It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Iranian or have family living in Iran? Please share your views with us!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by bluemirage5

The reason I posed this question is because I am having a discussion with an Iranian American acquaintance right now, and this person seems supportive of the idea of America and Israel ridding Iran of it's current Government. My position is that I OPPOSE the war. I am in favor of the Iranians overthrowing their own Government if they are unhappy with it, but this person claims that I don't understand Iranian culture if I can't understand why this person is in favor of an attack. This is why I came here and posed this question. No, I don't think I have Iranian friends. I have friends from many different cultures, but Iran is not one of them as far as I know. I say it with uncertainty, because there are a couple of better acquaintances who identify themselves as Persians, but I do not see them enough to call them "friends". Does that answer clarify things for you? I posed the question because I'm trying to figure out whether other Iranians share this person's views, or whether this person is alone in their opinion. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

You can tell your acquaintance that the last thing that the U.S. wants is to have to go to war with IRAN...a country that the United States has been studying for decades on how to promote democracy and how to rid the Iranian People of an over bearing Old Guard Ancient Islamic Law Rulership.

There are entire Societies and other groups headed by Former Iranian citizens who are now Americans that raise money to bring Democracy to Iran. I am very well aware on how brutal the current regime has been against their own people and particularily their students who no longer wish to live under archaic laws and desre freedom.

These people are not enemies of the U.S. but need our help. The United States is preventing Israel from bombing Iranian Nuclear sites and if this was done it would poison the whole Middle East. The current Iranian Leadership is making it very difficult for any peace process but I think it will take Irans own people to solve this problem in the best case and least of violent outcomes. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Well, in Quebec Canada, www.24hmontreal.canoe.ca...

but I don't get the point you're trying to make, we're idiots and dont go on the internet? What does that even have to do with the OP.
edit on 4-2-2012 by twelvethirtyfour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
About 4 years ago me and my two boys took a road trip to the Grand Canyon. On our way there we stopped at a small town in Utah and stayed overnight at a hotel. While soaking in the hot tub I met the most beautiful woman I had ever had the privilege to talk to. She was a twenty something Iranian woman who was living in Denmark and was taking a bus tour of all the national parks in the Utah area. All I remember was that her and her mother were very friendly people and it was such an honor to get to meet them both. As far as I can remember they were the only Iranians I have ever met and I will never forget that stunning woman.

I suspect that there are a lot of Iranians that are like many of us in the USA, they are tired of their governments BS and just want to live in peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by quedup

The majority of Iranians ARE very well educated; in fact far more educated than a majority of Americans - or even Australians.

Most Iranians can read English and are able to speak basic English. However, a majority of Iranians are fluent in 2 or more languages.

Most Americans think Iranians are Arab. They are the first of the Aryan people, they speak Farsi and their country is more modern than Israel and many parts of America.

A potato is about as educated as the majority of Americans; I would say that a majority of Australians are just as smart as Iranians tho, although they have plenty of idiots as well.
I think the American society doesn’t require intelligence so people adapting to their environment never need to be smart.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by twelvethirtyfour

Well, in Quebec Canada, www.24hmontreal.canoe.ca...

but I don't get the point you're trying to make, we're idiots and dont go on the internet? What does that even have to do with the OP.

What are you talking about? I don't think you meant to reply to me...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

If you attend school more often you will find all these things out for yourself - it comes under 'research'.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

reply to post by quedup

The majority of Iranians ARE very well educated; in fact far more educated than a majority of Americans - or even Australians.

Most Iranians can read English and are able to speak basic English. However, a majority of Iranians are fluent in 2 or more languages.

Most Americans think Iranians are Arab. They are the first of the Aryan people, they speak Farsi and their country is more modern than Israel and many parts of America.

A potato is about as educated as the majority of Americans; I would say that a majority of Australians are just as smart as Iranians tho, although they have plenty of idiots as well.
I think the American society doesn’t require intelligence so people adapting to their environment never need to be smart.

If were so stupid, then why are you making the generalizations about Americans?

Sounds a little hypocritical wouldnt you say? In all your vast wisdom?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

As an intelligent American, I agree with you.

Also as an American, how can I pilfer all of the money out of my fellow Americans?

Stupid people should be poor, if you don't like it LOOK AROUND!

Smart people should have the money, think of it as an investment in the future.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

If you attend school more often you will find all these things out for yourself - it comes under 'research'.

