It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricanes are a good way for population control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how we can send a man to the moon, yet have done nothing to stop hurricanes?

The truth is if we could really stop all threatening natural disasters, the population would grow and grow until the whole world would be over-populated, leading to major problems in the economy. Bush and Blair don't want this, so they are welcomed into the world.

There are already sources which conclude that the hurricanes that have threatened Florida have killed more than reported. The government are trying to pretend they care about the oncomng threats, and put us in a false sense of security. Yet 200 mile hurricanes kill only 100 people. If that? Believe me, they are killing thousands, and more hurricanes are building as we speak to wreak more havoc and take more peoples lives.

Believe me, Bush and Blair are putting on an act that is so obvious yet so unbelievable, many people would not even consider how evil these people are. They engineer problems to make profit. The 9/11 attacks proved this, the Pentagon being the most obvious incident of deceit. They are not even considering any action to counter hurricanes, because the loss of life is of profit to them. We need to open peoples eyes before it's too late, but they won't listen! Why are they not asking their government what they are doing to help us?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Didn't we already go over this? Hurricanes would be a very poor device for population control.

NOW the government using HAARP to create hurricanes in order to make the public dependent on said government. There's a conspiracy for ya!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I thought I would bring it up for my first post as believe me, it is what I feel very strongly about.

I would not put anything past them! They can and will, as has been proved, create anything they want for their benefit.

MJ

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Since you have two topics here Ill respond to the Hurricane one. NO there have not been thousands killed by any hurricane(s) since the early part of last century when there was no satellite and no radar. Example Galveston Texas back then. Caught em completely off guard with no advance notice at all. What hurricanes ARE doing is wreaking havoc on the economys of many island countrys as well as continents. Is the economic loss what the New World Order wants ? hmm for another topic i guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Don't believe what the government tells you. You see it is those kind of figures that are being passed on through the news that are always regarded as fact when they are disinformation. They love the disinformation. There is no way a hurricane only managed to take tens of lives. Even the official facts of Hurricane Galveston which went through Texas is were 8,000-12,000 were estimated dead, since the 1900's the facts have obviously been manipulated. Since hurricanes twice the size are now only being reported to kill hundreds at the most. There is something very strange about that which doesn't add up.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJ
... NO there have not been thousands killed by any hurricane(s) since the early part of last century when there was no satellite and no radar. Example Galveston Texas back then. ...

You are wrong about this. Mitch in '98 had a confirmed death toll well into to the thousands and David in '79 had a huge toll when slammed the island of Hispanola.

I love hurricanes, the bigger the better. I see them as natures way of balancing things out. The little of bit of talk about possibily weakening these things using a man made method will not work, if it does it will just leave more energy behind for the next and if done over and over again will leave enough energy in the tropics for an extended hurricane season.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by jrod]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Crow
Don't believe what the government tells you. You see it is those kind of figures that are being passed on through the news that are always regarded as fact when they are disinformation. They love the disinformation. There is no way a hurricane only managed to take tens of lives.

Well, it's all kinds of news sources... including people calling family and friends. You honestly don't think that all of us who have family and friends and property (I'm one of those with all three) down there wouldn't know if some sort of mega-disaster hit, do you?

Particularly when we can drive down there to see our friends and family (if they haven't called in)? Don't you think that millions of people would be screaming loudly if somehow thousands of their relatives and friends just vanished?

Even the official facts of Hurricane Galveston which went through Texas is were 8,000-12,000 were estimated dead, since the 1900's the facts have obviously been manipulated. Since hurricanes twice the size are now only being reported to kill hundreds at the most. There is something very strange about that which doesn't add up.

What doesn't add up is your being unaware of the changes in building codes and building architecture since those days (I'm not being tacky... that's where your "it doesn't make sense" comes from. You're assuming that building technology hasn't changed in the past 100 years.) In that time, we've learned a lot about building stable buildings, about avoiding flood plains in building, and about predicting storms (the storm in the 1900's was before radar and they literally had no way of knowing it was headed toward them until it just showed up.)

I remember Hurricane Audrey in Louisiana - www.sun-sentinel.com...
There was some warning thanks to radar, but we had no real idea of what to do. The storm struck some of the poorer areas of the states, and there were almost no televisions and few radios to warn people. Nor did they have a measure of the strength.

What warnings they did have kept the death toll to around 400.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrodYou are wrong about this. Mitch in '98 had a confirmed death toll well into to the thousands and David in '79 had a huge toll when slammed the island of Hispanola.

