It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Iranian or have family living in Iran? Please share your views with us!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Text- There's really no point in attacking Iran(of course there is if you want control of the region /oil) but not because of a "threat". I seriously doubt Iran will attack any other country, they're not stupid.Everyone knows that the american army wouldn't ultimately win a war. What would Iran get out of starting a war anyways.What people fear is getting bombed by the americans or isrealis for no good reason.
reply to post by twelvethirtyfour

This is very true - and it's evident that it's all about the NWO.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha03011972
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Many people (including americans ) oppose the american government. Do you feel another country should bombs us into the stoneage ? I am not meaning to be rude BUT THINK !

The American People ellect the American Goverment on many levels...towns and cities, Districts and States....all the way to the Federal Level. No other country in the world has as many checks and balances.

Now as far as Iran goes...current estimates have the Iranian regime with only 12 to 18 months left before being over taken by Pro-Democracy Movements. and there is NO DOUBT BY ANYONE ON THIS PLANET...that if it was not for the United States saying NO....Israel would have already bombed Iranian Nuclear Sites.

Even the Most Hardcore Islamic groups agree with this assessment. So what needs to be done? With any luck...the current Iranian regime will allow Nuclear inspectors back in. If they do not or do something stupid like actually try to block the strait or declare to the world they have developed a Nuclear Weapon whether true or not....the U.S. Military will act and will do so in a way to prevent civilian caualties.

The U.S. will not allow Israel to bomb nuke sites because that would poison the whole Middle East so the U.S. Military will go it alone....use Special Forces and Airborne Rangers to secure all Nuclear sites as the U.S. Fifth Fleet destrys the entire Iranian NAVY and AIRFORCE...but secret talks have begun between Iranian and USN forces in the same way that Iraqi forces made deals outside of their leadership. The Iranian Navy and Airforce knows they cannot survive even an initial strike by U.S. Forces so rather than have a Grand Massacre....they will most likely disobey any order to close the STRAIT or attack U.S. Forces as this is SUICIDE not an Honorable battle. You cannot expect soldiers amd sailors to wage war KNOWING they will die for NOTHING and it is hopeful Iranian Military commanders will not follow their Leaderships orders.

Stilll...there will be Hard Core loyalists who may stage a counter attack on Special Forces dropped in to secure Iranian Nuclear Facilities...in this case the U.S. will have the first Battlefield use of it's new...Non-Nuclear EMP devices...one fits in the internal bomb bay of an F-22 Raptor and B-2's can carry...I am not sure on this one...18 larger to 27 smaller EMP devices. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I absolutely disagree with your promotion of America every time about waring everyone in the world because 'everyone is evil, only America isn't' when in most cases the wars aren't democarcy or you listen to the CNN Blah blah blah? In most cases it is nothing but PERSONAL INTERESTS usually related to getting money out of it.. lots of money.

In the case of Nuclears however, I would agree about the concern if Iran gets them because Arabs who are usually against anything non-muslim could without thinking use the nuclears as a weapon. And it basically isn't safe Arabs who hate the rest of the world on not being ther religion to have such weapons when I say SCREW RELIGION OF ALL KINDS

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My best friend is Iranian. There used to be about 200,000 Iranians in the Uk. I think that was the 80s so there's probably a lot more now.

From what I can gather, Iranians often yearn back to the days of the Shah when there was a lot more freedom in the country, but I think it was the US and UK who helped put an end to that.

When ayatollah khomeini was in power some UK Iranians I knew would say they're going to meet him, when they were really visiting the toilet for a number 2.

My friend has said on a number of occasions he would like there to be some sort of war so that Iran can go back to the old ways which were more advanced than the state of the place right now. He doesn't want his people slaughtered, just the removal of the numpties running the place today.

My friend's brother is a policeman in Iran. One time (years ago) he actually had to shoot at thousands of protesting students. A lot of people died that day. He didn't want to do it, it was his job and there is no choice over there.

I've been told if I was ever to visit Iran and knock at a door, no matter how poor they might be in the house, I'd get the best seat and the best food, even if they were to go without, they'd treat me like royalty. I believe that.

edit on 4-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Israeli policy is to blame for past and future events that might develop in the middle east .Iran speak the truth fact: the state of Israel has no right to be there ...period ..only 40 years ago Israel/Iran/USA had been close due to having a westernized monarchy (puppet state) since they went there own way ,they have endured sanction after sanction because they wont bend to the will of the occupied state (Israel)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well this thread has spiraled down in to a mess.....