Excuse me? I've done my research..seems like quite a few posters in this thread havent.Gotta laugh at the personal attacks

edit on 4-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You we're basically saying Iranians are not smart, because you ran into some who couldn't speak English. Anyways, enough about the whose smart or not. The OP was asking something else, I don't know why everyone is going off topic.

Just a side note.A lot of Americans see Iran and Iranians as some "ooh its all the way over there" country and can't really recognize Iranians. Iranians come in all sorts and looks lol. There are so many Iranians in Usa/Canada. I've ran into them in every major city that I've been to, but that's because I can recognize Iranians and understand the language. Most Americans see Iranians every day and don't realize it I'm sure,and probably just think they are white/arab/mexican/indian/armenian/etc. ,

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by twelvethirtyfour

Don't take take what I said out of context,look at what I was replying to

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Text.America's will to defend themselves doesn't just extend overseas.I'm quite sure we could take care of things at home

This you say is not the point - sorry to correct you but it is very much one of the points.

Now I ask you if America were not able to defend themselves - which by the way is yet to be proven. How would you feel then, if the big guns were pointing at you - Positive or Negative?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

reply to post by quedup

OK...now your getting down right nasty. You have to remember that the United States is a Melting Pot of people from all over the world. The longer or more generations a particular ethnic group settles in and grows...the greater the level of education and the greater their families wealth.

But when you start calling Americans Idiots...you seem to forget that almost 100% of all the Top Colleges are in the U.S. The U.S. with a population of just 300 Million....is the worlds largest economy surpasing China that has a population at about 2 Billion.

Americans are 8% higher in productivity per person over any other country and this includes Japan. The U.S. is the center of the world as far as the development of High Technology goods even if we do not assemble them...we design them.

Even though the U.S. faces many problems...we have proven over the years to be able to fix them and when something bad goes down....every country ooks to what the United States is doing about it. 80% of all jobs in the United States are Smalll Buisness jobs created by immigrants with a vision and unlike most other countries...we do not relie on jobs provided by the Government to employ our citizens.

And one tell tale fact....the dream of every parent around the world is to see their child be able to get a College Education in the United States. Yeah...we're a real bunch of morons! Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Text.America's will to defend themselves doesn't just extend overseas.I'm quite sure we could take care of things at home

This you say is not the point - sorry to correct you but it is very much one of the points.

Now I ask you if America were not able to defend themselves - which by the way is yet to be proven. How would you feel then, if the big guns were pointing at you - Positive or Negative?

We're able to defend ourselves.You,I,ATS and the world knows it.Why the hell you think we haven't been invaded or attacked?But,I'll pacify you,so let's say we weren't able to.Hmm.Sure I probably wouldn't like it.But again,not the point of this thread,if you care to debate message me.Let's not clog up the op's thread

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
- There's really no point in attacking Iran(of course there is if you want control of the region /oil) but not because of a "threat". I seriously doubt Iran will attack any other country, they're not stupid.Everyone knows that the american army wouldn't ultimately win a war. What would Iran get out of starting a war anyways.What people fear is getting bombed by the americans or isrealis for no good reason.

- You have to understand, when the leaders say all kinds of none sense, a lot of times its just a way of expression, literal translation of farsi to english doesn't make sense most of the time... And no one really takes Ahmadinejad seriously when he says random things, people in Iran just laugh at him or just go wtf? It's not like everyone is sitting at home praying to attack israel and the usa like the media makes it look like. What the religious leaders and politicians in Iran say are the daily jokes and people don't take that stuff seriously as much as the west does.

ps - I suggest whoever has not seen www.imdb.com... to watch it

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Well I could mention 9/11 but ....... we won't go there.

Also regarding the points in the Ops thread - as follows:

Do you view an Israeli/U.S. attack on Iran as a positive or negative step for Iran?

Taken from opening post.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

don't see how this could ever be positive when a lot innocent lives would be lost, a lot of money wasted and god knows what corrupt puppet government would be put in place if it were to go that far. It would obviously not be a quick "win"like Iraq too...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Many people (including americans ) oppose the american government. Do you feel another country should bombs us into the stoneage ? I am not meaning to be rude BUT THINK !

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Yeah don't go there with 9/11. Not what the Op was getting at. Seriously,get a grip.

edit on 4-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by twelvethirtyfour

Your link gace me a huge

<< 1    3  4 >>

join