close communication with not only the Democracy Movement but certain Iranians Military contacts.

That may well be...but...

The Iranian Military Leaders of all Iranian Military forces might go into a meeting with their Radical Islamic President and other Religious leaders and when asked to destroy the U.S. Navy and let the Blood of the Infidels turn the sea Red...they may NOD THEIR HEADS and leave the meeting pledging to do so

When you say such a thing...do you know that even a single Iranian death will rally every Iranian to fight for their 'turf'? You don't seem to understand the difference in between Iraq and Iran.

This would be similar in Iran.

And I keep telling you it will not be the same. What was the saying? "Previously gained results are no guarantee for the future?"

The real clincher is of course, that there won't be a war with Iran. Iran was dealt with in '79, these days it's more like a scarecrow...one that is worth a lot of money to certain key players. So my guess is that Iran is the diversion and Pakistan is the future area of conflict.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Pakistan has some serious problems...I have met many different types of Pakistanis both there and in the U.S. A person who is a guest in a Pakistani household is treated with the utmost respect. They have an ancient tradition of treating their guests as if their life depended upon it and this was the case when Bin laden was accepted by certain groups as a guest.

There is also a Modern Pakistan that understands that Jenna...the founder and Leader of Pakistan founded Pakistan as a Secular Nation....if you were to go into certain tribal areas...they would call you a liar for saying this...never the less it is true but many believe Pakistan was founded as an Islamic state.

The whole problem here is TIME. Iran has about 12 to 18 months left before it's Pro-Democracy movement throws out the Old Guard. This Movement represents close to 90% of all Iranians and the last thing the U.S. wants to do is go to war with people who want what we want. However if Iranian Leadership wants to go down with the ship and either tries to block the Strait or even worse DECLARES they have a Nuclear Weapon...whether it is true or not....the U.S. will HAVE to go in...as the only thing that has prevented the Israelis from bombing Iranian Nuclear sites has been the U.S. Bombing these sites would make the whole region radioactive so the U.S. has ADVANCED TECH> options to handle affairs such as these and thousands of U.S. Special Forces as well as Airborne Rangers would have to go in and secure these sites. To prevent widespread civilian Deaths the U.S. will use Non-Nuclear EMP devises to render an Iranian Counter Attack Useless. We would not allow Israel into the Fight as this would create too many problems. Unfortunately for the Iranian Navy and the Iranian Airforce....the U.S. Fifth Fleet would destry these completely....and loss of life would be in the Tens of thousands...I hope the Iranians are not crazy enough to do this and China and Russia have already told Iran...they will not get involved.

Pakistan may have Nuclear Weapons but for the U.S. that is not an issue as we have the ability to destroy these or render them useless or shoot any Missle Down. The current state of the U.S. ABM and Freee Electron Laser system cannot be overstated...this tech. is DECADES in advance of any other country and a year ago...a modified S-3 blew up a satelitte in orbit traveling at over 15,000 mph. This was to destroy the SATS fuel booster tank that was deadly poisonous if it had crashed anywhere near people....the real purpose was to test the modified S-3 as an ABM or ICBM KILLER. The Freee Electron Laser of which there are two Nuclear Land Versions...one in Alaska and one in Canada...as well as an unknown number at sea...but all U.S. Carriers and Ageis Class Cruisers will soon have Nuclear Powered Versions of this type of Laser installed...IS THE ULTIMATE WEAPON. Discover Magazine has stated that a Nuclear version of this type of Laser can burn a hole through 1000 feet of SOLID STEEL IN SECONDS....that was not a misprint. It will make Nuclear Weapons OBSOLETE...this weapon in conjuction with a Mirrored SAT system and several Super Computers will be able to destroy or VAPORIZE any quantity of incoming MIRV's or Nuclear Warheads from ICBMS....they would be targeted at the speed of light using a world wide integrated system. This is not SCI-FI...it is NOW. The U.S. only fears a possibility if Pakistans Nuclear Weapons should fall into the wrong Hands. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join