It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens modeling for artists ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is a speculation topic with a little added wishful thinking ...

I'm a photographic artist. I do quite a bit of fantasy, science fiction, and sometimes surreal illustrations.

I book models for photo shoots and do lots of post processing work on the resultant photos.

Other artists, regardless of media preference; painting, sculpture, photography, video and other such also use models for a more realistic effect, whether the models are used in whole, part, morphed, costumed, or made up to different and varying degrees.

Aliens, IF they exist, and IF they are among us, or visiting, according to the sundry sources claiming they are, have a whole run of different looks and proportions that would be quite a pleasure for most any artist to capture or emulate to whatever degree.

Such aliens, IF they exist, seem to have a penchant for contact and human interaction. Some, according to different sources, depending on where you look, seem to want Disclosure, but also seem to have restrictive rules about coming out and out to MSM prime time.

It'd be interesting, IF these aliens did exist, were they to extend their human contact out to artists and creative sorts who's resulting projects, regardless the realism, would/could be passed off as feature exaggeration like slightly larger eyes and other morphology differing from Earth Human, to outright surrealism, pop culture, fantasy, science fiction, you get the picture.

Contact and exposure of this sort, once again IF the aliens are real, would give the aliens some slight degree more exposure in the human media/public forum, as well as deniability, regardless of what some wild eyed imaginative artist might claim as reality.

I for one would love to have photo shoots with Reptilians, Greys, Sexy Blonde Pleiedians, and/or any of the boggling hosts of differing species, real and/or imagined.
Who'd believe me if I claimed the resulting work was of REAL aliens?

What are your thoughts?

(If by chance you ARE an alien lurking here on ATS, well, like I said, let's do a photo shoot!
Examples of some of my work can be seen in my signature.)

edit on 3-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Who'd believe me if I claimed the resulting work was of REAL aliens?

What are your thoughts?

I suspected all along!!!

Mhmm, clearly the jello is an alien being!!!

Frankly, our modern special FX team is only limited by creativity. a pretty good show on syfy now (called Face Off) shows them in action...you can make some pretty amazing stuff in a few hours with a bit of paint, some latex, foam, etc. So, no need for the galactic modelling agency to fulfill alien looking stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
there were so many IFS in your post i wonder IF you expect a good response hmmm, what say you

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Frankly, our modern special FX team is only limited by creativity. a pretty good show on syfy now (called Face Off) shows them in action...you can make some pretty amazing stuff in a few hours with a bit of paint, some latex, foam, etc. So, no need for the galactic modelling agency to fulfill alien looking stuff.

Fun stuff!

Yes, I agree, there's no NEED what with special effects being what they are with makeup and CGI.
However, BECAUSE makeup effects and CGI are what they are, aliens, if real, could have an outlet for semi-disclosure, public exposure, while at the same time, total deniability.

link   
reply to post by nineix

I have thought of that, too because I'm a Photographer but my conclusion was, that if you shoot one of them it would be enough since they do look all the same

link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
Nowadays, every restaurant, laundry and pizza place is filled with aliens. I'm not surprised if they're taking up roles as photographic models either.

Droves of them are climbing over the fence from Mexico every day. It really is time that they clamped down on this.

Miss the point or being sarcastic and trying to push political views?

IMO aliens are not here.

Life is out there. But don't think they are visiting us.

link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
there were so many IFS in your post i wonder IF you expect a good response hmmm, what say you

I suspect you're a trolling newbie with nothing constructive to contribute.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
IMO aliens are not here.

Thus the big fat 'IF's in my OP. I agree, other intelligent life might be out 'there', but, the same vastness of the universe that makes this statistically probable would also prevent us from ever knowing they exist(ed), or ever saying 'hello'.

Still, due to the popularity of the subject, and prevalence of sightings, or witness accounts, whether they're real, fiction, collective uncocious, or what, something is going on, and though a skeptic, I'd certainly love it if aliens visiting us were indeed a reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yeah, I'm with you.

IF big IF they are here, why so shy?

Come out.

Show us we are wrong and you're really here.

Otherwise I will continue to be skeptical.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wayne Barlowe is one of my favorite artists...he does incredible illustrations of alien lifeforms from movies and literature-including his own creations.

