It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Iranian or have family living in Iran? Please share your views with us!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I am dying to know how the Iranians feel about the current situation between Israel, Iran and U.S. I don't have any Iranian friends as far as I know, and I would absolutely LOVE to get your perspective on the situation. Do you view your country of origin/home as a danger to the world? How do you feel about your own Government and what would you change about it if you had the power to do so? What is your opinion on what should be done? Do you view an Israeli/U.S. attack on Iran as a positive or negative step for Iran? I don't trust what's being said on the news, I don't trust Governments of any country, and I would really like to hear the opinion of an Iranian. If your out there, please share.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by 2manyquestions

You don't have any Iranian friends as far as you know?

How the hell do you think you would feel when the mightest military in the world is armed and aiming at your door step?

Please.....do you not have any intelligence?

Way to attack them. he/she asked a simple question.Do you not have any intelligence?I see you didn't answer their question except to resort to a personal attack.

edit on 4-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It really begs the question in all honesty and fairness - Did the question need to be asked. I think perhaps it could have been put a different way.

Iranians are just as patriotic about their homeland as any citizen would be about their's how would an American feel if a more powerful nation were to ask the same question - America has never been in this position and can't possibly understand what it feels like!

(Would it be positive or negative if someone attacked your country?????????)

I just think the thread is wasted on what could have been a good opportunity to ask a few questions fell into the - 'I haven't got a clue cat.,'

edit on 4-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

link   
i doubt there aren't to many iranian's aware of ats to get a real point of view. second i doubt many of them read or write english.

and third, ats is probably banned in iran.

link   
i doubt there aren't to many iranian's aware of ats to get a real point of view. second i doubt many of them read or write english.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

I think you will find that Iranians are a very well educated peoples - Can you speak Iranian or any other language? Can you also read and write it?

Please give some balance to the discussion otherwise no Iranians are going to debate under such ignorance of their ancient culture.

Sorry to point this out but you don't appear to be able to write English correctly yourself - missing a capital letter or two is one thing and can be put down to a typo or two but I'm afraid you don't set a very good example of written English. Sorry!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Originally posted by randomname

I think you will find that Iranians are a very well educated peoples - Can you speak Iranian or any other language? Can you also read and write it?

Please give some balance to the discussion otherwise no Iranians are going to debate under such ignorance of their ancient culture.

Sorry to point this out but you don't appear to be able to write English correctly yourself - missing a capital letter or two is one thing and can be put down to a typo or two but I'm afraid you don't set a very good example of written English. Sorry!

So,the language of Iran is Iranian?Is that what you're saying?That's what it's called?Before you insult somebody do some research
And yes,before you reply,I can speak another language.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Intelligent people know who their friends are and where they come from!

I have many Persian friends and the obvious answer is how the hell would you feel if China or Russia (or both) were just off your coastline pointing missles at you! Careful, it's nto a trick question, it just may happen one day.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The reason I posed this question is because I am having a discussion with an Iranian American acquaintance right now, and this person seems supportive of the idea of America and Israel ridding Iran of it's current Government. My position is that I OPPOSE the war. I am in favor of the Iranians overthrowing their own Government if they are unhappy with it, but this person claims that I don't understand Iranian culture if I can't understand why this person is in favor of an attack. This is why I came here and posed this question. No, I don't think I have Iranian friends. I have friends from many different cultures, but Iran is not one of them as far as I know. I say it with uncertainty, because there are a couple of better acquaintances who identify themselves as Persians, but I do not see them enough to call them "friends". Does that answer clarify things for you? I posed the question because I'm trying to figure out whether other Iranians share this person's views, or whether this person is alone in their opinion. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Iran used to be known as Persia and the language is Persian however, it is now Iran and Iranian is perfectly acceptable but I think you miss the point!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Intelligent people know who their friends are and where they come from!

I have many Persian friends and the obvious answer is how the hell would you feel if China or Russia (or both) were just off your coastline pointing missles at you! Careful, it's nto a trick question, it just may happen one day.

