It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory about Religion,why God and the reasons he might not or be real.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi there guys,

#WARNING this thread may abuse some but I have no intention to do so. It is just a theory.#

So I recently started thinking.

The thing that people call ‘God’. Is it real or is it something that is made up.
Now the answer in my theory may resolve in both. I myself think that ‘God’ is a figure of imagination that was created to scare and make people, believe in what one person says (communism alert?) Also I believe that there is something else that may make people, think he exists. I also support that because it is possible although I’m not a believer. (Theory 3)

Ok first of all let me try to put some basic theories that I have heard, some may seem surreal or stupid. Some may seem clever and time worthy. But after all, this is only a theory and you may end up change you believes.-

Theory 1-The threat

One way to make someone give you something is by threatening them, the figure that is god himself, is considered really big, and at time humongous with power and he is capable of watching everyone and everything with his eyes. He is capable to decide your faith after death.
So this theory revolves around money and wealth. That’s why I think the catholic church can afford so much yet not a lot of people know why...Well it’s those simple donation that are made that are supposed to help the churches and the poor. What makes me curious is the high amount of money someone apparently needs to pay as I learned from a catholic person.10% off their earnings. I think that is a lot. Compared to the Muslim 2.5% (I think it’s around that)

Either way, this is a representative of a good and easy way to get money by telling people what will happen if they do not and therefore God is made up.

Theory 2-The tale

So we all heard the tales of dragons, brothers and sisters, giants and dwarfs. Maybe the story of God is a tale that has been passed on throughout the centuries and therefore might of gained a much more serious view from some and passed on as the word. It only takes a person to start a religion and someone may have by hearing that tale and believing in it. Having faith in something that apparently exists. And that’s how religion works; having faith in something therefore it is a possibility that religion is a tale that has been told by grand fathers of the past who learned or discovered something that made them make up such tale.
I believe this theory is not the most accurate because a tale can be at times fake and also it does not have the most support. Things change overtime; it seems like Chinese whispers at times.

Theory 3- Undefined

So this is a theory I personally have towards god and also the reason why we might be here. I do not exactly believe in it because of scientific research that has provided with a lot of answers but this may be interesting to take into account.
So as humans we always search and try to reach for the skies. Well that made me think, maybe we are not the only ones but we are a subject that have been placed on this planet and the one that put as on here is represented as God by others. I have this theory because we keep on looking for other land, therefore we might relate to (if the alien thing is possible) the aliens that sent us on here as an experiment on this planet. Maybe that could be the reason why some people believe in religion since it gives them a comfort zone that they could relate to and believe in.

Either way I hope you enjoyed this thread I would like to know what you think since I just posted those theories to see if you people would agree with some, disagree or something like that. Just to remind you guys, I’m not against any religion therefore if I somehow made someone upset, I’m sorry I did not intend to.

P.S-This is a rough written thread, so I’m sorry about mistakes and so on. Since it’s a bit late and I’m tired.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Over time, science has stripped away the magic from God. Since then, man has denied the existence of God, but in the process, has denied himself. I think that the sort of fabled Creator King of the Cosmos identify of God has outlived its usefulness, but the concept of God as everything expressing itself in unique ways dates as far back as 3300 BC (compared to Judaism, which goes as far back as the 11th Century BC in terms of historical and archaeological evidence).

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Over time, science has stripped away the magic from God. Since then, man has denied the existence of God, but in the process, has denied himself. I think that the sort of fabled Creator King of the Cosmos identify of God has outlived its usefulness, but the concept of God as everything expressing itself in unique ways dates as far back as 3300 BC (compared to Judaism, which goes as far back as the 11th Century BC in terms of historical and archaeological evidence).

No one is denying God. You can't deny something that doesn't exist. First, you need to establish that God is, in fact, real.

How do you get archaeological findings that date back to 11th century BCE when Judaism is only 4,000 years old?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms
Hi there guys,

So I recently started thinking.

The thing that people call ‘God’. Is it real or is it something that is made up.

Ok first of all let me try to put some basic theories that I have heard, some may seem surreal or stupid. Some may seem clever and time worthy. But after all, this is only a theory and you may end up change you believes.-

Theory 1-The threat

One way to make someone give you something is by threatening them, the figure that is god himself, is considered really big, and at time humongous with power and he is capable of watching everyone and everything with his eyes. He is capable to decide your faith after death.

Either way, this is a representative of a good and easy way to get money by telling people what will happen if they do not and therefore God is made up.

Theory 2-The tale

So we all heard the tales of dragons, brothers and sisters, giants and dwarfs. Maybe the story of God is a tale that has been passed on throughout the centuries and therefore might of gained a much more serious view from some and passed on as the word. Chinese whispers at times.

Theory 3- Undefined

So as humans we always search and try to reach for the skies. Well that made me think, maybe we are not the only ones but we are a subject that have been placed on this planet and the one that put as on here is represented as God by others. I have this theory because we keep on looking for other land, therefore we might relate to (if the alien thing is possible) the aliens that sent us on here as an experiment on this planet. Maybe that could be the reason why some people believe in religion since it gives them a comfort zone that they could relate to and believe in.

