It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul giving up secretly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Linkamoto

What kind of disinformation is this? are you saying Ron Paul giving up secretly? no he isn't.
In fact

"We have more IDs than Romney had votes in '08," said Paul's state chairman, Carl Bunce, meaning identified supporters who have committed to attend Saturday's caucuses across the state. He wouldn't give a precise number, but Romney's 2008 vote total in his big Nevada win was 22,649.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

He's polling in 4th place in NV right now. I'm not trying to spread "disinformation". I'm a huge Paul supporter myself. I'm merely wondering if his campaign has, perhaps internally, given up on the idea of actually winning.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Ron Paul never intended to win, secretly.

That much, I know.

He never needed to win the Presidency to win the minds of American's.

Not all citizens but he definitely woke some people up to stuff they would have never otherwise known about.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

He won't be dropping out before super tuesday.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

So are the media polls to be believed or will Paul do better?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm in Nevada too and am a big Ron Paul supporter. Going to try like hell to become a delegate tomorrow, but from the looks of it my precinct has too many old school Republicans. He had a huge turnout at his Rally on Thurs night, but did seem a little exhausted and maybe defeated too. I know doesn't have a chance of winning and I don't think he is supposed to either. This is about the movement behind him sharing the same principals.

It will be up to us to continue to educate people, and steer people away from traditional media. I'm looking forward to someone new to come forward, whether it is his son Rand or someone else. I will still write him in like I did in 2008. The other two candidates are not worthy of my vote.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Linkamoto

He's polling in 4th place in NV right now. I'm not trying to spread "disinformation". I'm a huge Paul supporter myself. I'm merely wondering if his campaign has, perhaps internally, given up on the idea of actually winning.

Yes and in 2008 he was polling in 4th place as well... then suddenly he came in second.

Fact is the polling numbers are not accurate. If anyone has not figured that out yet, they have not been paying attention.

Anyone who thinks Ron Paul is going to team up with Romney is foolish at best and at worst, an idiot. This idea is a MSM talking point. They have finally come to realize that the one Candidate that they have been telling you for years is "unelectable" now has enough support that he is a legitimate threat. Bottom line is, the GOP can not win without the help of his supporters. By definition this means he is not "unelectable".

You never hear the MSM discussing what happens to Santorum's supporters. You never hear them discussing what happens to Gingrich supporters. Why is that? The answer is because they are Establishment Candidates. They are no different from each other, so it is very easy to see how those supporters would just move into the camp of whomever the nominee is.

So is Ron Paul giving up? Not at all. He has been campaigning hard in the midwest and western states. You have Nevada, Minnesota, Colorado and I am sure there is one more coming up pretty quickly but which one escapes me at the moment.
edit on 4-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

well there is the Ron Paul write in factor, this would be one way to side step the issue of him dropping out or not willing to go the distance till the end.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

no I do not think he is , not yet he is just a head of the game he knows it is early and the show is just starting today Sat the 4th he is in www.ronpaul2012.com... from the link

Ron Paul at Rochester, MN Town Hall
Ron Paul at Chanhassen Town Hall
Ron Paul at Bethel University Rally
so you se he is just doing what he should be going here and there spreading the word not show boating

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Do you think he will win a state? I have been hoping and have a slight thought that he might get one.
Hopefully the poor showings in these establishment touting southern states don't hurt himin the ones he has a chance in. Ifhe could just win one this whole thing could be turned upside down.

So again.. do you think he will win one? Which one?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrWendal

Do you think he will win a state? I have been hoping and have a slight thought that he might get one.
Hopefully the poor showings in these establishment touting southern states don't hurt himin the ones he has a chance in. Ifhe could just win one this whole thing could be turned upside down.

So again.. do you think he will win one? Which one?

This is a very fair question and the short answer is yes I do.

I disagree with the premise that he has had a poor showing in the Southern States, but this opinion is really based on the 2008 results. In both SC and Florida, Ron Paul doubled the 2008 results. That is a very large jump in a 3 year time period. In New Hampshire Ron Paul placed 2nd with 22.9% and a total vote count of 56,848 votes. In 2008 in New Hampshire Ron Paul took 5th place with 7.8% of the vote and a total of 18,308 votes. I think the math really speaks for itself and this is why I really do not look at Florida or South Carolina as something lost.

As far as what States I think Ron Paul will carry, I would bet the farm on Puerto Rico, but I am sure that is not exactly the answer your looking for. I like Paul's chances in Nevada, but I would not be surprised if he gets another 2nd place finish. Romney took 51% of the votes in 2008 and Paul took 2nd but with 13.75%. That is a lot of ground to make up, but Paul has had very very good organization there since 2008. In any event Nevada, just like Iowa, is a Caucus. Therefor delegates are not pledged to any Candidate until the Convention.

I am very interested in Nevada's results. The polls are wrong now, just like the polls were wrong in 2008. I do not say this because Ron Paul is "my guy". I say this because it is a fact. In 2008 prior to the Nevada Caucus the polls showed John McCain in first with 22%. Rudy Giuliani (18 percent), Mike Huckabee (16 percent), Mitt Romney (15 percent), Fred Thompson (11 percent) and Ron Paul (6 percent). The actual results were MUCH different. The actual results were Romney (51%), Paul (13.73%), McCain (12.75%), Huckabee (8.16%), Thompson (7.94%), and Giuliani (4.31%). So I ignore the current polls and I look more towards factors. It's a Mormon area, Romney is expected to get the Mormon vote again. Paul has had strong organization in the State since 2008. In my opinion, anything less than 30% for Paul will be a big disappointment.

I expect Ron Paul could win Nevada, Montana, Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, Nebraska, Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota and New Mexico. These are all States in which Paul placed 2nd in 2008. Thus far, looking strictly at the results, we can expect improved numbers in all these States. Therefor these are all good possibilities for Paul to actually win the State and as I said previously, I would bet the farm that Paul will take Puerto Rico, which is much more important in this election cycle due to it's amount of delegates and the fact that States like Florida and New Hampshire both lost delegates due to moving up their Primary dates.

I also expect strong showings in the States were Paul took 3rd in 2008 which is North Dakota, Utah, Alaska, Maine, Kansas, Washington, Virginia, Wisconsin, Vermont, Rhode Island, Ohio, Texas, Mississippi, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, Washington DC, Puerto Rico.

The main thing to remember here is not wins and losses. It is delegates. Iowa's can not be counted. New Hampshire was 9 Romney and 3 Paul. South Carolina was 23 Gingrich and 2 Romney. Florida is being contested. So in reality, there really is no clear front runner when what is needed is 1,214 delegates.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't know about the newsletters but I do think that Ron Paul is well aware that he cannot secure the republican nomination by taking 2nd or 3rd place in every contest. It's gonna take some actual wins to get the job done and that doesn't seem to be happening, at least not yet.

With that said, (and despite the fact that I won't be voting for Ron Paul in November) I still don't want to see him drop out. I think that he has brought some very important issues to the table and regardless of whether or not he secures the nomination, I'm hoping that his candidacy will have an positive influence on future U.S. policy.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Don't be absurd. RP's in it 'til the end, aren't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join