It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Match Fixing become accepted in sport?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
With more and more perverse occurrences of match fixing in Sport getting revealed almost daily in the media,what effects will this blight on what was once the purest of human activities have on future acceptance of sport in general?

How many millions of soccer fans around the globe for example are beginning to realise that some of the games they are watching either on TV or live in the stands are in fact rigged?

The criminal and greedy minded have found their new gravy train ie rigging and fixing results by bribing , blackmailing, threatening and promising.

Italy and Russia the hubs of this crime wheel areexporting players and coaches to such places as England, now we are seeing some very strange soccer results occurring in the English game for example Manchester united beat Arsenal 8 goals to 2 a few months ago, then not long after were beaten 7 goals to 1 ..by their local rivals Man City.

Anyone who has followed English Football for any length of time will know this was out of kilter.

There is big big money to be made by criminal masterminds on sports betting.

I have a 70% success rate on picking results in the English Premier League, but it will never make me rich , I simply do not have the capital to make huge profit.

But the clever thing for the criminals is they know they can make huge profits by using hundreds of lackeys who bet small amounts on big odds fixed games all around the globe.

Conversley they have lackeys who put bigger amounts on short odds involving games they fix .

There has recently been a relaxing of sports betting rules all around the globe, now you can legally bet using a mobile phone whilst the games are in progress.

The question also is is sport now merely a tool for the general population to place bets...whilst all the while they accept that organised crime is rigging some if not most of every possible betting outcome?

I believe sport was once pure even at professional level but sadly I now doubt it is so.

We may not want it nor wish it but will we accept it?

Will we still wear our scarves our team shirts and have our hearts welded to our sides fortunes?...when deep down we know the players have been bought?

That it is merely a play ...where the puppet masters pay those whose strings are being pulled?

It is a very sad era in humanity.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Dr Expired because: comprehension

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I don't care what anybody says , i have a hard time believing a veteran of the game like Zidane , would throw the finals with such a move. Zidane has heart it all on the field , he knows smack talk is part of the game . I'm sure he has heard much worse. But for him to "flip" like this and head butt the guy and be tossed out , costing them the loss...

is italian mafia all over it lol

either that or you can tell me mk ultra candidate

The mob had something deep on ZIdane to make him pull such a foolish move ,

Cricket is a fine example of corruption , they are not as careful , but now they are taking more stealth measures to conceal the dark strings , amongest the clear ones

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Match fixing does occur, but I'm not so sure about the English Premier League. I support Arsenal, and I hate to say it but... that 8-2 defeat was legit. My team just gave up. They crumbled the same way as they did months before against Newcastle in the famous 4-4 match. And quite commonly, once a team is up 3-0, the other team practically quits, which makes it even easier to bang in a few more goals. Hence the 8-1 City v United game. But when you get into some of the smaller less known leagues, than yeah, I'm sure it happens.

And no, it will never be accepted.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just to add, if anyone thinks sportsbetting is a small industry Nevada claims 20 billion dollars in Sports gambling revenue annually.

Worldwide we are talking hundreds of billions potentially, with governements grabbing taxes in the billions also.

Would it be odd if governements around the world turned a blind eye to sports fixing?

THey legalised sports betting to get a cut off the mobsters in the first place.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It happens in the United States in all sports more often than people realize. Whenever there is a lot of money to be made, people will make that money.

Money is the spell humans have been under for a long, long time. It controls everything we are.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

what an ridiculous question.
do you seriously think that match fixing will become part of the norm in football?
if there were even a handful of people that had put on bets on those results you mentioned, the bookmakers would immediately smell a rat. who would forecast united beating arsenal 8-2? or city beating united 6-1?
i would bet nobody. highly unlikely. so the bookmakers would release press statements voicing their suspicions.
they have done in the past. sure with the wages players get paid, what would they be bribed with?
or a whole team? and manager?
if you'd watched the above matches you'd have seen arsenal fall to pieces and city put on a master class.
just because these were abnormal results shouldnt arose suspicion.

edit on 3/2/12 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

match fixing does occur - but on the sale you claim [ the cited 7-1 and 8-2 matches ] firstly - the degree of ` fixing `to achieve such results without the co-operation of the entire squad of both teams and thier manages would be instantly obvious

second - book-keepers study betting patterns - and any significant betting on such an unlikley result would raise suspicions
edit on 3-2-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

join