It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 45
32
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee
 


What does the "please and thank you" thing have to do with Hollywood? Hollywood is just as capable of producing decency as degeneracy.


Really not interested in your Communist paranoia - - REPEAT!

Doubt we were discussing what type product Hollywood puts out.




posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Annee
 




Propaganda that military recruiters are allowed on campuses - - but anti-war supporters are not? (just a point - I am not a pacifist. In my heart yes - in reality no)


being a pacifist in your heart still makes you a pacifist

just sayin'

:-)


If only it could be real. But it isn't.

The physical world - is the physical world.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty
 


I'm not an advocate for "protecting" children from reality I'm just not so righteous that I would interfere with another parents parenting.


so, what about the parents (even non-gay parents) that want this in the schools?

this thread is about one group not wanting people to acknowledge the lifestyle of another group in any kind of meaningful or public way - because it goes against their values

their values - as in their special, more important than everyone who is not them's values :-)

what are you even doing in this thread sweetliberty? are you just a contrarian? lol!


Oh... I told David I would love him no matter who he is or what he did. I specifically mentioned if he was gay, it wouldn't change my love for him.
He was allowed his own personal feelings about such subjects. Imo, even if I were to try to influence him, he would eventually grow into his own opinion anyway, so I just let it happen for him.


like I said - why you givin' us grief then? :-)

this whole thing is about special rights - and how (or even why) do we decide who is the most special?

'parents rights' are not two words that determine anything - there are all kinds of parents



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Annee
 




Propaganda that military recruiters are allowed on campuses - - but anti-war supporters are not? (just a point - I am not a pacifist. In my heart yes - in reality no)


being a pacifist in your heart still makes you a pacifist

just sayin'

:-)


If only it could be real. But it isn't.

The physical world - is the physical world.


words are real Annee - and they accomplish amazing things



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ok Annie, this sword cuts both ways. You are bothered by what you call the "extreme right". Of course that always conjures up images of right wing militias toting guns and members of KKK or Neo Nazis. You know you are promoting this image when you use the term.


You are interpreting again.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee
 


What does the "please and thank you" thing have to do with Hollywood? Hollywood is just as capable of producing decency as degeneracy.


Really not interested in your Communist paranoia - - REPEAT!

Doubt we were discussing what type product Hollywood puts out.


Cmon, what was the "please and thank you" bit? You said it before. I just don't understand your point with it. My mother taught me to curtsey but what does that have to do with Hollywood?
I assumed you thought I believed that all of Hollywood was inherently bad and you felt a need to justify your family. What other reason did you have to interject your son as a producer in Hollywood? Or are you justifying the production of propaganda?

Of course you are not interested in learning about communist subversion because it would blow everything you believe in. Who wants to know that the very thing they are most interested in promoting is part of a sham indoctrination?
Again, what if we talked about the Illuminati instead of communist doctrine for One World Takeover?



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ok Annie, this sword cuts both ways. You are bothered by what you call the "extreme right". Of course that always conjures up images of right wing militias toting guns and members of KKK or Neo Nazis. You know you are promoting this image when you use the term.


You are interpreting again.


Alright, then why don't you reinterpret it for me so I understand your definition? What is "extreme" right for you?



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I'm not going to go off topic into metaphysical discussions.

I actually believe everything is energy and thought is creative energy. Thought has more effect on the whole - more so then words. Because thought behind the word - - is truth - - the word itself may not be.

OK - - enough of that.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Alright, then why don't you reinterpret it for me so I understand your definition? What is "extreme" right for you?


In this thread - NOM/AFA are extreme right Christians. (I find no need to explain political right).

They want to use their version of Christianity to deny Equal Rights to a minority group. Rights that everyone else has.

Its interesting that "some" think its perfectly OK to tell gays to keep it at home.

I say NOM/AFA's can keep it at home.

Religion is a belief and not a valid reason in a secular government to deny Legal Equal Rights.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


What does that mean Annie? Extreme Right Christians? What do extreme right Christians believe? Oh, that's right it's extreme to believe that the natural family consists of one man, one woman, and one or more children? This is only an extreme concept to people on the far left, but as every Christian knows, it is the Holy Family.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Cmon, what was the "please and thank you" bit? You said it before. I just don't understand your point with it. My mother taught me to curtsey but what does that have to do with Hollywood?


Here is what you actually said: "Do you believe that the crazy lifestyle of Hollywood promotes well-being when they are invariably exposed to all kinds of recreational drugs and all manner of excesses?"

No way were you referring to the product Hollywood puts out.

You were stereotyping an imaginary place/culture. Yes there is a geographic area known as Hollywood - - but the mailing address is Los Angeles.

The area known as Hollywood is a "dump". Its old - rundown - and not a pretty place.

The industry Hollywood - - has just as many conservatives as it has liberals. My daughter works in production and keeps asking me why everyone hates Obama.

The actual industry itself - - reflects the overall current culture - - just like any where else in the nation. Were there drugs and wild parties? Yes - - in the 70s/80s - - just as there were every where else in the nation.

Today - - the industry also reflects the over all culture. Today its about Health and Awareness - - and how you treat people. The "Please" and "Thank you" is the acceptable behavior in the industry today.

And of course all southerners are represented by Swamp People.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis
 





so, what about the parents (even non-gay parents) that want this in the schools?

