It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a gambling person - what odds would you lay on Israel attacking Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
...and when? This month, this year, etc? Or do you think Israel is rattling the sabers like Imanutjob everytime he takes the podium?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I would not even give you odds on it, that's like a bet against the sun rising in the morning they will attack Oran regardless of what the world thinks

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I would not even give you odds on it, that's like a bet against the sun rising in the morning they will attack Oran regardless of what the world thinks

When? So you think that they will do MORE than just pay lip service and make idle threats? I really do not see what the big deal is. Many countries can or have nukes and NOTHING was done - just look at NK, Pakistan, India, etc. Hell, I bet Germany or Japan could produce a viable nuke within a few months or less if need be...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm going to say late April early May this year

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

very interesting video

www.youtube.com...

While the world rejoices in the aftermath of the enjoyable diversion in which a fake market surges on fake, politically-motivated data, which incidentally refutes the warning voiced last week by the Fed Chairman who has a far better grasp of the economy than the BLS, warned last week, the confluence of real events continues to indicate that something is brewing in the middle east. Only this time it is not the US adding another aircraft carrier to the three already situated by the Straits of Hormuz. This time the smoke and fire come from Israel. ABC reports that "Israeli facilities in North America -- and around the world -- are on high alert, according to an internal security document obtained by ABC News that predicted the threat from Iran against Jewish targets will increase. "We predict that the threat on our sites around the world will increase … on both our guarded sites and 'soft' sites," stated a letter circulated by the head of security for the Consul General for the Mid-Atlantic States. Guarded sites refers to government facilities like embassies and consulates, while 'soft sites' means Jewish synagogues, and schools, as well as community centers like the one hit by a terrorist bombing in Buenos Aires in 1994 that killed 85 people." Hopefully the head of security's prediction track record is better than that of the CBO, and that the very act of prediction does not in effect "make it so." At least courtesy of this latest escalation by Israel we get a clue of what to focus on, if not so much who the actual aggressors will be. In the meantime, Iran, which has been dealing with hyperinflation for weeks now, and likely has bigger problems to worry about than focusing on "soft sites" will naturally sense this escalation as the provocation it may well be meant to be, respond in kind, which will lead to further responses of definite attacks imminent by Iran's adversaries, and so on, and so forth, until finally the dam wall finally cracks.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think we should quit thinking that Israel is about to attack Iran. THEY ALREADY HAVE!

Iran car explosion kills nuclear scientist in Tehran

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

I think they will have a false flag probably a large bomb in Israeli territory, blame it on Iran they start air bombardment with mini nukes deployed to Iranian nuclear sites. They won't nuke Iran but will do enough to enrage the Syrians and Turkish into all out war, then the nukes will fly. Could happen this year with Iran and the whole middle east by next year

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Is their a point spread???

Betting is usually reserved for placing odds on someone winning and losing.

In this sceniaro nobody wins!

Just sayn'

Love
Red

Edit:
So as not to "troll" the thread.... I'll say the "Ides of March" 10th-20th.

edit on 3-2-2012 by redzareptile because: I'm having issues....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Israel is going to do it, even though they have no justification (Well, not by my standards...but by power projection and negotiation standards they have all the justification in the world)
I can't say when, but it's going to happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe during the data gap for the web bot predictions up thru May 2013, possible series of nuclear attacks.
One of their misses might just have missed the date not the event

"The US dollar completely collapses, or Israel bombs Iran in 2011. In reaction to this crisis, administration of U.S. President Barack Obama will be thrown into major chaos ten days late"

Web Bot Predictions

edit on 3-2-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added content

edit on 3-2-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I cannot make a prediction on a date as I have no clue. What I do know is that it will happen in stages. Certain events will occur and eventually it will escalate too many deaths. What goes on in Iran depends largely on whether a better target is found such as Syria. I am sure there are plans for multiple scenarios so you never know when the cards are going to be dealt.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Once they have all the bases covered - in the sense that their (perceived) cost/pain incurred through Iran's retaliation falls within acceptable parameters, and the gains to be had from such an attack outweigh those costs by a fair margin, they shall proceed ahead. they may very well be at that stage already, or may have for some time.

In which case, either creating a false flag, or tempting/pushing Iran enough to start the adventure. the later already seems to have been happening with the assassinations lately of Iran's nuclear scientists etc. if Iran does not take the bait, then they may go ahead with it anyways.

i do feel it could be a couple more months, but i also feel Israel will weigh carefully what extent of damage can be inflicted via Iran's proxies, Hezbollah and Hamas. such risk assessments would have already been carried out, repeatedly. if it is too risky, then it may just be verbal exchanges and no ultimate payload pingpong between the two. only the parties involved will have a really true picture of whatever is available in their arsenal, and some fair intel on the opponents' capabilities.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I'd lay 75 to 25. I think it will all be a big distraction or something like Japan and U.S. in the 40's that would be a distraction for shtf scenario for this country. Too many things, Russia has already warned us if we go in with that we would be attacking Russia. We didn't pay attention to them for a couple of years what are the odds that they have at least one? Who do you think has been helping Iran, China and Ruussia, I'd wager. Neither of those two countries will ever be our friends!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If I bet on Israel attacking Iran I'd lose money when Iran does what we all know deep down and attacks first.

new topics

top topics

join