It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I should also add that if a single TV ad campaign for one department store has that much influence on their kids then they're doing a # job of raising them, aren't they...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugahm
Someone needs to find the leaders of this group. This is quite disgusting. I had no idea people were still like this. We need to get 1 million gay moms and have a stand off for whats right.... FREEDOM!

Oh Yeah! People are still like this.

NOM (National Organization for Marriage) admitted - - they do NOTHING to strengthen marriage. Their sole purpose is to stop gay marriage.

They are now gearing up to fight gay marriage in the state of Washington - - which will soon be legal.

They've gotten judges removed from office that made rulings in favor of gay marriage.

They are the KKK of today.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Discrimination will always be around. As long as there are groups to go against the people that discriminate it will keep happening. Its exactly like a state with alot of laws, the people break them more. Once people realize this only then will things be easier for gender to love the same gender, or the color of your skin to not matter. Til then this stuff will keep happening. Actually, you'd have to wipe out the old generation of people first and the people trained on old generation. Well looks like nothing will change. They can try all they want but it will keep happening and people will get hurt in the end.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Being 65 - - growing up - - I also experienced from others hate for Jews - - hate for Blacks - - anyone "different".

Does that include any other groups? Like, say, southerners? How about Native Americans? Oh, wait, don't forget Catholics... Mormons... Protestants... Muslims...

My point is that you seem to believe that only a "minority" can be hated... that is far from the truth. People can experience hatred over religion, social status, skin color, sexual propensity, geographic location, political stance, or how they spell their name. No one, not you, not me, not anyone, can remove hatred form society. And no one, not you, not me, not anyone, can truly identify the source of another's hatred, or even prove that it exists.

All you have is an assumption: people do not do what I think they should, so they must hate someone.

Wrong.

I do not like Ellen Degeneres. I do not think she is funny. I think she gets way too much credit simply because of her lifestyle. Does that make me a "hater"? I don't think so, especially in light of the fact that I have been defending her since the start of this thread.

I vehemently disagree with Barack Obama. I detest his attitude towards the "peasants" he thinks he lords over, I believe his economic policies have increased the length and severity of the depression, I believe his actions are contrary to the things that allowed the USA to become so wealthy and powerful in the first place. I think he has no inkling of what personal freedom means. Does that mean I "hate" him because he is black? No!

Your assumptions are based on a narrow view of others as seen from your unique perspective. That is the only point on which we seem to regularly disagree. I believe in freedom for all, not just for "minorities" or just for those I agree with. "All" includes minorities, majorities, gay, straight, male, female, religious, non-religious, black, white, yellow, purple, orange, or green with blue polka-dots.

You seem to believe in freedom for minorities... perhaps not intentionally, but it does come across that way.

I repeat: the Million Moms have every right to protest and should not be denigrated for doing so. They should not be labeled haters for exercising their rights or expressing their views. Ellen Degeneres has every right to accept the position, and she should not be denigrated over her lifestyle because of it. JC Penney's can hire whomever they wish for whatever position they wish, and they should not be assumed to be "pro-gay" over such an action.

Every time you state that a minority be treated in any way differently than anyone else, even if that difference is intended to support your view of increasing their "rights", you become that which you claim to detest. Bigotry works in all directions, not just from the majority to the majority, but from any one group to any other. You support bigotry.

I do not support bigotry. I support equality for all... even those I do not agree with.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Religious nutters just like to HATE everything and everybody except themselves. They are nothing but trouble everywhere they go. Bunch of ignorant fools.

Say that to my face!

link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

Being 65 - - growing up - - I also experienced from others hate for Jews - - hate for Blacks - - anyone "different".

Does that include any other groups? Like, say, southerners? How about Native Americans? Oh, wait, don't forget Catholics... Mormons... Protestants... Muslims...

Which of those groups is denied Equal Rights?

