It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by andersensrm
The only rights I see infringed on are Ellen's. Its not just because she is gay, its because she is on tv, and she doesn't hide it. Bad Ellen. She should hide the fact that she's gay. This is what the million moms are really trying to say.

if it was OWS fighting against the evil corporations, it would be a totally different picture here, which is what is the hypocrisy of it all.

edit on 13-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

What? If OWS was doing the rally for the same REASONS then I would say the exact same thing. Infact you can put whatever group you want in place of million moms, I say its wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

A realization.

If NOM's rallied at JC Penny that day for the simple fact that Ellen Dengeneres is gay, then yes, imo, they're a bunch of haters and it's disgusting that they tried to get her fired for "...for being GAY!...

I tried to go over the thread and the links again to find where NOM's is quoted "for being gay". I understand the base of NOM's existence is because of the same sex subject. I understand their fear of losing their right to chose what and how their children will be told, influenced, by the same sex subject.

However, I don't understand, (couldn't wrap my head around) the fact that they would target someone and harass someone and insist they lose their job.... for being gay

The only article I can wholeheartedly agree with is the one quoting Bill O'Reilly that was added to the thread by Annee.

Witchhunt

"If you remember with the McCarthy era of the 1950s and they were trying to hunt down communist sympathizers and not let them work and put them on a blacklist…what is the difference between the McCarthy era of the '50s and the Million Moms saying, 'Hey, JCPenney and all you other stores, don't you hire gay people. Don't you dare.' What's the difference?"

Bolding mine.

Personally, I don't care for O'Reilly, lol, but what he's saying here is on the mark.

It's scary and sad that I couldn't see the obvious nonsense caused by Mom's, as in mothers, as in, mommies. I couldn't accept that a mom could make a public announcement/spectacle simply over someone's sexual preferences. Then to make it worse, to try to bully a company into firing her.

No excuses for their intent, this was a witch hunt. I no longer need to read a quote from them to know hate when I see it.

Had this rally been at an elementary school and for legitimate, reasonable concerns as a concerned parent... I would understand more but the rally and their reasons for rallying was solely motivated by hate.

I sincerely apologize to everyone for my ignorance and blindness, I just couldn't see how a bunch of "mom's" could purposely hate like this

edit on 14-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

A realization.

If NOM's rallied at JC Penny that day for the simple fact that Ellen Dengeneres is gay, then yes, imo, they're a bunch of haters and it's disgusting that they tried to get her fired for "...for being GAY!...

I tried to go over the thread and the links again to find where NOM's is quoted "for being gay". I understand the base of NOM's existence is because of the same sex subject. I understand their fear of losing their right to chose what and how their children will be told, influenced, by the same sex subject.

However, I don't understand, (couldn't wrap my head around) the fact that they would target someone and harass someone and insist they lose their job.... for being gay

The only article I can wholeheartedly agree with is the one quoting Bill O'Reilly that was added to the thread by Annee.

Witchhunt

"If you remember with the McCarthy era of the 1950s and they were trying to hunt down communist sympathizers and not let them work and put them on a blacklist…what is the difference between the McCarthy era of the '50s and the Million Moms saying, 'Hey, JCPenney and all you other stores, don't you hire gay people. Don't you dare.' What's the difference?"

Bolding mine.

Personally, I don't care for O'Reilly, lol, but what he's saying here is on the mark.

It's scary and sad that I couldn't see the obvious nonsense caused by Mom's, as in mothers, as in, mommies. I couldn't accept that a mom could make a public announcement/spectacle simply over someone's sexual preferences. Then to make it worse, to try to bully a company into firing her.

No excuses for their intent, this was a witch hunt. I no longer need to read a quote from them to know hate when I see it.

Had this rally been at an elementary school and for legitimate, reasonable concerns as a concerned parent... I would understand more but the rally and their reasons for rallying was solely motivated by hate.

