It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? Hey you soccer moms this isn't suburbia anymore.
Like I thought we just left the 60s" This is the new millennium and if she wants to be gay, she has every right to be gay. It's not like she's trying to convert your children.
Some people. I'm surprised they manage to round up a million people for this. It's just a dang job, just like any other job. Get a grip you step-ford wives.

news.yahoo.com...

ReutersBy Joshua L. Weinstein | Reuters – Thu, Feb 2, 2012

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families," the million (or so) moms write on their website. "DeGeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there."

edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+57 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

That's a lot of "bitter wifes'" I think there is a deeper underlying symptom here than just being bitter.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
JcPenney is still open? They have always had a horrible selection of clothing..I thought they went belly up..Oh well..This is stupid..people are stupid and close minded..that's all.

+65 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't really get why people dislike gay people? I mean who cares who she has sex with or falls in love with?

How does that make a person bad?

And to all the bible thumpers, all sins are equal in your God's eyes and all humans sin, so thats not even a valid excuse to hate someone.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't get this! Who cares who she loves and/or has sex with, it's not like JC Penny is forcing us to watch her and her wife "go at it", I really think people need to wake up and realize we are in 2012!!

I love Ellen, I think she funny and she's from here, and I'm straight!!!!

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It takes all kinds to make the world go round! Shame on them. People really miss opportunities connecting and learning really interesting people when they live such scared narrow minded lives.

Peace Ya'll

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
These are the stereotypical shoppers at JCP. I hate, Hate, HATE this commercial, but look how stupid the people they're marketing to are!

+47 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

If someone disagrees with this demonstration, feel free to counter it by patronizing JC Penney.

I make no allegations as to who is 'right' or who is 'wrong' in this... as mentioned, I don't really care as I rarely even drive by JC Penneys. I only point out the inconsistency. If one group gets to freely protest, the other group gets to freely protest as well.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I realize I am about to be flamed for this statement, but I would rather be burnt to a crisp by the flames of anger while standing for equality than remain safe, quietly hiding in silence, while I watch inequality being touted by those who cry for equality.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

And to all the bible thumpers, all sins are equal in your God's eyes and all humans sin, so thats not even a valid excuse to hate someone.

Religious nutters just like to HATE everything and everybody except themselves. They are nothing but trouble everywhere they go. Bunch of ignorant fools.

What do you expect from people who believe some [color=gold]2000 year old bearded guy in a white robe, riding a white horse is gonna come thru the clouds any moment now to rescue all of the hateful hippocrates of the world, to whisk them away to some heavenly paradise free from a TALKING SNAKE!!!

And surely their "heaven" party wouldnt last very long being that they would go absolutely CRAZY from not being able to HATE and HARM onto others. So eventually, this "heaven" of theirs would become extinct due to all the hate and fighting they would do there.

I wouldnt want to be in that "heaven" in the afterlife.
NOT with those DEVILS.

Just ignorant hateful backwards, un-evolved fools.

edit on 3-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Who is stopping them from protesting?

No one.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

"The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there."

Right... because THIS is better?

1970's catalog - not suitable for young children...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ellen Degeneres is an amazing woman, JcPenny is lucky to have here for advertising.

These woman are idiots.

Deny ignorance housewives of America.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Right on, is what I have to say to these women!

You know I always say that if we all work together to fight for what’s right --- we can change the world! And praise thee Jesus these women gots it goin’ on! “You go girls!” is what I say!

Sure the world’s gone to #. Protesters are getting assaulted by the police. Our politicians and bankers have stolen our parent’s (and children’s) savings. Grandma won’t be getting a new hip in this lifetime.

But it’s good to know that at least a million of the women out there have their priorities straight! I can’t speak for anyone else of course, but who better to dictate what goes on in my bedroom then some bigoted bible thumper who shops at J.C. Penny? In fact, I think it’s kinda kinky.

Imagine...inside every gay or bisexual bedroom, sits 1 million pudgy soccer moms angrily (and let’s be honest --- a little bi-curiously) watching a couple of guys or girls make out.

(All the while their husbands romance their neighbour’s goat) There I said it.

edit on 3-2-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: I don't want to be offensive towards rednecks

edit on 3-2-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

Are you implying gays are trying to convert children?

The old "gay agenda" BS.

Hey i'm in on it, and i'm not trying to convert anybody's child to be gay.

How ignorant.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
JcPenney is still open? They have always had a horrible selection of clothing..I thought they went belly up..Oh well..This is stupid..people are stupid and close minded..that's all.

Nope... JCPenny is alive and growing in the midwest, and I live in Phoenix and JC Penny does well here too...

A great place to shop with good clothing... nothing particulary trendy is true... but lots of people don't need little alligators on their shirts... lol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There are far more pressing matters for people to worry about than Ellen Degeneres being a spokesperson for JC Penny....and no...people shouldn't have a problem with it either.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
BTW... focusing on the post now... gay people are regular people like everyone else and only those blinded by religion and bigotry attack a gay lifestyle.

Everyone attempts to blame all racism and bigotry primarily on the 'undereducated' when this is not the fact.

Bigotry and racism is alive and well in every big city of this country, SADLY...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You will be surprised what changes these idiots have already been successful in changing.

They really peeved me when they got 3 sponsers to drop ads from Rescue Me.

Check out the link for thier `SUCCESS www.onemillionmoms.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join