It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the FBI really send me this ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I don't know what I hate more.

Nigerian Scammers or dimwits who think the Scam is the real thing.

The first would not exist without the latter. Duh.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Yeh I hate those guys too. Dumbasses.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i use to get at least 5 to 8 a day till i went and told the FIB about this scam and yes it is a scam, the FBI www.fbi.gov... has a site on there for just this here is the link to it www.ic3.gov... fill out the form and they will take it from there.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
All you peoples what say this is a scam sham on yous.

Clearly is grat opportunity, e should take da money.

You all are only jealous of da mans good fortune.

Please to send soon the bank account number so we cans send yous da money.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Or you can fight back.

Every hour of their time you waste is an hour they are not fleecing someone grandma of her retirement money.

Here is the standard run. Pastor Niles Crane presiding lol

419eater.com...

That was a hoot!

Read the whole thing. Almost felt sorry for the scammer.
edit on 4-2-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry, I don't believe its from the FBI its just another take off on the classic Nigerian scam. I wouldn't send them any informarion. If it were really FBI then they would have all your information. If I get anything like that in my e-mail I don't even look at I just send it to the delete button. Don't be fooled out of your money!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Agree wholeheartedly with you. This should be sent to the FBI because there are many dumb s#ts that will fall for this. Granted, they shouldn't have contorl of their own money in the first place, but you could save someone heartache and give them an extra movie from Netflix.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Its crap mail!

The FBI wouldn't send you an e mail. That is a scam

Actually the FBI can send emails, because I got one once. It was a response to an email I had sent them. Naturally that makes them suspicious, so now I assume that my email address is on their lists for the rest of its lifetime, even if it gets owned by another person in the future.

In essence, the email said something like: this isn't our department. Go away; go bother the US Marshals.

I have to add, and then I did, and the US Marshals said something like this: this isn't our department. Go away; go bother the local police.

Then I went to the local police, and they did something like this: this isn't our department. Go away; go bother the other county across state lines.

But to do that, I know they'd tell me I'd have to go to the FBI... the saga continues.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Sandalphon because: more story!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

It has to do with Nigeria. But I've sent them back nothing but hate mail. Are they trying to set me up ?

Here's the communicado:

ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONITORY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535-0001
Phone/Fax: 206-337-5630

Attention:

This is to officially inform you that the Central Bank in Nigeria has wired the sum of Ten Million, Five hundred thousand U.S Dollars into the United States of America in your name as the beneficiary.

The said funds is still under intense investigation from this office regarding it's source.

The Central Bank of Nigeria knowing fully well that they do not have enough facilities to effect this payment directly into your account, used what we know as a secret diplomatic transit payment (S.T.D.P) to pay this fund through wire transfer.

However, Secret diplomatic transfer payments are normally funds related to drug/terrorist and money laundering system of payment.

The Question now is, why must your payment be made in such secret transfer? If your transaction is legitimate and not related to drug/terrorism, why can't the Central Bank in Nigeria effect direct transfer into your account than secret diplomatic payment transfer?

Due to the increased difficulties and thorough scrutiny by the American authorities when funds come in through such payment process from Europe, Africa and Middle East and based on the records we have had in the past, such method of payment has always been identified as drug/ terrorist/money laundering funds.

However, in line with the United States policy on funds transfer, as soon as these funds are transferred into the United States, it is our compulsory obligations to establish the credentials and official recognition of this funds before final crediting into your account.

For this reason therefore, You are advised to contact the United States Funds monitoring unit, a sub-division of the US Treasury department for the certificate of funds legality.they are still waiting for confirmation from you on the already transferred funds which was made in direct transfer so that they can do final crediting to your account

This document or certificate empowers the transfer and also licenses that funds originating from Europe, Africa and Middle East are free from terrorist/drug and money laundering.

Failure to provide this document within 3 days will warrant us to confiscate these funds and further charge you for money laundering offences.

We will allow the funds to be released into your account as soon as you make provision for the essential document.We advice you contact us immediately as the funds have been Stopped and are being held in our custody,

Yours faithfully,

Robert S. Mueller, III
Director
© 2012 Microsoft Terms PrivacyAbout our adsAdvertiseDevelopers

Here is my answer to the the comminicado:

That's great three hots and a cot sound great to me. tho I know nothing of these endeavors I expect you to do all you can to keep my country safe. When can I expect you ? My wife is driving me nuts anyway and early retirement at camp snoopy Guantanamo would be just the thing.

So what do you think peeps ? Are my days finally numbered ? Happy birthady to me Happy birthday to me. Oh yes I love my government .Happy to me.

Randyvs.

If it was really the FBI they would address you by your name... If this letter came in your real life mailbox, might have to worry. Emails bs

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Amazing...They are sending me that exact sum too!!!

Don't reply with hate mail. It's usually from someone else computer here in the US who has a virus of some sort that auto sends this to everyone in their contacts list.

I'm sure even the headers are forged. Nigeria is one rich country though. They sure seem to have an awful lot of money just laying around for Americans to "acquire."

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Bait the mothers.

Nigerian scam baiting
www.scamorama.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

"anda da money wed send youa wil be from your acoount to veerify it is da real acoount becaus weda want no fake acount to steal forma."
do you see how this works they take the money form one account (mine)dump it in to yours and then take yours and mine to the next poor unsuspecting bloke, and so on and so forth, wait till you get one that reads like this, " due to suspected activity or emails we the FIB have been informed " (email at this point) "you" have been thought to have been in activity's , please verify bank account , and email for further inquirers" the email is sent by the same web email site a fake FBI site account I am no stranger to this Nigeria Brazil UK and Austria have all tried to get my info a member of your family has .. a close friend has or I represent... on behalf of an estate... you name i get it but so does the FBI, thought about linking my spam to FBI directly or my email but then this might not be a good idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I got that exact e-mail a few years ago. I forwarded it to the real FBI (I think I found an e-mail address for them over on Alex Jones' site.)

Then I replied to the e-mail & told them that I had forwarded it. I didn't get a response to either one.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Holy crap ! Nah! I don't think that would be good at all. WT............F that ! I mean unless one actually works for the FBI. NAH! Nothing good can comw from that. I mean calling attention to yourself ? As far as the FBI is concerned ? That just stinks to high heaven.

I paraphrase.

" By the way Mr.Bekod, could you please come down to our office ? Where my team and I can thank you for your assisstance in helping us assertain so much evidence leading to these arrests ? "

It's prolly the FBIs gig.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join