It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever notice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
When you find yourself doing something you don't want to do or your in an uncomfortable situation like hanging out with an annoying person or loaning money to a family member or whatever & you say to yourself "Man I'm never doing that again" & sure enough a week or two later your doing the exact same thing - & your like wtf . It's like the universe or god is saying "oh - yah, you don't like it - here's some more of it". lol

I stopped saying - "I ain't doing that no more" a long time ago.
Lessons to be learned. imo

Peace

edit on 4-2-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"uuuhghghhhh.... I'm never drinking again...."

Gotta learn to stop sayin that early in life haha

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Is this a Seinfeld bit?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Is this a Seinfeld bit?

What's the deal with airplane peanuts?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

When I was younger...I used to repeat mistakes...now that I am older...I say I am not doing that again....(whatever it may be)...I don't do it again...in fact I very rarely find myself in those situations...and... If I find myself in a uncomfortable situation ...or being asked to do something I don't want to do....I leave the situation and tell people no. I have got to say...I have much more (peace of mind) that way.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Exactly! Like when you say to yourself, "Man, she has a monster pimple on her cheek!" Then, a day later you have a monster pimple on your cheek. Karma's a B. xo

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yah, when you get old (experienced) enough, you will finally be able to say "no" to people without feeling guilt.

Personally, I just got tired of my neighbors and some family expecting me to help them fix things, baby sit, watch pets, care for elderly, etc. People took advantage of my good will and just became so overly expectant of me to jump and help me now and yet never be there for me if I needed something from them. It became clear that they had used up all their favor status over the years and I finally just began to shun them the same way they did me. Boy were they upset at first. Some have still not talked to me ever since I wouldn't help them move furniture or fix stuff for free anymore.

They wouldn't take no for an answer. It was so funny to watch them try the gamut of manipulation to get me to break my back for them and I just kept saying no, no, no. They get mad, they get flattering, they get pleading, and then they act like, "Well , humph, I'll never ask you for anything again". And I'm like, "Good". (With a smile). Crazy funny. I have recently come to believe that some "Americans" are like left over slavers or people that think the world owes them a living or something. They walk all over your feelings any way or ignore you until they want something and then it's Pleeeease?

I used to help out thinking it was my duty to suffer them or something, but not anymore. I am much more selective about who I do favors for anymore and I feel so much better inside for it.

new topics

join