It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas and suggestions for a website to expose war and corruption?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello ATS members, I am creating this thread as I have decided to create a new website. The idea is to create a platform for artists, musicians and even journalists to share important and ignored content. I have simply had enough of wars, poverty and so on, I have seen too much to just sit by and moan on thread. I want to give people a voice, to grow a community of people to expose propaganda and corruption through art and other creative means. I want to make a positive difference to the world and utilise whatever freedoms I have to do this.

I have to say ATS does a good job of this, I do not intend to be in competition, in fact posts I have found on ATS have been somewhat of an inspiration. I just want to bring creative and caring people together, give people like me an opportunity to produce work that can spread a message and fight for an important cause.

So why am I posting this? Well I want to get this website right; I would like to get feedback on potential domain names as well as other useful ideas. What pages should I create, how should I order all the content in terms of navigation. Perhaps you know of useful resources, inspiration and so on. Also let me know if you are a designer, programmer or writer willing to contribute. Please remember this site is not about promoting individuals like you or I, I will host it without any ads, I simply want to create a good platform for people around the world to use and contribute.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Not very good with coding/internety stuff, well, I am, but not professionally.

However, I am a songwriter, and since your site is going to be about art and creativity, I have a song that's sort of a cry for help from today's society. If you want to see it, let me know, and i'll PM it to you, or post it on here if others want to read the lyrics.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Sure, feel free to post it here. I will allow create a system allowing users to put written content etc ao you can share lyrics. I am familar with integrating discussion boards though a good CMS programming would be useful.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Well you are a graphic designer so that should be helpful in the creation process for the layout and themes. Before you start that you need a more business/web designer perspective.

I can give you some pointers (large business/finance/marketing background) as I am interested in creating things as well. However, I can't really help you till you have a more clear vision of what you want to do (is this a business to generate revenue through advertising? selling a product? subscriptions? or just a free forum/community?).

I would grab a blank paper if I were you and write down keywords that span features, sections, topics etc. (Example of what your paper might have: Corruption, forum, chat, social network, art, music, facebook, truth, illuminati etc) and try to refine the vision from there (even post that here if you can).

Make sure that if this idea is feasible (profitable or just has potential to create a community or...) that you follow through!

Edit: How do you want to differentiate from other similar communities (ATS).
edit on 3-2-2012 by ThisIsMyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName

Well you are a graphic designer so that should be helpful in the creation process for the layout and themes. Before you start that you need a more business/web designer perspective.

I can give you some pointers (large business/finance/marketing background) as I am interested in creating things as well. However, I can't really help you till you have a more clear vision of what you want to do (is this a business to generate revenue through advertising? selling a product? subscriptions? or just a free forum/community?).

I would grab a blank paper if I were you and write down keywords that span features, sections, topics etc. (Example of what your paper might have: Corruption, forum, chat, social network, art, music, facebook, truth, illuminati etc) and try to refine the vision from there (even post that here if you can).

Make sure that if this idea is feasible (profitable or just has potential to create a community or...) that you follow through!

Edit: How do you want to differentiate from other similar communities (ATS).
edit on 3-2-2012 by ThisIsMyName because: (no reason given)

Definitely nothing to do with profit, I already have a business up and running. This site will be purely for people who want more peace in the world. How they attempt to achieve this is up to them, I certainly have a lot of research to do and this is just the early stage of getting an idea of what people might want. Its all about giving a voice to people in need basically.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Im with you on this. I have had the same idea, just haven't had time to get if off the ground. Your site should have 3 major sections. 1 for artists like you said. 2 for people to blog and post thier opinion and to work together to get protests etc. going 3 Factual articles that have been found on the WWW net. If it's interactive people will go. Disclose the real people for what they are and Im talking about Rothschilds etc. A good start would be this article that will teach people who they really are and open some eyes to what they want to do, what they have planned etc. etc. I suggest you read it for yourself before going ahead and posting and do the research for yourself ( I did and it's all true from what I found )

Once it's online let me know as I will help get it spread. I have a few accounts on sites like Freedom works etc. people, patriots take this seriously. After all we are fighting for our way of life. Also if you need help to get started with articles give me a shout as I have plenty to get you started. I'm not pulling your chain I think this idea is great as no one seems to care anymore and you will get plenty of support from all over.