Higher Education in Iran
Demographic Comparisions

It always bugs me when Americans can't stand the idea of any other country being educated. As for Iran v American, what are you talking about? Reading scores? College grads? There is plenty more info out there to show Iran is not a country of idiots - you can surely find it if YOU are smart enough.

BUT, to focus on the OP's question, your best bet is to watch/read/follow Iranian news sources. If you can't find English translations, try following international media - American "news" is a disaster. A lot of news is recycled around, but I usually prefer BBC for the basics.

Iran Media

It sounds like what you really want is to hear voices from Iran itself. Do a search on Facebook for Iran - there are a bunch of groups you might want to join. You can also find You Tube or CNN channels with "iReports" from local (often young) Iranians.

You could also try your alma matter, or other universities - they often have student groups, lecture series, programs, etc. you could attend (or join online discussions). I just did a quick search for "Iranian studies" and found a bunch of options.

Last, Google "iranian discussion forum" - you will find A LOT more on some of those sites than ATS.

Bravo for expanding your perspective, understanding and discussions!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha03011972

Many people (including americans ) oppose the american government. Do you feel another country should bombs us into the stoneage ? I am not meaning to be rude BUT THINK !

Some of you need to re-read what I'm asking in the OP. I didn't mention why I'm asking this question, but be assured that I am AGAINST the attack on Iran. I absolutely realize that an attack on Iran would cause a lot of innocent people to die. I was having a conversation last night with an Iranian American who seemed to think the attack on Iran was a GOOD idea. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. When I confronted the person with things like death toll, chaos and needless bloodshed, this person told me that Iranians are very oppressed by their government and it sounded to me like this person claimed Iranians would welcome the change. I still don't understand, but I was told I don't understand because I'm not Iranian, I've never lived in Iran and our cultures are just too different. I don't believe this, but before I go on I needed a second or third or fourth opinion on the conflict. People responding in this thread need to realize I'm asking for their opinions on the conflict, not their opinions on my intelligence. I ask the question for a good reason and not because I'm too stupid to realize that war is bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
My best friend is Iranian. There used to be about 200,000 Iranians in the Uk. I think that was the 80s so there's probably a lot more now.

From what I can gather, Iranians often yearn back to the days of the Shah when there was a lot more freedom in the country, but I think it was the US and UK who helped put an end to that.

When ayatollah khomeini was in power some UK Iranians I knew would say they're going to meet him, when they were really visiting the toilet for a number 2.

My friend has said on a number of occasions he would like there to be some sort of war so that Iran can go back to the old ways which were more advanced than the state of the place right now. He doesn't want his people slaughtered, just the removal of the numpties running the place today.

My friend's brother is a policeman in Iran. One time (years ago) he actually had to shoot at thousands of protesting students. A lot of people died that day. He didn't want to do it, it was his job and there is no choice over there.

I've been told if I was ever to visit Iran and knock at a door, no matter how poor they might be in the house, I'd get the best seat and the best food, even if they were to go without, they'd treat me like royalty. I believe that.

edit on 4-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU for your reply. So far it's been one of the only few that actually try to answer my question. Your friend's opinion (on some level) sounds like the reply I got from the Iranian American I was speaking with. This person basically claimed that a war with Iran would mean regime change, and although there would be blood-shed, it would be better for Iranians when this Government was removed in this way than not. My argument was that it seems to me like a better option would be for all the Iranians getting together and overthrowing their own Government with any means possible. I mean... if they are this desperate for a regime change and they just simply can't stand it to the point where they welcome a bombing into the dark ages from Israel and America, an revolution would be more beneficial to them. If they expect to die either way, wouldn't it be better to die as they fight their own Government, or by the force of Israel and Iran? If Israel and the U.S. take over Iran, they may simply replace one tyrant for another, or may destabilize the region the way they did with Iraq. Maybe even worse times await them if they leave their fates to the Americans. Maybe you can ask your friend how they feel about it and what they think should be done? Thank you again for sticking with the topic.