I sincerely apologize to everyone for my ignorance and blindness, I just couldn't see how a bunch of "mom's" could purposely hate like this

Sweetliberty: it takes an awesome person to be able to admit what you have admitted. Not that you should care what I think, but my level of respect for you has just gone up about 800 percent.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I know if you focus on something for a while, then "let go" and think about something else, your subconscience will sort through all of the mess in your head and .... in my case.... throw a ton of bricks up-side my head... I would be able to get somewhere in this.

Your kindness is appreciated but certainly not expected and I know I don't deserve anyone's respect... for finally seeing the hateful actions of NOM's .. butttt, lol, thank you for that.

I'm certainly going to question myself a lot for a long time to come on many things. My head hurts right now... since coming to the realization of this, lol.

I can't believe I was so dense!

All this time my black wolf was warring with my white wolf... if you know what I mean. I had to break the wall down for inner peace and truth.
Eta: A wall I didn't know was there.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I am speechless...

I have to agree with all that kaylaluv just said

I actually do have more to say - so, more later when I am able

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Sweetliberty: it takes an awesome person to be able to admit what you have admitted. Not that you should care what I think, but my level of respect for you has just gone up about 800 percent.

DITTO!

With respect

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

'Hey, JCPenney and all you other stores, don't you hire gay people. Don't you dare.' What's the difference?"

I think Bill is challenging stores on discriminating against gays in hiring. That is a good thing.

There are LGBT people who keep track of stores gay hiring practice. I don't remember hearing anything negative about JC Penney. Target is one of the top stores for gay hires.

However - - one of the top corporate Target guys donated $150,000 to the campaign of an anti-gay politician. There was a huge uproar about that from LGBT organizations. They felt betrayed after promoting Target as a model for gay equality. (I don't remember if it was corporate money or personal money).

Over all - - hiring equality is going in the right direction.

I guess that relates to the topic - since it relates to what Bill said in support of Ellen.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This is what fear does to people. Ellen was simply guilty, (period) and I defaulted to that mindset... after all, these were moms and now the education system is referring our children to websites that illustrate sexual positions and their teaching alternative lifestyles in elementary schools.

My natural personality naturally defaults to humor but I can't giggle at this because it's new to me... an eye opener and a very sad state of affairs to witness and to have been a part of.

Until this thread, I'd never heard of NOM's or AFA. Then Spira shared with us a little bit of research he/she took time out to read. He sounded to me like he was graciously backtracking to confirm his beliefs/stance. He mentioned the Jim Crow legislation and miscegenation laws. This might sound like the epitome of ignorance but I thought "Jim Crow" was a has-been musician. I had to know (read) what Spira knew (was reading), lol.

Well with Spiramirabilis post and being called a racist.....
I tried to look through your eyes, to see what you all was seeing. I'm still pretty heartbroken about everything... the subject, my ignorance, my actions and reactions, ... It's really hard to explain but I couldn't let go, leave the thread until I knew what the hell was going on on here.
Nothing seemed to make sense.
Well it does now (I hope, hehe)... Had Ellen said Boo! I would have pee'd my pants, me and million moms .
This is what fear does.
She was Guilty (period).

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

However - - one of the top corporate Target guys donated $150,000 to the campaign of an anti-gay politician. There was a huge uproar about that from LGBT organizations. They felt betrayed after promoting Target as a model for gay equality. (I don't remember if it was corporate money or personal money).

I like the way JC Penny handled things.
As far as I can tell, it was like...
JC Penny CEO asking Ellen: Want a job?
Ellen: Sure, why not...
CEO: Hired...
What I don't like is when someone donates to a cooperation and then if things don't go their way... they feel betrayed. I promise you I'm not speaking directly at LGBT or Target. I'm speaking of the implied power of money and the shenanigans of the cooperate world.
I have a great respect for Target in more ways than one. They intentionally upgraded their security cameras. When viewing the film, you don't see the grainy-look. A man was easily identified as the murderer of a teen who was abducted in the parking lot of a Target store because of the clarity of the film. Target didn't have to use the better quality, higher priced equipment but they did, imo, because they care.

Over all - - hiring equality is going in the right direction.