Being an artist myself, I would kill for the chance just to meet ET, let alone sketch him!

waynebarlowe.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

If a picture paints a thousand words, then perhaps art provides alternative routes/methods of communication, beyond the sometimes superfluous nature of words. An ineffable experience can sometimes be too complex to convey with words. Music too may facilitate alien awareness.
I often wondered if artists like Robert Venosa, or Alex Gray had some type of alien forces working through them. Speculatively pondering here...

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Agree, after all what is interesting about little bags of a few worthless minerals and water? Besides you have to bite their heads off first, then often the good stuff spills.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
Wayne Barlowe is one of my favorite artists...he does incredible illustrations of alien lifeforms from movies and literature-including his own creations.

Being an artist myself, I would kill for the chance just to meet ET, let alone sketch him!

waynebarlowe.wordpress.com...

Yes, wonderful work!
Yes to just MEETING an alien with full knowledge, or at least strong indication that they are indeed such.

I just think with, as said before, the deniability factor, coupled with the penchant for teasing exposure would lure some into at least a few studios if not more than a few.

Who's going to believe an artist who's stock in trade is the use of imagination and creativity?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

What are your thoughts?

This is the most childish post I have ever seen on ATS.

Aliens abduct people in real life. They aren't part of magazine photo shoots and anybody who would think that is far away from real life.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

What are your thoughts?

This is the most childish post I have ever seen on ATS.

Aliens abduct people in real life. They aren't part of magazine photo shoots and anybody who would think that is far away from real life.

For some of us, your mention of abductions is just as much fantasy, or even mental disorder as your opinion of the topic.

You're disregard for open minded constructive discussion with a tinge of hostility is less than childish, indicating you may very need to revisit some valuable lessons taught in pre-school and kindergarden.

Please come back when you've had some decaf, or learn to interface with the adults in a proper and polite adult manner, regardless the fanciful nature of discussion.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sorry to be ff topic, but you did open the door.

When we try to "come out" you T. humans comdemn us for being delusional, charlatans, frauds, and other crap. You T. Humans NEVER aproach us with an open mind, only what "you want", and that is never realistic.
Your beliefs about us are so far fr truth, that it seems dubtful you will ever wake up or accet reality. Yet, you think yourselves s "rightous", and somehow "superior". It seems that you would rather have it your way, and not what is real. Nothing personal, nor am I blaming you (personally).

It is time to wake up and smell the coffee eople!

On topic: It is entirely probable that ETs have been photograhed, and nobdy realized it.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Uh, you have been aware of popular culture for the last half century?
You know, the UFO craze from T-shirts to movies, from on-line sites to hundreds of books?

No? Well, let me give you the best example from the early days of the enculuration of the UFO enigma.
This would be the "little Green Men concept originally started in the New Yorker magazine way back in the 1950s (I believe).

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Sorry to be ff topic, but you did open the door.

When we try to "come out" you T. humans comdemn us for being delusional, charlatans, frauds, and other crap. You T. Humans NEVER aproach us with an open mind, only what "you want", and that is never realistic.
Your beliefs about us are so far fr truth, that it seems dubtful you will ever wake up or accet reality. Yet, you think yourselves s "rightous", and somehow "superior". It seems that you would rather have it your way, and not what is real. Nothing personal, nor am I blaming you (personally).

It is time to wake up and smell the coffee eople!

On topic: It is entirely probable that ETs have been photograhed, and nobdy realized it.

Etharzi od Oma.

I take you error in spelling and grammar are due to the cultural differences involved with being from an alien culture.
If you ARE such, please, let's do a photo shoot.
What DO you want?

You make statements about we regular humans thinking we're so superior, BUT, isn't that exactly what you're doing/implying?
Where's the caring and sharing? Some of us would absolutely love to work with aliens in a cooperative venture, but, where are they?

I'd clean toilets on alien spaceships or any other task I may be deemed qualified for if it meant a ticket off this rock, and the chance to interact with other cultures.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by nineix

Uh, you have been aware of popular culture for the last half century?
You know, the UFO craze from T-shirts to movies, from on-line sites to hundreds of books?

No? Well, let me give you the best example from the early days of the enculuration of the UFO enigma.
This would be the "little Green Men concept originally started in the New Yorker magazine way back in the 1950s (I believe).

Your sarcasm is noted, but, your reading comprehension deficit is also glaringly showing and obtrusively observed.

Please re-reference the topic, including mentions of pop-culture, special effects, make up and such.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join