P.S. If most Iranians feel they WANT this war to rid themselves of their current regime, then why am I wasting all this energy speaking out against it..... other than trying to save us another trillion dollars of debt? Naturally I don't want to see any loss of life and that's my first reason, but if Iranians are telling me they wouldn't mind (which I find insane and sad, by the way) then who am I to stop them from getting what they want? This is why I need more opinions straight from the horse's mouth.
edit on 4-2-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nobody likes a war, but I think they feel this way only because they have zealots in charge and only something extreme will get rid of them.

Having freedom and then having it all taken away must be tough. I can't imagine if suddenly I'm not allowed to listen to radio, play pool or cards, show my hair in public, or even my wrists because there's some black clad idiot nearby who's allowed to come along and whip me till I cover up. I think maybe some of that is relaxing again but the zealots and their mood swings are still in charge.

I remember another Iranian friend I had in the 80s. He was able to talk to family at home via some secret telephone set up back in Iran. One night he talked to them and came off the phone very upset. Some officials had knocked on his family's door and entered the house. Because mother didn't have a cover on her hair (you're allowed to keep it uncovered in the home) they got aggressive and abusive and called her a few names. My friend's brother and uncle started arguing with them and they were taken away. I don't know what happened after that. If life's like that then you'll want someone to step in and stop it if you cant.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My sister in law married an Iranian man and they both live here in the USA. They visit his Iranian family with whom he is very close. I have only had one conversation with him concerning the problems between the two nations. He said that there are those within the Iranian community/govt who would love, and most likely are seeking ways to develop nuclear weapons, but there are also those who are against it, or do not even have knowledge of it, just as he feels there are those within the US govt who want to invade irregardless of Iran trying to create nuclear weapons or not. He can't stand how either government is behaving, but most of all he fears for his family in Iran.

Our situation is even more awkward because my husband is a soldier, so there is that uncomfortable possibility that if there was a war, my husband would have to fight his own brother in laws people......even some of his family perhaps.

When my dad was working in Pakistan, Bin Laden was killed and a few weeks later he had to leave because the situation had become too volatile....meaning they no longer knew who they could trust within the pakistani community/govt.

I asked him how the Pakistani govt could have not known bin ladens whereabouts, and my dad said the same thing......there are those within the pakistani govt who did know about bin laden, but they were not about to reveal it to those who were USA friendly.

There are no easy solutions to this problem, i agree with my brother in law....there are people hell bent on war, on both sides. I guess, the question is how much power do these people have to actually push their agendas through?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Do you really think Iranians can just go on the internet and say whatever they want without the fear of being dragged off in the night and killed? You're naive, arent' you? Iran is a country where women are murdered if they try to escape marrying the man their father chooses for them. It's not America.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Text- There's really no point in attacking Iran(of course there is if you want control of the region /oil) but not because of a "threat". I seriously doubt Iran will attack any other country, they're not stupid.Everyone knows that the american army wouldn't ultimately win a war. What would Iran get out of starting a war anyways.What people fear is getting bombed by the americans or isrealis for no good reason.
reply to post by twelvethirtyfour

This is very true - and it's evident that it's all about the NWO.

What if their leader is a man who believes that starting such a war will bring in the 13th mahdi or whatever their word is for savior? You seem to think that leaders of countries are never insane. You seem to think people always think sensibly.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that the regime in Iran is awful, and many people would be more than delighted to see it demolished. What people do NOT want, however, is another Iraq/Afghanistan scenario. If there is to be another Iranian revolution/insurrection, the Iranian people should be behind it, not the CIA or our troops. We saw what happened with the last coup we attempted.

Our government has no intention of helping the Iranian people overthrow their government for their own sake; we want a pro-western puppet government in place of the current regime, we also want to please our corporate owners by preventing Iran by entering the Nuclear fuel-rod market, and we want to keep the value of our dollar backed by oil.

I strongly doubt that the people of any country want their current gov't replaced by a puppet gov't, regardless of how bad it is. People want to be sovereign.

By the way, I don't think Iran has any ICBMs, so I don't understand how it can be of any threat to America. They hardly have missiles that can reach Israel. The warmongers keep saying that Iran is a threat; how so, exactly? Sure, they may become a threat to the dollar, but that is not reason enough to want to destroy a country and kill millions of people.

Also, you could argue that the average Iranian is better educated than the average American (then again, who from any country outside of the third world isn't?) because they have a much more rigorous and demanding educational system. America is actually pretty low on the list in terms of academic rigor and education.