Remember one thing. DO NOT SELL OUT. You will be approached from beings that will threaten to shut you down or even offer you $$$$ not to post particular articles. You need to be true to yourself and for what you beleive in. Lots of jounalists etc. start off with good intentions and then get infultrated and turn to the "Dark Side" Here's one to get you started and post.

www.iamthewitness.com...

Good luck and hope this totally works for you.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thank you, very useful post. Not to worry, I will not be selling out to nobody. Part of the reason I wil be starting this is after a search and looking at photos of children working in sweatshirts. I will be dead before I give up on my beliefs for a better humanity and looking after Earth.

I have only just thought of this idea though so I will be registering my domain tomorrow. At first the site will probably just be hosting a few wallpapers and articles but I know a few designers who will get the ball rolling. My main worry is copyright issues so I will do my best to make sure every piece of content is good for use so they cannot shut my sight down.

I will probably create an alternative site to just incase. The more thought I put into secruring and managing the site the better so all suggestions are welcome at this point.

edit on 3-2-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

From the standpoint of North America you may find the following content useful (the sources are not exhaustive). The material suggests or demonstrates that armed conflict extends beyond the battlefiled, and carries thru time unresolved.

www.humanresonance.org...
(Note: Neihardt employs artistic license throughout the book; nonetheless, the book affords insight into cultural dichotomies, misunderstandings, & underhanded policies that eventually led to slaughter and, effectively, subjugation of a nation.)

en.wikipedia.org...
(Information on current state of affairs and the complexities which remain.)

(Perspectives of Oglala ancestors.)

Edit: In fairness I should mention that the Sioux were not ... precisely peaceful prior to the American government's inclusion into the Black Hills. Despite this the content is, maybe, a useful resource to highlight cultural dichotomies & economic zeal which lent to warfare.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

This is an issue I have not been aware of, this is an issue I will try to cover as I have great respect for these people and their way of thinking. Come to think of it I would also like to put up some articles on indigenous tribes from other cultures, unfortunately there is much to cover.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Here you go
Obviously it's using the ideas in Pinocchio as a metaphor for wanting someone to come down and save us from ourselves, since we are born imaginative and innocent and then become "wooden" as we grow into adults, and cause destruction and suffering.

If it's no good, just say

Blue Fairy

I need my Blue Fairy, I need my Blue Fairy, my B-B-B-Blue Fairy,
Instrumental -
Back in the day of flesh and blood,
Life was easy real fantastic now it's all just mud,
And when I look back through the pleasantries,
I wonder what the hell has happened, dear society,

Just give it all up, 'cause at the end of the day,
You'll still turn false, and in the end you will pray,
That you had your Fairy, to keep you whole and sane,
But that's tomorrow, and this is today,
When I was a real boy, and life was a steal boy,
My blood was warm, and there was no conformity,
But now I'm just wood boy, now everything's crude boy,
My blood is icy, and everything's dead,

When did life become so damn bad,
That we decide that dying isn't all that sad,
We're given a gift, just to love ourselves,
But we waste our love on sobriety, to me that's Hell,
Just give it all up, 'cause at the end of the day,
You'll still turn false, and in the end you will pray,
That you had your Fairy, to keep you whole and sane,
But that's tomorrow, and this is today,

When I was a real boy, and life was a steal boy,
My blood was warm, and there was no conformity,
But now I'm just wood boy, now everything's crude boy,
My blood is icy, and everything's dead,

Look here she comes, and here I am,
My cerulean mother, let all the records jam,
I wish upon an evening star, transform me to my birth,
That's the me I love more, by far,

Now that I'm a real boy, the errors are gone boy,
I'll love me for what I am, I'll do everything that I can,
To be true to me boy, a real life living boy,
Stromboli can kiss my ass, I'm gonna win.

Very camp, I know

top topics

join