Quite true... the US really isn't affected (except in terms of property damage) as heavily as other areas. But the poor who live in the Caribbean islands and on the coastal areas of Mexico are just sitting ducks for these storms. The governments aren't particularly progressive in trying to help families build safer housing, either.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Assuming we did have the ability to control hurricanes (which we might)

how many people die from hurricanes? i think contaminated air water and food supplies combined with trade embargos and explotative industry is a much more viable population control policy. (although sickening)

i think it is more of an excuse for US companies to rebuild such impoverished nations and or the state of florida. It might also be used to influence the florida elections, curb tourism, and reduce state profits to also influence state elections. It would also be a cheaper way to rezone.

this is assuming we have the ability to control hurricanes and a very sadistic president. ill let you make your own judements.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hurricanes are not a good form of population control. Even some can kill over 100,000(it has happened a few times particularly in the Indian Ocean a cyclone will hit a populated area and the results are catystrophic) they don take out a big enough chunk of the population to be effective.

Besides germ warfare, a tainted food supply, pollution, and straight up massacres; a relentless leader with enough resources could put large chunks of material into space and target them at cities and the oceans and really make a dent in the population in a very spectacular way.

I know there are methods to modify the weather and I am strongly against all of it, including trying to weaken hurricanes because i think it throws off the delicate balance of the worlds climate. Not like we havent already, I feel us humans should let the weather run its own show.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by jrod]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Umm Joey, you�re thinking a bit introspectively. Check out the number of worldwide deaths from famine daily and you'll get a better idea of what, if anything, could be considered population control.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
to continue what kegs said, the floods in India and the Far East and their Pacific storms take far more lives than our hurricanes do. And earthquakes.
It seems only the poor and disadvantaged countries suffer large loss of live from natural disasters.

I doubt it is government intervention, just Mother Nature. We seem to want to give man the power to control nature. Nature's been around a lot longer than man. And, she'll be here long after man is gone.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Don't you guys find it just a little coincidence that three consecutive hurricanes have been forming and attacking the US? Open your minds, there is something here, which doesn't add up. Stop listening to what the powers that be tell you and listen to those who have been effected by these man-made giants. People who know about what these hurricanes have really done are instantly shunned away because no one will listen! There is no way only tens of people died from a two-hundred mile wide hurricane, sorry, just a little bit too hard to believe.

Do some research into chemtrails if you don't understand how easily the skies and weather can be manipulated.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Joey Crow]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think stopping naturaly occuring fenomena, could spell far worse disaster on the long run then living with it(and go live somewere else instead of complaining).

Mother earth and Nature are a complicated machine. Lets take an example of a car. Because the engine makes alot of noise, you remove the engine and have to push it around.
Instead of protecting yourself against the noise with extra insulation or live with it because the impact of the added weight of the insulations totaly ruins the cars performance.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Don't you guys find it just a little coincidence that three consecutive hurricanes have been forming and attacking the US? Open your minds, there is something here, which doesn't add up. Stop listening to what the powers that be tell you and listen to those who have been effected by these man-made giants. People who know about what these hurricanes have really done are instantly shunned away because no one will listen! There is no way only tens of people died from a two-hundred mile wide hurricane, sorry, just a little bit too hard to believe.

Do some research into chemtrails if you don't understand how easily the skies and weather can be manipulated.

Thats just it, it's a coincidence, and probaly has something to do with global warming, although that can't actually be proven.

As for chemtrails, IMO hogwash.

And as for population control, well the number of people killed in natural disaters pails in comparison to those that die at the hands of others through war and conflict.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Thats just it, it's a coincidence, and probaly has something to do with global warming, although that can't actually be proven.

As for chemtrails, IMO hogwash.

And as for population control, well the number of people killed in natural disaters pails in comparison to those that die at the hands of others through war and conflict.

Well you should ask yourself how can it be a coincidence when there is always a reason for weather. Global warming doesn't suddenly kick in and create three hurricanes in small amounts of time, when they are usually rare in comparison. It's not something that's not evident one day and gives us unbelievable weather for months the next.

Go do some research on chemtrails and then come up with some better counter than "hogwash".

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I did ask myself and came to the conclusion, it's a coincidence.

As for the Chemtrails, another way of putting it, pure paranoia.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Weather is no coincidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This hurricane season is nothing expetional. Rare these years, but not exceptional. Look at 1995

This year we're still trailing 1995 by two named storms.

I think that the only reason this hurricane season seems so exceptional is that we have internet now, and direct contact with people who are a affected by the hurricanes. Not to mention all the weathermap websites around. So it's more on our minds now.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
don't blame hurricanes. Blame improper housing. most of the caribbean is filled of poorly constructed wooden frame houses with zinc roofs which are highly susceptible to falling under strong winds. The Caribbean also faces a higher death toll, because the people do not have the same access to supplies to prepare for a deadly storm as we do in the U.S.

With the future showing that severe weather will only occur more frequently and more intensely, a change in how homes are built need to be addressed by all countries and people living in hurricane zones. IMO mobile homes/trailer parks should be banned from the landscape of Florida, but that will never happen unless the govt steps in and provides financial assistance for those who choose cheap living to move a step up.

The dome home is a good example of the future of hurricane proof homes and if I could, a dome house will be my next home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join