It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This thread is now being re-opened. It is necessary to remind members to post on topic.

Which is:One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

Any further disruptions, off topic remarks, insults etc, will be rewarded with a posting ban of 72 hours and a review of your account by staff.

No other warnings will be given.

Please read the following while the thread is being reviewed.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Please do not reply to this message.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

edit on 2/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

The seculars and atheists have made war against Christians and all religions in general, except Islam for some reason. They seem to not mind Sharia Law. Evidence of that is seen in the UK where Sharia Law has begun to take root. How long before our own Constitution is overruled by Sharia Law? Will the seculars complain? I wonder, because the left today is championing the rights of Islamists over Christians. All you have to do is look at the ACLU and who they champion, look at the lobbies in Washington and see who the politicians are favoring.
Since you have been on this forum a while, how can you not have seen the hateful rhetoric against Christians? Telling Christians how their beliefs are stupid and ignorant and how the stories are myths, that the bible is full of stories that have no element of truth, etc. Of course I am putting it much more lightly, but it's all here in these fourms.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The seculars and atheists have made war against Christians and all religions in general, except Islam for some reason. They seem to not mind Sharia Law. Evidence of that is seen in the UK where Sharia Law has begun to take root. How long before our own Constitution is overruled by Sharia Law? Will the seculars complain? I wonder, because the left today is championing the rights of Islamists over Christians. All you have to do is look at the ACLU and who they champion, look at the lobbies in Washington and see who the politicians are favoring.
Since you have been on this forum a while, how can you not have seen the hateful rhetoric against Christians? Telling Christians how their beliefs are stupid and ignorant and how the stories are myths, that the bible is full of stories that have no element of truth, etc. Of course I am putting it much more lightly, but it's all here in these fourms.

I began posting on this thread because of the Christian bashing; the bashing of Mothers and Christians.
The evidence is clear. If you're a Christian, someone is going to demonize you ("you" = Christians in general), Christians are treated no different than how some people treat gay's for being gay.
I believe, for the most part, both groups in the OP are too close to these issues ever to listen to the other group.

Before anyone questions me about what I stated about both groups...
Yes, I understand, in this instance Ellen did nothing wrong and to call for her firing is just idiotic, imo, but it takes a big person to stand up to the other group and say... "I'm listening to you". "While I don't understand or agree with you.... I do hear you". I wish both groups would listen to the fears of the other group.

Neither one of these groups will do that. Maybe someday someone will step up and make a difference. Until then, the lines drawn in the sand by either group isn't seen or respected.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Yes, SweetLiberty, I do not advocate demanding Ellen be fired, nor do I care what Ellen does in her personal life, nor do I begrudge her her career in any way. I have said that I think she is talented and funny. I still champion the right of mothers to not approve of this choice for what they felt was a family oriented business. As I said before, let the market forces dictate what happens here.
One more thing I'd like to mention here, because I suddenly remembered this morning, JC Penney does sell school uniforms, as I remembered having bought some of ours there. Perhaps it is this group of people who purchase school uniforms there who disagree with the promotion of a certain lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The seculars and atheists have made war against Christians and all religions in general, except Islam for some reason.

I would completely 110% disagree with this statement.

The reason you may feel this way is there are a lot more Christian Americans on this forum than there are outspoken followers of Islam, so the Christian question comes up much more often.

I'd imagine the vast majority of Islamic people wouldn't be too keen to speak up on a forum with so many conservative Christians either.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My take on this:
Jc Penney is in the right to hire Ellen as their spokesperson. Anyone who claims something like, "But that goes against their customers; traditional families." are terribly ignorant and/or homophobic.

Who are you to say who's Jc penney's targeted consumers? I'm pretty confident JCP knows, hence why they hired Ellen in the first place. They must like something about her.

- I don't like her, I have a wife, and I occasionaly shop at JCP for the record.

But protesting this isn't hateful? Only one variable is significant in this protest: gay.
Yes, I agree they have the right to peacefully protest ; so do the KKK.

Does that change the fact that their platform is -hateful? Nope. I disagree with hate (so does Jesus) not the right to protest.

She is a threat to their Christian fundamentals, which is obvious in all of these groups who say they are "upholding traditional values"
Yep, hold on to your traditional values, and leave everyone alone.
But nope, they can't leave anyone alone, god forbid a gay is a spokeswoman for a store they shop at, because then someone ELSE might not believe in their traditional values?

This is about shoving your idea down everyone's throats, because your false-ego fills the world and god forbid anyone believe different than you.

The only thing that saddened me more to see that many here on ATS agree with this group, but also added that being gay is "unnatural" or not right. First off, have you heard of overpopulation? Seems like a natural way of resource balance to me. Secondly, some of you need to go out into the world, I have met many gay people who are more productive to society than some who breed.

Let me enlighten you, God works in ways the human mind can't fully comprehend; This is why religion fails. We cannot pretend to know God's will, it's beyond foolish to do.