I'm thankful Central Florida, for the most part, has the ability to look at the person and their abilities instead of the other stuff.

edit on 14-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: trying not to go off topic

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

This is what fear does to people. Ellen was simply guilty, (period) and I defaulted to that mindset... after all, these were moms and now the education system is referring our children to websites that illustrate sexual positions and their teaching alternative lifestyles in elementary schools.

No worries.

Even at my age I continue to learn.

I've changed my mind so many times over the years by listening/reading/viewing/participating etc - - on almost all areas of life.

You just have to be open and willing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

. . . these were moms and now the education system is referring our children to websites that illustrate sexual positions and their teaching alternative lifestyles in elementary schools.

I know there are websites of everything you want to know and don't.

However - there is also at least one "girl sex" website. I believe it was started by a female doctor or psychologist. I saw her in a TV discussion segment about teenage sex. I don't remember her name or the name of the site.

It explains and answers questions any young girl might have. And it does get very detailed. It also includes information on Lesbian sex.

This is the type of site NOM/AFA would search out - - then try to spin it as harmful to teen girls.

Yes - NOM/AFA are FEAR based.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

edit on 2/14/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: edit because I'm slow

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

hey Sweetliberty - I'll reply to this one because - I thought this was a very meaningful post - as much as the other

My natural personality naturally defaults to humor but I can't giggle at this because it's new to me... an eye opener and a very sad state of affairs to witness and to have been a part of.

yeah - that's me too - everything is funny - almost :-)

it doesn't always win me any points though

Then Spira shared with us a little bit of research he/she took time out to read. He sounded to me like he was graciously backtracking to confirm his beliefs/stance. He mentioned the Jim Crow legislation and miscegenation laws.

it wasn't new information - but I was curious to see how things were actually promoted and them signed into law - and then how those laws were changed - it was a long process - and like I said - hard to believe it was for real

you mentioned earlier that the two fights can't be considered the same - and you're right - in some ways they can't

but then - yes - they absolutely can if you look at this subject more closely

I won't bother posting specifics - but here you go:
en.wikipedia.org...

you know - it happened then pretty much the way it's happening now - people look at things differently - and once you see it for what it is - you can't un-see it

It's really hard to explain but I couldn't let go, leave the thread until I knew what the hell was going on on here.

brilliant

talk about denying ignorance - you just did what so many others have done - just in your own time is all - but - brilliant

you're not alone:

Most significantly, supporters won the support of the Senate president, Stephen M. Sweeney, who abstained from voting two years ago. He has since called that the biggest mistake of his political life, and is the bill’s chief proponent. As the tally was flashed on a board above the Senate chamber, Senator Sweeney, a Democrat from Gloucester County, thrust a thumbs-up in the air.

“These are human beings with feelings that love their partners and they want to be married,” he said. “So be it.”

Senator Jennifer Beck, of Monmouth County, who voted no two years ago, was one of two Republicans to vote yes this time. “Our republic was established to guarantee liberty to all people,” she said. “It is our role as elected representatives to protect all of the people that live in our state.”
www.nytimes.com...

and in case you want to feel all giddy and everything - two real nice pieces - mostly :-)
seattletimes.nwsource.com...
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

all for one - and one for all I say

but I'm a real Pollyanna sometimes (sometimes) so...maybe don't go by me :-)
edit on 2/14/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
but I'm a real Pollyanna sometimes (sometimes) so...maybe don't go by me :-)

I was definitely Pollyanna in my younger days.

Its taken me a lot real life to get where I am. And NO that doesn't mean "bitter". It just means "real life" is "real life".

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I wanted to say something about this yesterday - but then forgot to get back to it

you don't owe anyone an apology - least of all us

I think you know that - I understand why you said it

but this isn't about teams - or opposition - or being a good person or a bad person...

it's about what's right - and none of us (none of us - and that's me too) always agree on what is right - not all of us see it the same way or at the same time

and it's not about Christian bashing, or conservative bashing - it's about looking out for the rights of everyone

this is something I wish I could explain to ThirdEyeofHorus ( I hope you're still with us ThirdEye)

I know that was preachy - I apologize for that

but that line in your post really got to me yesterday - this is a public forum - sometimes I forget how personal and real things can get in here

as I said earlier - thanks for a real - and intelligent - back and forth - it doesn't happen all that often

see you around the hood sweetliberty

:-)

edit on 2/15/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I'd like to share with you a little story that I feel is on topic with the OP, if I may. At the end of the brief story, I'll quickly tie it in with the OP for the sake of any misunderstandings.