NOM is the KKK of today.

link   

Originally posted by ugahm
Someone needs to find the leaders of this group. This is quite disgusting. I had no idea people were still like this. We need to get 1 million gay moms and have a stand off for whats right.... FREEDOM!

or rather a..... OneMillionLovingMoms organization to counteract the hatred these alleged "moms" are harboring and trying to inflict on everyone. Don't have to be gay to see that these people are defiling and demonizing the sacred title of "Mom".

OneMillion"Moms" my ass
...... more like OneMillionMorons.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Which of those groups is denied Equal Rights?

All of them, in one way or another.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Seriously, shes been gay FOREVER. Shes an amazing woman and super funny. All these women that have a problem with her being gay obviously have some deep seeded problems of there own. Stop venting and leave Ellen alone.

link   
The economy is in the crapper. Unemployment is high. Gas prices through the roof, wars are still being fought and these people are worrying about this? Bill Shatner have a few words for you:

link   
I have to say that I agree with the Million moms. I think putting an open homosexual as a spokeperson for a brand that isn't targeted to mainly homosexuals is just plain stupid. They are going against the values of the majority of their customers by doing so. Let's face it, you mention Ellen and the first thing that pops into most peoples minds is -gay, then comes - comic. Wrong, right, prejudice, bias, etc it just doesn't matter why people think as they do. Most Americans, while accepting of a gay lifestyle, also think that gays have a few screws loose which leads them to prefer same sex partners. I certianly feel this way. sorry, flame away. It doesn't mean that we hate gays, or want gayness outlawed, it justs means we don't want the gayness intruding into our everyday lives and our children. It is as simple as that.

link   
I believed that it is more than a religion vs lifestyle choice.

It is beyond religion. The root of the problem is the future of the human race.

Simplified so that more may comprehend :-
We used to just simply enjoy the good old analog radio of the 40s. Today, they are non-existant. Some kids do not even know what a radio is anymore.

We used to enjoy dancing in discotheques. Today, we become starbucks addicts and lounge lizards. John Travolta with his fancy dance steps had become myths.

We used to have the weekends off from work, to be with loved ones and families. Today, we are working daily. Day offs had became legends of a golden age.

Today, with sexual liberation and greater openess, more of the young are drawn to lifestyle choices. What will happen to the human race tomorrow? Will it go the way of the radio, John Travolta, day offs, and other ideals humankind once held dear for survival?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I have to say that I agree with the Million moms. I think putting an open homosexual as a spokeperson for a brand that isn't targeted to mainly homosexuals is just plain stupid. They are going against the values of the majority of their customers by doing so. Let's face it, you mention Ellen and the first thing that pops into most peoples minds is -gay, then comes - comic. Wrong, right, prejudice, bias, etc it just doesn't matter why people think as they do. Most Americans, while accepting of a gay lifestyle, also think that gays have a few screws loose which leads them to prefer same sex partners. I certianly feel this way. sorry, flame away. It doesn't mean that we hate gays, or want gayness outlawed, it justs means we don't want the gayness intruding into our everyday lives and our children. It is as simple as that.

I'm gonna have to agree with you, its like putting religion inside of a store like hot topic. Could you imagine seeing a commercial for hot topic saying "God wants you to spend money at hot topic." imagine all the religious nuts would do, or even the non religious. I think our country wants civil unrest. Maybe even a civil war. 2012 is gonna be one hack of a year, i can see it now...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's not a store for sex. It's a store for clothes, shoes, dishes, etc. Do homosexuals not buy clothes, shoes, dishes? So there has to be a "homosexual" store for homosexuals to buy these things? Do you not see the ridiculousness of what you are saying??? Sounds to me like you DO want gayness outlawed. You certainly want them gone, or to pretend they aren't gay so you don't have to see them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

It's not a store for sex. It's a store for clothes, shoes, dishes, etc. Do homosexuals not buy clothes, shoes, dishes? So there has to be a "homosexual" store for homosexuals to buy these things? Do you not see the ridiculousness of what you are saying??? Sounds to me like you DO want gayness outlawed. You certainly want them gone, or to pretend they aren't gay so you don't have to see them.