The Department of Education should be abolished, imo. It should be given back to the States and then the people of those states can go from there.
Too much responsibility has been passed from parents, people in general, by the government already.
What if there was a movement that spread across the land like a rapid wild fire that insisted our schools teach that Liberalism is wrong in every way shape and form?
What I'm trying to say is there are already too many nanny's in our lives.
If we were all face to face in the same room discussing this, could you look me in the eye and tell me the education system should be allowed to do my job?
Children don't need a teacher to tell them about alternative lifestyles. Parents, the internet and their friends already do that.
All children do however need to be taught to treat others how they would want to be treated. To accept others as who they are.



this thread is about one group not wanting people to acknowledge the lifestyle of another group in any kind of meaningful or public way - because it goes against their values their values - as in their special, more important than everyone who is not them's values :-)

Your "special, more important than everyone who is not them's values" sounds like the other teams argument against ... the other team. That is argued by both sides, lol.
If parents are feeling a major intrusion on their children, they will be forced to take sides.
The word "protective" in this sentence means ... the head of the household, per se, chooses to protect their parental rights of educating their children about the world and the differences in them.
Why would you want to take that away from them?



what are you even doing in this thread sweetliberty? are you just a contrarian? lol

I'm a parent (well, ... I'm an adjusting empty-nester... adjusting quite well too ... party time bye bye beautiful boy
) Anyway, I'm on here to learn and to understand and now realizing just how important it is for parents to realize there's som'in going on here that starting to suck goose eggs!



like I said - why you givin' us grief then? :-) this whole thing is about special rights - and how (or even why) do we decide who is the most special? 'parents rights' are not two words that determine anything - there are all kinds of parents

This reminds me of when the seat belt law came into effect in Florida.
My son and I had a discussion about it.
I'm a seat belt wearer because I have a bondage fetish...oh, I mean a hugging fetish
(no I didn't talk to my son about my fetish)

Anyway, he spewed all the politically correct crap about why it should be a law.
I pointed to the man at the stop light next to us. I asked David "Who are you to force that man to do something he might not want to do?"
We talked every which way but loose about the law. I'm saying that to say, ... we should be allowed to make up our own minds as to what we want to do in different situations. Just because there are irresponsible parents out there, that isn't a reason to infringe on all parents.
May I ask, ... Who do you think you are to tell me what's best for my son?

We already have to adhere to quackery government intrusion already.. from taxing the dust from white sugar, to taxing dust from an open bail of hay to polluting the environment with environmentalist friendly light bulbs that contain mercury... all the way to our toilets.
Government intrusion is like cancer, once it gets a hold, it doesn't want to stop until it's conquered us


I say, leave the parenting to the parents. Again, our children are already influenced by their friends, the internet, and socializing in the public.

Don't make me call you a control freak

edit on 13-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee
 


What does that mean Annie? Extreme Right Christians? What do extreme right Christians believe? Oh, that's right it's extreme to believe that the natural family consists of one man, one woman, and one or more children? This is only an extreme concept to people on the far left, but as every Christian knows, it is the Holy Family.


I'm really getting dizzy going in circles.

Trying to twist things around and present it with different wording - - - isn't going to fly.

Let's keep in simple. When you use conservative right politics to deny rights of a minority - - that puts you in the Right.

When your actions are so extreme - - you are officially put on a Hate List - - that puts you in the Extreme.

Thus Extreme Right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many Christians who understand Equal Rights - - - whether they agree/accept homosexuality or not.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I'm not going to go off topic into metaphysical discussions.

I actually believe everything is energy and thought is creative energy. Thought has more effect on the whole - more so then words. Because thought behind the word - - is truth - - the word itself may not be.

OK - - enough of that.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)


Until you bring the thoughts out into words, you won't know if thought is really truth.

This thread is proof of that.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Annee
 


If you think it's better for other people to teach or support the teaching of.... other than... History, English, Math, and the similar subjects to other peoples children then you are worse than those who you claim are haters.


Here's a history lesson I can't wait for my daughter to be taught: There used to be discrimination against gays, just like there was discrimination against blacks and women.... and now there's not.


Cool, that's the way it should be..... parents teaching their children



Yeah, if you want to homeschool your children, you can.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Yeah, if you want to homeschool your children, you can.


Or hire private tutors, which is what I do and they do not have to abide those ghastly school lunches. The private chef keeps them well fed and the nanny keeps them out of trouble. What people prattle on about with their problems I have no idea.

And, JC Penny? Dear God! How dreadful.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Until you bring the thoughts out into words, you won't know if thought is really truth.

This thread is proof of that.


Lot's of lies behind words.

Thought energy is pure - - it doesn't fool the whole.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis
 





one group not wanting people to acknowledge the lifestyle of another group in any kind of meaningful or public way


Heyyyyy let's talk about how the seculars hate Christians so much? I've seen so much hate just bubbling up over the surface, the secular liberals are always ridiculing and poking fun at Christians in one way or another. Why can't the seculars just accept Christians for their lifestyle? After all, Christians just want to go to church and raise their kids, and they just wanna work!



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Until you bring the thoughts out into words, you won't know if thought is really truth.

This thread is proof of that.


Lot's of lies behind words.

Thought energy is pure - - it doesn't fool the whole.


Lies behind words, lol... what's behind the words? ..... thoughts.

When thoughts are brought out into life, they either work or they fail.
In life we have the thinkers and the producers.
The producers are also thinkers. The thinkers never produce... they just think





edit on 13-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Annee
 


If you think it's better for other people to teach or support the teaching of.... other than... History, English, Math, and the similar subjects to other peoples children then you are worse than those who you claim are haters.


Here's a history lesson I can't wait for my daughter to be taught: There used to be discrimination against gays, just like there was discrimination against blacks and women.... and now there's not.


Cool, that's the way it should be..... parents teaching their children



Yeah, if you want to homeschool your children, you can.


If you homeschool, you still have to pay taxes to your local school district. Same as when you put your child in a private school. Oh the folly of redistribution.



new topics

top topics



 
32
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

log in

join