Foreign nations may not speak English fluently, but they do delve much deeper into it (since it is a more or less international language) than we do Spanish, French, German, Latin, etc in our public schools. There are also similarities between Farsi and Arabic, as far as I know, and many people from the region do understand the basics of both languages.

In terms of technology and science, of course, top American universities take the cake, hence why so many international students come here for secondary education.

Basically, yes, the Iranian regime needs to go, but, no, we should not be the ones behind it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
Do you really think Iranians can just go on the internet and say whatever they want without the fear of being dragged off in the night and killed? You're naive, arent' you? Iran is a country where women are murdered if they try to escape marrying the man their father chooses for them. It's not America.

No, Hillarie, but there are many Iranian Americans in the U.S. who have either escaped, were born here but still have family in Iran that they keep in touch with, or have parents who escaped before their children were born. These are the people I'm trying to get in touch with.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Do you view your country of origin/home as a danger to the world?

Absolutely not.

How do you feel about your own Government and what would you change about it if you had the power to do so?

It's not my government. If I had any power I'd be looking into secularizing the government, remove any religious taxing - but preferably tax them all for the troll factor. But first I'd try to find a way around the trade sanctions because they are hurting the people bad.

What is your opinion on what should be done?

You got a couple of years? It needs a secular government and it needs to be able to trade freely. A war would only help the religious government and religious zealots to get a foothold, as they are slipping away.

Do you view an Israeli/U.S. attack on Iran as a positive or negative step for Iran?

Nothing could be more disastrous for the people of Iran. So really, I can't possibly imagine any sane Iranian to be war mongering...doesn't make sense.

And I LOL @ the "uneducated" remarks. I know that Iranians, in this Western country I live, are even more educated than the native population, let alone any minority(research showed it).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You cannot expect soldiers amd sailors to wage war KNOWING they will die for NOTHING and it is hopeful Iranian Military commanders will not follow their Leaderships orders.

Think again buddy. They will die just to prevent giving up even a millimeter of Iranian land to any foreign power. So it would be really bad if any foreign agressor were to make the first move. It kind of takes that whole "distrust of the chain of command away"...because then none of them really care about their duties but only about the countries preservation.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It would be nice if people would read the title of this thread first before replying.

From actually reading the title of the thread, it appears obvious to me that the [color=skyblue]OP is looking for personal views and feedback from IRANIANS.

Its is rather annoying having to read through dozens of replies just to find one or two replies coming from an Iranian, or coming from someone who actually talked directly with an Iranian to relate THEIR views to us.

Get with it folks. Read the title.

edit on 4-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I have an Iranian friend and he says the feeling there with the young is that they have had enough of their government and change is needed. However they think it should be dealt with internally and just like most people on ATS they would fight to defend their motherland from invasion.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I have an Iranian friend and he says the feeling there with the young is that they have had enough of their government and change is needed. However they think it should be dealt with internally and just like most people on ATS they would fight to defend their motherland from invasion.

And we should butt out of their business and let them handle things themselves. Only Israel and the Israeli supporters in the American government that wants war with Iran.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

You cannot expect soldiers amd sailors to wage war KNOWING they will die for NOTHING and it is hopeful Iranian Military commanders will not follow their Leaderships orders.

Think again buddy. They will die just to prevent giving up even a millimeter of Iranian land to any foreign power. So it would be really bad if any foreign agressor were to make the first move. It kind of takes that whole "distrust of the chain of command away"...because then none of them really care about their duties but only about the countries preservation.

This might have been true during the Iran/Iraq war....but it will not be the case...just as it was not the case during the Iraq / U.S. war. After entire Iraqi divisions were WIPED OUT by B-52's running Carpet Bombing Missions...but using weapons that...unlike those used in Nam...once they got close to a target...changed direction to hit it directly as one of a possible 84 smart munitons...of the same size as a 500lbs gravity drop or 42 of the same size as a 750lbs grvity drop bomb can destroy 15 to 25 enemy targets each per bomb.

This caused entire divisions of Iraqi Soldiers to surrender with permission of their Generals...the same would happen in Iran as it is one thing to fight for your country but quite another to fight for some nut who tells you to fight and die even though you have ZERO chance of winning...never mind the fact that every other General or Naval or Iranian Airforce Officer KNOWS....they are being told to die for nothing! Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join