You completely missed what he was saying, Refer to my post for what he was saying.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-2-2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's actually been proven that "Gay/Homsexual" people are not normal and that they have a fault somewhere in their gene makeup. Just imagine if everyone was Homesexual? There wouldn't be any people. Every animal be it Human or otherwise, has a strong drive to reproduce hence the reason that Homosexuality is not normal and should not depicted as such.

If "Your" (as in anyone here) parents were Gay, you wouldn't be here.

There are people that argue that homosexuality is normal because it's been noticed in animals that are in the wild. What part of that makes it normal?

You can call me whatever you want, homophobe, deluded, whatever, but I believe that being a homosexual person is wrong and should not be tolerated. Gay people are not part of a healthy, normal society. Unfortunately, this planet doesn't have a normal healthy society. Maybe that's why there is such a push to make homosexuality such a big deal and that gay people deserve to be able to marry and have equal rights and what ever else a normal, healthy "Non Homosexual" person has.

To be honest, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who will agree, I'm sick of hearing about how "Gays" have it so bad...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

She can be gay if she wants to be but I'm tired of them trying to force everyone to think it's normal. It isn't.

I don't see Ellen forcing anyone to think it's normal. I see a group of "moms" trying to force everyone to think it's not.

What is the definition of "normal" and who is allowed to define it? What gives one human being the right to tell another human being which direction their path to their personal "pursuit of happiness" is supposed to go?

The constitution guarantees all Americans the right to pursuit of happiness in our own lives. What if being gay is someone's ultimate happiness? Happiness isn't inherit or created, it's obtained, so when you get right down to it, the whole "you're born gay" "you choose to be gay" argument is moot.

Seriously, who cares?

They are going against the values of the majority of their customers by doing so

And who made you the authority on what the "majority" of their customers' values are?
edit on 4-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've been a member here at ATS for years. I log on every single day and get my news updates to find out whats really going on in the world today. I've noticed that as the years have progressed, so has the hate and immoral judgment of the entire world. Jesus taught us to love the person and despise the sin.... no matter the sin! No one is perfect. So when I read all these people on here bashing each other because of their beliefs then that makes me lose faith in humanity. These new agers who believe we are advancing spirirtually are fooling themselves and are the blind leading the blind. They say to just accept this gay movement and to just get with the times!, its a new era and you need to just let that old belief system go. I say this, Just because our technology is advancing doesn't mean we are as a spiritual race. We are degrading fast. No one holds true to core values anymore and this next generation is just as if not more vile, immoral, violent, envious, back stabing, slanderous, and hate filled as the hundreds before. You are just as foolish if you believe any different. The law of entropy is hard at work in all forms of our lives. "Do not judge, or you will be judged." Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
I believed that it is more than a religion vs lifestyle choice.

It is beyond religion. The root of the problem is the future of the human race.

Simplified so that more may comprehend :-
We used to just simply enjoy the good old analog radio of the 40s. Today, they are non-existant. Some kids do not even know what a radio is anymore.

We used to enjoy dancing in discotheques. Today, we become starbucks addicts and lounge lizards. John Travolta with his fancy dance steps had become myths.

We used to have the weekends off from work, to be with loved ones and families. Today, we are working daily. Day offs had became legends of a golden age.

Today, with sexual liberation and greater openess, more of the young are drawn to lifestyle choices. What will happen to the human race tomorrow? Will it go the way of the radio, John Travolta, day offs, and other ideals humankind once held dear for survival?

Yes, we used to string black people up just for being "uppity". Women were not allowed to own their own businesses, or even allowed to vote at one time in our country. Illegitimate children were bullied, taunted and shunned by communities through no fault of their own. Parents could beat their children severely and no one said anything about it. Oh yes, the good ole' days....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Meanwhile, we're planning WW3 with Iran and America is Trillions in debt.

But hey, "Teh Gheyz" are coming!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join