It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone help pls!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i have been d/loading pix from the net for daughters french homework, and saving them as jpeg, but i recently deleted some of them by mistake (dont laugh), i have been back to the same site and d/loaded same pix but now there are only allowing me to save as bitmap..?
when i move the curser over the pix on the site it says that they are jpeg but when i go to save it comes up 'untitled and bitmap, using the d/down box i cannot change it only has bitmap.
does anyone know what the problem might be? i would really appreciate some help on theis one....cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have this once in a while. Seems a good reboot helps cure the problem for me.

Try that, but save the link to the website first.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
zed! cheers for your quick reply, but i am computer-illiterate, when you say reboot you mean what? the puter has been playing up like this for about 3 days , so its been on and off a lot its just causing so much grief for me, and oh my god wait till my daughter finds out?, imust really try and get this fixed before she goes to print it all and put it together, 'can you imagine what a screeming daughter is like ..lol'

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or you can open the picture in paint and just save it as jpeg that always works for me

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
yeah cheers for that thug, but, it will mean opening evry pic that she has got and doing seperatley for each of them.
I know that there is a prob there somewhere, and need to know how to cure it?
but many thanks for taking the time to try to help, appreciated mate!!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spymaster
zed! cheers for your quick reply, but i am computer-illiterate, when you say reboot you mean what? the puter has been playing up like this for about 3 days , so its been on and off a lot its just causing so much grief for me, and oh my god wait till my daughter finds out?, imust really try and get this fixed before she goes to print it all and put it together, 'can you imagine what a screeming daughter is like ..lol'

Sorry was busy for a few. Anyway, what I mean is to restart the computer. I also looked on the internet for this and found a site that said the same thing.

And yes, I do know what a screaming daughter sounds like.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey Spymaster If we didnt help there is this microsoft Link that should most likely help your problem

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This happens when your Internet Cache is filled to the brim. Go to Tools then Internet Options then go to Delete Files. Then close the browser and reopen it and try it again. Iv seen this problem many times.

join