It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
She can be gay if she wants to be but I'm tired of them trying to force everyone to think it's normal. It isn't.

OK... but being red-headed is not normal, because most people aren't red-headed. Being left-handed is not normal because they are in the minority. Should red-heads and left-handers be hated and discriminated against? What's your point?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

I absolutely agree

and J.C. Penny just told them - all 'one million' of them - to shut up and go away

:-)

that's how this stuff works

I might just start shopping at J.C. Penny - seriously
edit on 2/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: sometimes I make typos when I'm laughing

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I don't get this! Who cares who she loves and/or has sex with, it's not like JC Penny is forcing us to watch her and her wife "go at it"

They aren't!?? Just when I was starting to like JC Penny.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

It's because number one God set it up where man is to be with woman not man-man woman-woman. Wether you believe in God that's a whole nother story. Today in our society for the most part it's totally been excepted as ok,there's nothing wrong here. Man likes to do things their own way they want nothing to do with God or his Holy Word. In the worlds eyes Good is now Evil and Evil is now Good. It can't get any worse than that.

Here's a conspiracy for you! Did you know the rocker fellers had a part in setting up the whole homosexuality gig so that now it's world wide. Before it was all in the closet. But know it's world wide. They know this is disobedience to God. They are trying to change what is right. I'm sure they know there's a God but they want nothing to do with him.

But in the end God will reveal all the hidden things. Here's a verse!

1Cr 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

This is why God must come back to finally destroy the evil that has taken hold of us all. Sin has corrupted our very minds,blinded us to see real truth. And finally we won't have to worry about conspiracies anymore ATS can go down in peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

Personal belief - - - has no qualifier in Equal Rights.

Exactly Annee. And since the very concept of hate is a personal, subjective observation based solely on belief, that means that no exercise of equal rights can exist if hate is used as a measure.

Well I've followed this subject for 20+ years - - because I was in a personal position to take interest.

Being 65 - - growing up - - I also experienced from others hate for Jews - - hate for Blacks - - anyone "different".

I myself - raised Christian - was ignorant to gays - buying into the "belief" - - before my very fortunate personal experience working with gays and gaining knowledge and understanding.

I've known many Christians who support Equal Rights and believe it is God's right to judge - - not theirs.

So No - - I do not think Hate is subjective with these Fundamentalists. I think it is pure Hate - - no different then the KKK.

link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

reply to post by mnmcandiez

It isnt normal your exactly right. God set it up where man is to be with woman not man-man woman-woman. Wether you believe in God that's a whole nother story. Today in our society for the most part it's totally been excepted as ok,there's nothing wrong here. Man likes to do things their own way they want nothing to do with God or his Holy Word. In the worlds eyes Good is now Evil and Evil is now Good. It can't get any worse than that.

Here's a conspiracy for you! Did you know the rocker fellers had a part in setting up the whole homosexuality gig so that now it's world wide. Before it was all in the closet. But know it's world wide. They know this is disobedience to God. They are trying to change what is right. I'm sure they know there's a God but they want nothing to do with him.

But in the end God will reveal all the hidden things. Here's a verse!

1Cr 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

This is why God must come back to finally destroy the evil that has taken hold of us all. Sin has corrupted our very minds,blinded us to see real truth. And finally we won't have to worry about conspiracies anymore ATS can go down in peace.

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

She can be gay if she wants to be but I'm tired of them trying to force everyone to think it's normal. It isn't.

OK... but being red-headed is not normal, because most people aren't red-headed. Being left-handed is not normal because they are in the minority. Should red-heads and left-handers be hated and discriminated against? What's your point?

Again , where does it say that being gay, left handed or red hair isn't normal?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Our society is literally going backwards.

The lack of education and the pure ignorance of the sheeple is really effecting this country to the point it's going to fail, and we're going to end up in a miserable regime like China, or North Korea.

"I'm voting for Romney because he seems like a nice guy... DERP!"

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruthS
In the worlds eyes Good is now Evil and Evil is now Good. It can't get any worse than that.

Let me see if I get this straight?

World's current consensus of morality.

Good
Caring for others
Duty
Honor
Justice

Evil
Murder
Rape
Torture
Child Abuse
Deciet

So I could go on, but what you're saying is...

Good
Murder
Rape
Torture
Child Abuse
Deceit

Is that right

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Gays should keep it in their bedrooms and bible thumpers in their churches. Why push their lifestyles into peoples' faces? If I liked to wear a clown suit in the bedroom I sure as hell wouldnt be screaming at people to accept the clown lifestyle. Same goes for the religious/spiritual aspect. This people are scandalous and as the saying goes, "God forgives everything but scandal".

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MistyStar1012

I was being a bit facetious there. Just because someone may not be in the majority of the general population, it doesn't make them abnormal, nor does it take away any of their rights.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MistyStar1012

I was being a bit facetious there. Just because someone may not be in the majority of the general population, it doesn't make them abnormal, nor does it take away any of their rights.