GM

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In this day and age, THIS IS EMBARASSING! You don't like the homosexual lifestyle? Then don't screw people of the same sex. QUIT TRYING TO CONTROL PEOPLE!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ellen DeGeneres Steals Oscars' Night with JCPenney Commercials-Video Round-Up

By: Tracy E. Gilchrist

One of the highlights of Hollywood’s biggest night, The Oscars, was the series of JCPenney commercials featuring new spokeswoman Ellen shopping during various phases of history including the Old West, Ancient Rome and Victorian England.

Regarding Ellen's JCPenney partnership, the actress and comedian announced early this month that she’d joined with the retail giant to be its new spokesperson, a move that immediately spurred the antigay group One Million Moms into threatening to boycott JCPenney if Ellen weren’t fired. www.shewired.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I still champion the right of mothers to not approve of this choice for what they felt was a family oriented business.

One more thing I'd like to mention here, because I suddenly remembered this morning, JC Penney does sell school uniforms, as I remembered having bought some of ours there. Perhaps it is this group of people who purchase school uniforms there who disagree with the promotion of a certain lifestyle.

I guess like Marriage - - - we'll have to come up with a different word other then "family" for all those gay parents.

Maybe JCP should offer rainbow colored school uniforms for kids of gay parents.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You know how hard it is to rally people up to do ANYTHING? Where I live you're lucky if you can rally up a couple hundred people to protest for gross government corruption! I hope that this "One Million Moms" group does't really have that many members (or supporters behind it) because that's just depressing...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper
You know how hard it is to rally people up to do ANYTHING? Where I live you're lucky if you can rally up a couple hundred people to protest for gross government corruption! I hope that this "One Million Moms" group does't really have that many members (or supporters behind it) because that's just depressing...

Its just a name. "One Million Moms".

I think they stole it from the "One Million Man" march.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The recent commercials I've seen so far featuring Ellen, probably about 3 variations I've seen so far, and none of them refer at all to any kind of sexual orientation. As far as a kid would know, it would just be another commercial, so the fact that they're complaining about it makes it all the more senseless.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by Annee

The recent commercials I've seen so far featuring Ellen, probably about 3 variations I've seen so far, and none of them refer at all to any kind of sexual orientation. As far as a kid would know, it would just be another commercial, so the fact that they're complaining about it makes it all the more senseless.

Of course. Ellen is a person promoting a product. Just like any other person presenting a product.

The fact that she is gay - - is their objection.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This relates to this subject:

Supreme Court Rejects NOM Appeal of Maine Disclosure Law

By Julie Bolcer

The Supreme Court decided not to hear an appeal from the National Organization for Marriage challenging a Maine law that requires the groups to name its donors, although a second appeal to allow the list to remain private is still pending. www.advocate.com...

NOM wants to keep those who donate to their cause anonymous. They claim fear of retaliation.

Reminds me of the KKK (agaIn). The KKK still exists - - but law disallows wearing hoods that hide who you are.

Equal Rights is moving forward - - - especially telling when Supreme Courts continue to vote in favor of.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why does this come as a surprise to some of you. It's an election year. And since the conservatives as usual have nothing of substance to add to solving some our countries real problems they fall back on the same old tactics every election. They're like a broken record every election right on cue, gays, abortion, religion, oh us poor Christians, we're so victimized, blah, blah, blah.
I've said it before, The GOP really needs to change their mascot from an Elephant to an Ostrich. I think its safe to say that most, if not all of these "traditional" moms are conservatives. If you folks would remove your heads from the hole de jur you would see there are a pile of real problems that real people are facing everyday. And people being gay has nothing to do with them.
Stop the madness!
You may now return your head to its proper place.
edit on 2/28/12 by Chillidog1 because: fonix

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here they go again:

One Million Moms Targets Comic With Gay Wedding

By Trudy Ring

One Million Moms, the group that unsuccessfully tried to get Ellen DeGeneres booted from her JC Penney commercial gig, has a new target: the first mainstream comic book to feature a same-sex wedding.

The organization, affiliated with the antigay American Family Association, is calling on Toys “R” Us stores to cease carrying the issue of Life With Archie that portrays the wedding of Kevin Keller, the first gay character in the Archie Comics universe. www.advocate.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't get it. Fire the woman for being annoying if anything else. These people are morons.

This is why we can't have nice things people.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
Why does this come as a surprise to some of you. It's an election year. And since the conservatives as usual have nothing of substance to add to solving some our countries real problems they fall back on the same old tactics every election. They're like a broken record every election right on cue, gays, abortion, religion, oh us poor Christians, we're so victimized, blah, blah, blah.
I've said it before, The GOP really needs to change their mascot from an Elephant to an Ostrich. I think its safe to say that most, if not all of these "traditional" moms are conservatives. If you folks would remove your heads from the hole de jur you would see there are a pile of real problems that real people are facing everyday. And people being gay has nothing to do with them.
Stop the madness!
You may now return your head to its proper place.
edit on 2/28/12 by Chillidog1 because: fonix

So your ass must be jealous of the amount of crap that you just spouted. This is what makes me so against you liberals. You claim to be all for the people, only when they agree with you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Watch TV ~> Get angry ~> Have parade with bored, undersexed female mob against pointless issue.

Profit.
edit on 5-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52 >>

join