Once upon a time a four year old (super-duper cute) little boy felt the call of nature while playing with his friends at Pre-K. He made his way to the little restroom (one toilet) located at the front of his classroom near the flower seedlings the class planted in egg cartons.
While he was doing his business another four year old boy walked in there.
Within an hour, the first boy's mother was called and asked to come up to the school, the principle wanted to talk to her.
By the end of the school day, it was documented that there was a child-on-child sexual assault.
I'll fast-forward the story to share a bit of good advice given to the mother of the son who was assaulted. She was told by someone she highly respects, to refrain from asking her son questions about the incident. He added that it would also be a good idea if no one reacted in a highly charged way while in the presence of the little boy.
The advice was simple and healthy. The mother told her son, if he ever had any questions about what "Johnny" did to him while in the restroom, he could go to her and ask all the questions he desired.
The End
There's a reason I shared that story believe it or not....

If the adults in the OP (either side) could truly understand the damage they're creating onto our youth from the overly sensitive judgmental, screaming opinions, they would be ashamed of themselves. (I hope).

The Mother of the above story learned a valuable lesson and it benefited her son in many ways.
If our sexual orientation is a natural part of our make-up, than it's probably best for the adults to stfu and allow the children to go to a mentor or parent when they're (naturally) ready to ask the questions.... "Why do I like... (this or that).
Imo, we should drop everything back up, and take a good look ... through the eyes of the children.

This post ties into the OP extension of "rally's" and "Moms".

edit on 15-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

and it's not about Christian bashing, or conservative bashing - it's about looking out for the rights of everyone

I didn't realize that until it was almost too late... Thank God for, people like you and Annee, Kaylaluv and Third EyeHorus

To forgive and to understand... it doesn't always happen. Thank you.

To Annee: You are precious! (so not to get smacked by any mod's again.... I'm building up the nerve to a ... forgive me U2U "hello" and will U2U any off topic messages from now on)

See ya on the boards Spira ...
PS, Haha, I saiddddddd God
jk
________________________________________________________________________________________

I was asked by Andersensrm about specifics that are (to be) and/or taught already in the classrooms so I found a link to share... Does Sex-Ed Undermine Parents?

edit on 15-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: to complete a sentence

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thanks for providing the link. I don't know if it is different where I live, but I remeber having a sex ed class in elementary school, that was completely optional, I remeber going home, and having my parents sign it, and if you never brought a signature in, then you were excused for that week of schooling. Then I had another Sex ed class in High school, that was a lot more detailed. It didn't really talk about sex, rather the ramifications of it, such as disease, children, and how to prevent some of these ramifications.

I guess where I am coming from this, is I get that parents want the right to teach and raise their kids however they wish. However, there comes a point, where certain parental action, or negligence leads to a society where people don't know how to use birth control, or how to protect themselves from disease. I think things like this, birth control, how to use it, how it works, and learning about diseases and how to protect agains't them, is a necessary thing to protect our society. Its not about undermining anyones beliefs, its about providing knowledge to everyone, so we can be a better society. Which I think is a good thing, but of course this is my opinion.

That being said, this is a thread about the million moms rally agaisnt Ellen, which does narrow it down quite a bit, and it is hard to talk about without going off topic.

To sweet liberty:
To go from one belief, to another, is extremely difficult, and admitting that you made mistakes stunned me. I think people like you are extremely rare. I apologize if I came off as aggressive or offensive in any way.

Quick question, OP means original post right? Just to clarify.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Whether they should or shouldn't have boycotted Glenn Beck is beside the point. The fact is they did boycott. Liberals always believe that their thing is better than the conservatives thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
thats odd.
to me it doesnt matter what your sexuality is.
idk.
why would soccer moms do that to ellen degeneres?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join