It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ah we are still on this issue? Choice of a partner is no difference than choice of religion. And here I thought humankind would be done with this issue by now.

Sometimes I think people need a reality check.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Really?

The world is going to hell in a hand basket and one million women are worried about Ellen?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
By the way: ONE MILLION MOMS - - is the name of the group.

From what I've read - - they are not even a large group. Don't let the name fool you.

OH, thank god.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
I grew up in the Christian church, even into adulthood. I saw so much hate and hypocritacal behaviour I could no longer buy into it. Funny thing is, today I saw a study that shows the right wing is much less intelligent than the left, imagine that I could have told them that from observation.

I grew up Christian. I spent 60 years searching for god - - resulting in Atheism. It is lack of what I found - - rather then what I found.

Hatred of God and church because of how you were treated - - or how you perceived you were treated - - is not the right reason to turn against it IMO.

Most gays I've known were Christian.

There is more then just God belief - - IMO when it comes to Fundamental Christians. There's ignorance - fear - control - anger - etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

Exactly...

This women obviously isn't getting laid....Probably has issues with her looks and weight and is just not a nice person and tends to create her own drama. She has few friends that actually like her because she is so annoying to be around and is too controlling and egotistical.

^ Pretty much sums up about 40% of the women in this country....so yea I'm surprised there weren't more women than this.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
BTW... focusing on the post now... gay people are regular people like everyone else and only those blinded by religion and bigotry attack a gay lifestyle.

Everyone attempts to blame all racism and bigotry primarily on the 'undereducated' when this is not the fact.

Bigotry and racism is alive and well in every big city of this country, SADLY...

The fact that you felt the need to point out that "gay people" are "regular people" just goes to show how far we have to go, in order to recognize that humans are humans. This is a sad state of affairs the world is in.

This post was not intended to flame the OP, just to point out a disparity in the populations thinking when it comes to our differences.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Annee

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay.

Thanks for the info.

How many marched then???

And if they are not 1 million moms why do they call themselves that

Its like a mom-to-mom fringe group of NOM (National Organization for Marriage)

There's also a One Million Dad's group.

I have no idea how many marched or boycotted.

I'm sure in their mind they think they represent millions of moms.

A link to the One nillion moms web-site: One million moms

Check out the reader board:

JC Penney Offends Again Make a personal phone call to JC Penney's corporate headquarters and ask JC Penney to replace Ellen Degeneres as their new spokesperson immediately to remain neutral in the culture war.

They call boycotting a store because of the sexual orientation of a spokes person neutral......

They must be a christian organization.

This is their mission statement:

Who is OneMillionMoms.com?
OneMillionMoms.com is an online project of American Family Association, a 501(c)3
nonprofit, conservative, pro-family organization based in Tupelo, Mississippi. AFA has been in existence for over 25 years and is a well-respected member of the pro-life and pro-family community. AFA exists to motivate and equip citizens to change the culture to reflect Biblical truth.

edit on 4-2-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A little more about the milion moms mission:

Current Issue

JC Penney is Now Insulting Its Customers

OMM began contacting JC Penney after the store announced that comedian Ellen Degeneres would become the company's new spokesperson. Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of its customers are traditional families. As consumers, what we find tragic is a corporate office and customer service department that not only transfers customers to voicemail, but even hangs up on them rather than verses hearing their concerns.

It is absurd to think that a company would find treating customers in this fashion an acceptable behavior. Our members stated their concerns in a kind, professional manner. Insulting customers by ignoring us will not be tolerated. OMM members can shop elsewhere if JC Penney does not appreciate our business. Unless JC Penney decides to be neutral in the culture war and listen to customers in a considerate fashion, their brand transformation will be unsuccessful.

Degeneres is not a true representation of the type of families who shop at the retailer. The small percentage of customers they are attempting to satisfy will not offset their loss in sales by offending the majority.

Since JC Penney won't listen to us nationally, it is time we let them hear from us locally!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I'm not Christian and I fully support the million mums!

I could think of many decent female celebrities that could fill the shoes of good PR. Ellen DeGeneres is'nt one of them.

I've brought many items from JC Penny online, not any more until they drop this PR stunt.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by mileysubet

I'm not Christian and I fully support the million mums!

I could think of many decent female celebrities that could fill the shoes of good PR. Ellen DeGeneres is'nt one of them.

I've brought many items from JC Penny online, not any more until they drop this PR stunt.

And what PR stunt is that? What message are they telling you?
If you wear the clothes you're going to turn gay?
edit on 4-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Are they going to go after Home Depot too for using Martha Stewart who is nothing short of a criminal liar and was caught red handed doing inside trading?

Wait no that would be a ethics based decision thus it would be out of bounds and character for such an organization. They aren't about morality, they are about forcing their interpretation of morality down our throats.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

We all pay the piper, the reaper comes a knocking

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

What makes you think that, there are billions of people, we are not talking robots here

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Basically what it comes down to:

This thread is a hate thread towards the women of this little campaign

This is a thread to say that it is wrong, and therefore should be illegal, for these women to create such a campaign, in which case you are creating a double standard.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Re-read it again. I think they are being childish. I don't care what they protest, but heck, Ellen did nothing to them. If she did something to them, they would have a leg to stand on. Their protest is meaningless.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
there shouldnt be two sides to this argument, gay people have the right to be gay, end of story.
we don't call black people by the n word which is derogatory, why would we allow slander of gay people like this??

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

And to all the bible thumpers, all sins are equal in your God's eyes and all humans sin, so thats not even a valid excuse to hate someone.

I so agree! I do not understand the incredible phobias regarding sexual preference. If we were not all up in each others business who would know. What has happened to live and let live. It is getting to be like the McCarthy era, only instead of political views it is sexual preference. It looks like bullies to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well this is stupid.

Also hasn't Ellen been out of the closet for a good time now? What miffed this moms off so much that they jumped into the game late?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Are you kidding me? Hey you soccer moms this isn't suburbia anymore.
Like I thought we just left the 60s" This is the new millennium and if she wants to be gay, she has every right to be gay. It's not like she's trying to convert your children.
Some people. I'm surprised they manage to round up a million people for this. It's just a dang job, just like any other job. Get a grip you step-ford wives.

news.yahoo.com...

ReutersBy Joshua L. Weinstein | Reuters – Thu, Feb 2, 2012

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families," the million (or so) moms write on their website. "DeGeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there."

edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

She is not GAY, she is a boring homosexual woman, nothing gay about her.
She dresses like a man and is openly trying to not be a woman.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

your post is the hate filled rant against christians.who told you christ had a horse,or a white robe?you sir are the bigot,learn some tolerance,it doesn't mean you have to like it.oh and while you're at it look up irony.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join