I know what you were getting at.They asked a simple question.No reason to be rude to them.And how would I feel if China or Russia were off the coast?Exactly how I feel now..quite comfortable.America's will to defend themselves doesn't just extend overseas.I'm quite sure we could take care of things at home.But that's not the point of this OP.So let's not get off topic.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Iran used to be known as Persia and the language is Persian however, it is now Iran and Iranian is perfectly acceptable but I think you miss the point!

That would be known as Farsi.........

I love how people insult and then flubb

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

The majority of Iranians ARE very well educated; in fact far more educated than a majority of Americans - or even Australians.

Most Iranians can read English and are able to speak basic English. However, a majority of Iranians are fluent in 2 or more languages.

Most Americans think Iranians are Arab. They are the first of the Aryan people, they speak Farsi and their country is more modern than Israel and many parts of America.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

That may be so..but that's not what you said. And no I didn't miss the point.Nice try with the bait and switch

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Persians and Iranians are one of the same people.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Persians and Iranians are one of the same people.

Ok, thanks. Now that we've established this fact, do any Iranians/Persians have opinions on the current situation? The questions are in the original post. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
People are angry,stressed out, tired and depressed because of everything that's happening in result of the sanctions and the on going internal social issues. There are some who are worried about a war and sometimes u cant find bread and such in some stores, some are stacking up in fear. Dual citizens( from usa/canada/etc) have problems transferring money in and out of the country, they can't exchange their money easily, gov has put limits and everyone getting screwed left and right while the corrupt bankers and their friends make a profit in the middle of all this. Business are having issues, trade has become difficult. People are generally in a pissed off mood.

At the same time, they are patriotic and support their country whenever it comes to a Iran vs the west discussion. After all, a lot of these problems are caused by the sanctions posed by the west. Generally no one wants war either.
edit on 4-2-2012 by twelvethirtyfour because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by twelvethirtyfour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by bluemirage5

The reason I posed this question is because I am having a discussion with an Iranian American acquaintance right now, and this person seems supportive of the idea of America and Israel ridding Iran of it's current Government. My position is that I OPPOSE the war. I am in favor of the Iranians overthrowing their own Government if they are unhappy with it, but this person claims that I don't understand Iranian culture if I can't understand why this person is in favor of an attack. This is why I came here and posed this question. No, I don't think I have Iranian friends. I have friends from many different cultures, but Iran is not one of them as far as I know. I say it with uncertainty, because there are a couple of better acquaintances who identify themselves as Persians, but I do not see them enough to call them "friends". Does that answer clarify things for you? I posed the question because I'm trying to figure out whether other Iranians share this person's views, or whether this person is alone in their opinion. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Perhaps, your Iranian acquaintance does not go along with his Government because of their strong stance on Islam and it could be your friend isn't a strong Islamist just as you get people in the west who call themselves Christian but don't every go to church - doesn't mean they're not Christian but they would rather not be ruled by the Church when it comes to political decisions and this is often the reason why they leave their homeland to live over seas.

I'm not saying this is the case with him/her however - this is just one person expressing his/her view and it sounds clear that he isn't patriotic - some people just aren't.

He may well wish to see the Government overthrown - but does he wish to see his own people killed in order to do that????

I don't think he can speak for the millions who are at risk of being killed (on both sides). The majority of Iranians would not agree with him in my view.

I am not Iranian and this thread was clearly aimed at any who may be on ATS so hopefully you will get some responses.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by quedup

The majority of Iranians ARE very well educated; in fact far more educated than a majority of Americans - or even Australians.

Most Iranians can read English and are able to speak basic English. However, a majority of Iranians are fluent in 2 or more languages.

Most Americans think Iranians are Arab. They are the first of the Aryan people, they speak Farsi and their country is more modern than Israel and many parts of America.

Prove that most Iranians are more educated then Americans.Please,I'd love to see this source....They may be able to speak English but most don't do so well..unless they're 2nd generation Irananian Americans

I know I know,you're going to claim they can and not be able to back it up.Most Iranians i've run into in here CAN NOT even put a sentence together in English.But yet you're claiming they can speak it so well in Iran..

Show me another source that says most Amercians think Iranians are Arab? hahaha

edit on 4-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join