I am getting the impression of williful ignorance here, several people have made this point in different ways.... but alas. Some people want the world to be millions of the same person, no diversity!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Gays should keep it in their bedrooms and bible thumpers in their churches. Why push their lifestyles into peoples' faces? If I liked to wear a clown suit in the bedroom I sure as hell wouldnt be screaming at people to accept the clown lifestyle. Same goes for the religious/spiritual aspect. This people are scandalous and as the saying goes, "God forgives everything but scandal".

Do you really think the majority of gays go around spouting out their sexual exploits? Its the anti-gays who talk about gay sex and make a big deal about it.

What is your "lifestyle"? Is heterosexual a "lifestyle"?

Most gays you wouldn't even know about. Because they live their lives just as everyone else. They have careers - they buy groceries - they jog - etc.

Are there stereotypes? Yes - - but every group has their stereotypes. They hardly represent the majority.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Someone needs to find the leaders of this group. This is quite disgusting. I had no idea people were still like this. We need to get 1 million gay moms and have a stand off for whats right.... FREEDOM!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families,"

Actually JcPenney's focus is changing from the traditional families to the younger generation. I'm sure they don't want to lose their customers who have kept them going, but they need to change their advertising to match todays changing world.
I doubt that this protest will sway JcP's direction at all. JcPenney has added Sephora Cosmetics, which is doing very well. They have added Mango clothing which is a fast production clothing line meant to go from design to the salesfloor in a matter of months. They will be adding a Martha Stewart dept as well as Liz Claiborne clothing dept. They also will be adding a 'Town Square' which will have a sitting area, coffee shop and free wi-fi. All of these new departments are directed toward the younger generation shoppers. Their new CEO came from Apple, trust me he knows who is buying, what they want & how to market it.

I highly doubt that JcPenny cares one way or another about Ellen Degeneres's sexual preference, their focus is on the proper spokesperson to cross the gap between the older & the younger generations. Speaking in general, the younger people are passive about gays & homosexuals because they have always been exposed to the idea, where as the older generation was brought up with the idea that it was wrong.

As far as onemillionmoms.com, they have every right to protest and be the squeaky wheel, as far as JcP, they have every right to hire a spokesperson of their choice, if it backfires on them they will hire a new one.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I understand you now... If society takes God's Word ... We are created in his images so it should be accepted that as we are also individuals, we are created with differences ...perhaps the lessons to accept everyone as they are as after all it is not our Place to judge anyonebe that whether they are gay red headed or anything else that is not considered 'normal' after all wouldn't it be a boring world if we were all clones ie mom, dad, picket fence? Perhaps God created us with differences to see if we would acceptand love each other as we are ..just my thoughts

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

This is not really a good analogy because you don't have to wear the clown suit in public, but you can certainly bring your significant other in public with you. You would still be able to talk about your significant other without being hated, shunned and discriminated against. If you're gay, you are expected to keep certain things hidden that no one else has to. How would you like it if you were told "we don't want to hear any mention about your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, and we don't want to see you together in public. We don't want to see the two of you together at the grocery store, or at the movies or at the park; and we want you to act exactly as we do, even if that's not how you normally act? We don't want you to admit you have a spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, because we are disgusted by the two of you." Wouldn't you fight against that?

edit on 4-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
And something like this happens in the 21st Century...
Well, there's a reason we're here in europe think of americans as backwards, prude and generally stupid people. This proves once again, that not all clichés are wrong.
It's sad but i think in a country that is so deeply poisoned by religion and tries so hard to be 'traditional' it will never change.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You will be surprised what changes these idiots have already been successful in changing.

They really peeved me when they got 3 sponsers to drop ads from Rescue Me.

Check out the link for thier `SUCCESS www.onemillionmoms.com...

Better yet..... just bombard their sites with emails voicing how ungodly, hateful and evil they truly are. I did. They are attempting a hate crime and I'll be damned if I'm ever the type to just sit back and watch.

The OneMillionMoms website even requests we write to them:

copyright © 2001-2006, American Family Association :: all rights reserved Contact AFA with questions or comments

And here is the email link they provide:
www.afa.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You will be surprised what changes these idiots have already been successful in changing.

They really peeved me when they got 3 sponsers to drop ads from Rescue Me.

Check out the link for thier `SUCCESS www.onemillionmoms.com...

Funny how these sorts of women take action for 'the sake of their children' but all these things involve not being around their children.

These are women with husbands wealthy or high-income enough that they don't have to go out and get jobs but I suspect these women wish they were out working.

Not as a grocery store cashier of course, but they all wish they'd gone into some sort of high-powered career instead. Maybe they didn't want to spend the time paying their dues doing low-level stuff first, maybe careers aren't what women do in their realm, idk. But I do find activism is often an outlet for frustrated wannbe careerists.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join