It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul support and talk on the streets in California.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I want to make people aware of what I hear about Ron Paul on 'the streets'.

I have a pretty active social life and talk to a lot of people so I get an overall view of it and thought I'd share. I know it may be different in your State but this is what I notice in mine.

1) A lot of people think "Ron Paul just can't win". I hear that a LOT from people. It's been said over and over and over since the beginning of the campaign. WHO says the Media doesn't influence people?

2) Republicans like him, but think he's not 'electable'.

3) Independents here take him seriously and like his views. I think he'll get a lot of Independent votes here.

4) I only see TWO kinds of bumper sticker on cars here. Obama and Ron Paul. I've NEVER seen any other in the last 4 years other than ONE Kucinich one. And right next to it they had a Ron Paul sticker.

5) "Progressives", Hollywood types, actors and 'movie industry types' don't like him, they like Obama. Union types, teachers, public workers....like Obama also.

On average though I hear a lot of ...'He can't win...I mean I like the guy....he's awesome...he just won't win"

That about sums up the overall sentiment. If you say something enough then you make it true. Sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. Which is why it irks me.

My take is that Ron needs to start showing better than average numbers in primaries or this feeling/sentiment is just going to get worse. Kinda the reality of the situation. The average voter isn't aware of delegates or straw polls, that's for politically savvy people these days.

That's at least my opinion.

edit on 3-2-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hm i dunno what to think about it. Fels empty

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Guy was on fox news that wrote a book "The Ron Paul Revolution"...the female reporter was showing all of his signs and reporters, the signs saying dont trust the media, they must be getting the point, they are showing him more, then cnn had him on there saying that this sudden increase in the economy and jobs is not accurate. I think santorum will be done soon and newt. Hopefully south carolina set an example for the rest of the u.s..........GO RON!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by piett

LOL

I accidentally hit 'post' with just a title.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ron has a strategy, the race just started, looka at perry and huntsman who got all that play on the news....gone..they will fall off like flies,,then roseanne will beat obama,,lol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
Ron has a strategy, the race just started, looka at perry and huntsman who got all that play on the news....gone..they will fall off like flies,,then roseanne will beat obama,,lol

I know Ron has a strategy and I like it. If the others fall off then it's between him and Romney, or is it Newty? I can't tell anymore. But as far as a "boost" he needs to make a strong finish here coming up so that the 'he can't win' talk shuts up a little.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am watching the Piers Morgan interview with Ron Paul right now...Can anyone guess what the FIRST thing CNN said (well, actually Piers..) in the description of the interview before it even started? "Ron Paul won't be the next president, but..." I'm so sick of this @#%^.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I have been away from California, and out of the US, for a number of years and don't know "the talk on the street" but what is apparent to me, and not mentioned here, is that Ron Paul has a lot of support from Democrat voters as well. He is all about personal liberty and I believe that hits home with a lot of "liberals" and I would guess that would include many Californians, where I originally was from.

Obama has been able, to a great extent, to keep his promise about feds keeping "hands-off" the states that have medical mj so I expect many Californians like Obama for that if for no other pressing reason. RP says the same, but that is not at all part of the rest of the GOP's playbook.

If it comes to this, I will write-in my vote for Ron Paul. If that gives the election to the Dems then so be it.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Sometimes people are so stupid.....

This whole "he is not electable" and "he can not win" argument is literally a perfect example of how the sheep embrace stupidity.

On one hand you have every MSM outlet currently telling you Ron Paul can not win, yet out the other side of their mouth they tell you that no Republican will be able to beat Obama without the Ron Paul supporters.

Now really think about that for a second.... I mean REALLY think about it. If the Republican nominee can not win the Presidency without Ron Paul's supporters than why can Ron Paul not win with his supporters? This is classic double speak. This is the same as saying, if every Republican Candidate were to drop out today and only Ron Paul was left and did win the nomination, most Republican voters would not vote Republican. We all know that would not happen. Sure some would probably refuse to vote, but I thin it is a safe bet that many would support the Party rather than concede 4 more years to Obama.

It is just the silliest argument I have ever heard. When you take into account that his numbers have doubled and in some cases tripled what they were in 2008, it is even more ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Originally posted by piett

LOL

I accidentally hit 'post' with just a title.

Now i can S&F you

In some PC Games like Civilization one of the biggest achievments is to build Hollywood (or MSM in other games) that allows your civilization to gain maximum control on their people's life.

When a few controls the majority of the media you have such travestits as today's "public opinion". It translates in this case : "Ron Paul won't win" (public opinion) despite the person likes him a lot. Such preconceived opinions are irrational but repeated enough times ... You can slander as much as you want someone, even if everything is wrong there will be some negative public opinion left...

As long as major corporations run the game , there will be no change in voter's mentality. They'll vote for the best suited to defeat the opposite candidate. Pople want to be everyday on the winner side. Elections are not a game. That's BS. It's those people who vote irresponsibly who are turning this vote into a farce. You can't have a true democratic process by having 2 sides. Unless a revolution in the kind of Ron Paul happens there's no chance to see a shift.
edit on 4-2-2012 by piett because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join