Some simple problems with your theory's
Problem 1
God doesnt want anything or ask for anything, only faith in Jesus (from the Christian perspective)
The money issue isnt relevant from a biblical standpoint in light of this Jesus teachings

2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians implies its better not to give money than give it without wanting to give. Yes the Catholics have a different attitude to what God wants. The bible states its better not to give than give with a bad attitude.

Problem 2
Chinese whispers? Just about every peoples of the word has a global flood belief, an Adam and Eve and a sin entering the world belief, a garden of creation story.
Maybe because its our history, everyones history.
The Chinese have a version of the flood with the Man called Nuwa leading the animals
creation.com...
Chinese whispers indeed.

Problem 3
As a Christian comfort is denied.
Anybody not accepting Jesus needs to be told, not a comfortable thing to do.
Sin is not acceptable, where sin is a natural desire. I have to deny myself to sin.
Repentance is accepting my failures and asking for forgiveness.
Destruction of humanity, friends and family who wont repent. Not comfortable
Living in a world where sin is glorified and as a Christian you cant stop it.
Now I know you are thinking we as Christians find comfort in heaven, thats not entirely true. See we live in the here and now. heaven isnt here and now

So they are just a few issues I see with your theory. Take them for what they are worth to you, dismiss what you want.
Cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

1. Government needs a god from whom it derives its authority.
2. Myths make the God.
3. Despite 1 and 2, there is a God, anyway, just not like what we think.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Theory 1-The threat

God is way ahead of our thinking on this one. Duplicity says one thing, but does another. Like the threat of punishment, duplicity seeks self-preservation, but at the same time, claims to be seeking God. This is eliminated with God by the necessity of faith and choice. There is no proof, just evidence. The only people that understand this fact are the faithful. Good is its own reward. I need nothing from God to see the evidence for my faith. Evidence comes by virtue and truth. God is evidenced by the fruit truth bears from our lives.

Theory 2-The tale

It only takes a person to start a religion and someone may have by hearing that tale and believing in it. Having faith in something that apparently exists.

This can be true in myth and other religions, but the Bible stands alone as a Living Word. God draws the future into the past for us to see two times. We see it in the past before it happens and then we see it again as it happens. If we are lucky, we see it a third time as the past. Evidence for the Bible is sitting in a narrow strip of land at the center of the world. All language East of Israel reads back toward the source (right to left). All language West reads from left to right. Not enough? How about the first three verses of the Genesis (Creation) account. Shouldn't we see all of physics summed up somewhere in this book?

Genesis 1:1-3 (Evidence LINK for more)

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Need more? What about how Time, Space, Energy and Matter are formed into reality? What process was used? How is the image of ATS produced? Is it energy in time, occupying a space, visible by the reflection of matter? YES. I am currently speaking to you from the past in a computer image. How did God do this with creation?

Genesis

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

So, we are inside the image and we are also the image of God in the form of light? WHATTTT!!!!! Believe it. Can I confirm how this was done? Why yes I can. WORD is information. Jesus (Living Word) was referred to in the parallel creation verse of John 1.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Light a candle, and darkness vanishes. Can you flip on darkness? No, it's an absence of light. I am flipping the light switch now. How was the world created in image by God? Did he leave us the blueprints? Science knows how he did it, but how can we know? The evidence was left in the word. The WorLd was created by Word from the Shepherd. The L in WorLd is a lamed. This is the shepherd's crook. Read the entire blueprint here from two Hebrew words: Linguistics of Word and WorLd

Theory 3- Undefined

So this is a theory I personally have towards god and also the reason why we might be here. I do not exactly believe in it because of scientific research that has provided with a lot of answers but this may be interesting to take into account.

Do you mean evidence like the periodic table? A man in a cave said that 666 would signify the mark of an economic system in the last days. Buying and selling would revolve around this number and it would be the mark of mankind. Carbon is what we use for fossil fuel and to construct and energize technology. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. God said to overcome with His Word. Nitrogen has 7 protons, 7 electrons and 7 neutrons. Oxygen is 888. God's number of completion is 777 and also his name in Hebrew Gematria. In Greek Gematria, Jesus is 888. Both of these gasses are what we breathe for life. We speak the Words of truth to overcome the beast. Who is the beast? All of us. The fruit of knowledge is technology.

Seeing only requires faith. We do not build our faith. God does. If we seek his authority, the fruit is given freely. If we take it, it kills us. Can you see it in the world today by evidence?

Matthew 6
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Read Genesis 3 to see technology.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I agree with the first one because religion can be proven to be a distraction from what is happening.
Also the others in some way especially the last one because there is a possiblilty that god exists but he is a person that has not reached our world probably as I said,an alien.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

No problem,
As i mentioned before some have been taken from what i heard by other people so I do not exacly believe in them since they dont provide enough evidence,neither does my theory but it can be argued or judged for and against.

top topics

join